Page 1054 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 54554954100410441050105110521053105410551056105710581064 ... LastLast
Results 15,796 to 15,810 of 16281

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    So unfortunately I wasn't able to get an answer. Can anyone speak to ordering their pre-orders from TOW? With the current state of things selling out so quickly, anyone thinking its gonna be worth it to start doing that Instead of continually refreshing IST? I know for myself, I'm a firefighter so I could get a rescue or fire right at 3 on a Tuesday and by the time I'm done, good chance some of this stuff will be sold out. I'm thinking it might be worth it for me to do, just wanted to know if people have done that and if it was good?
    This is what I have done. i've got preorders lined up for TOW through all they have. Based on crazy sellouts of Uncanny X-Force and a few others, TOW wouldn't allow preorders of Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, or Black Widow, but you can preorder everything else.
    You end up paying like $5-10 more of an omni via them vs. IST on release day, but you're (ideally) guaranteed the book, especially if it's a DM Variant one. Hope this helps. I like to preorder also as it helps me budget. TOW doesn't bill you until it ships.

What I do is you setup preorders on the credit card, but again, it doesn't bill it until it ships, which is typically months away. And then you can just send them payments via Paypal to 'pay off' the preorders as you go along. That's how I do it, anyways.

Thank you for your service!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    This is what I have done. i've got preorders lined up for TOW through all they have. Based on crazy sellouts of Uncanny X-Force and a few others, TOW wouldn't allow preorders of Silver Surfer, She-Hulk, or Black Widow, but you can preorder everything else.
    You end up paying like $5-10 more of an omni via them vs. IST on release day, but you're (ideally) guaranteed the book, especially if it's a DM Variant one. Hope this helps. I like to preorder also as it helps me budget. TOW doesn't bill you until it ships.

What I do is you setup preorders on the credit card, but again, it doesn't bill it until it ships, which is typically months away. And then you can just send them payments via Paypal to 'pay off' the preorders as you go along. That's how I do it, anyways.

Thank you for your service!
    Thank you for the kind words and for your input. I think I will do that, If that recent she-hulk omnibus had sold out like a few minutes earlier I would have missed it because a rescue came in a few minutes before 3. Would have ended up getting it a few days after when it was briefly back on IST but I hate to take the chance.

I think I'll do some preorders with TOW for the likely high in demand ones like Uncanny X-Men, and take my chances on IST with others. I want Absolute Carnage and War of the Realms but something tells me people aren't as excited for those versus stuff like UXM.

Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is up on IST.

If interested, I would grab it now while supplies last.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Silver Surfer Omnibus reprint is up on IST.

If interested, I would grab it now while supplies last.
    Did i already miss it? 4 minutes is all it was up? Seriously?!?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    Yeah, its gone. That was quick. I was able to get a copy.

Amazing Member

Congrats. I’ve never seen anything like that at IST. Crazy. I guess I’ll pay full price on amazon.

I believe it was up at 3PM EST.

I completely forgot, and thankfully remembered by 3:15 and rushed online and crossed my fingers it was still available. So more like 20 mins.

And honestly, 20 minutes is a longer window than usual these days.

Amazing Member

Congrats. Iíve never seen anything like that at IST. Crazy. I guess Iíll pay full price on amazon.
    I ended up getting the DM Variant cover SS reprint. Every step on my web browser to check out took like a minute. Have a business class internet connection.

Luckily checked at 2:15 cst and was able to get the DM variant for SS reprint.

Thankfully, I decided to pre-order via TOW for this one. Probably going to be my SOP for the rest of the year on titles like this. I'd rather spend a few dollars up front than miss the book and face the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Thankfully, I decided to pre-order via TOW for this one. Probably going to be my SOP for the rest of the year on titles like this. I'd rather spend a few dollars up front than miss the book and face the secondary market.
    Have you gone this route before or is this your first time? I'm considering it and was looking for input from people who have done it.

If you've done it prior, have your experiences been good? Do you consider it overall worth the few extra dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Have you gone this route before or is this your first time? I'm considering it and was looking for input from people who have done it.

If you've done it prior, have your experiences been good? Do you consider it overall worth the few extra dollars?
    I have (3x) and was pleased. They are the same company as IST (return address is IST) and probably set aside the pre-orders from their allotment before posting it live on IST. I paid $58 +$4.66 shipping. Not sure what it was on IST as they were gone before I logged in today. Even if I'd saved the shipping cost it's not worth my time to sit and refresh a browser to hope I hit the lottery. It's a no brainer for me.

It was $58 (42% off)

I thought they updated at 3:00 central time so yeah, missed that one. I'd wager they'll get more copies at some point and wasn't a high priority for me anyway. But She-Hulk by Byrne still being unavailable is slightly worrisome, has demand for omnis gone up that much?

The X-books coming later this year I'll definitely be preordering through ToW though. It's worth it for the piece of mind.

Amazing Member

That was ridiculous. I didn't even see it up and I searched several times throughout the day (Silver Surfer).

I still haven't had my she-hulk shipped either despite having it preordered it on DCBS. Doesn't bode well. Does DCBS sometimes notify that an item was unavailable or do they not oversell and eventually ship?