Page 1055 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 5555595510051045105110521053105410551056105710581059106511051155 ... LastLast
Results 15,811 to 15,825 of 20754
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLW View Post
    Hi, SJNeal,

Thanks for the reply. Does Tales of Wonder accept preorders, then?

Cheers,

– W.
    They do. Check out the "Advanced Orders" tab on their homepage; might be a good place to start.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Dazed and Confused

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    They do. Check out the "Advanced Orders" tab on their homepage; might be a good place to start.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

– W.

Quote Originally Posted by WayneLW View Post
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

– W.
    I've been pleased pre-ordering from them. Keep in mind if you want your items to ship as they get released you'll have to pay more shipping. So if you order items released a month apart, they'll hold them aside until all your items are in unless you pay to ship them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I've been pleased pre-ordering from them. Keep in mind if you want your items to ship as they get released you'll have to pay more shipping. So if you order items released a month apart, they'll hold them aside until all your items are in unless you pay to ship them separately.
    This is why it's good to plan these things out in a spreadsheet, and then line up your preorders accordingly. Between now and EOY I have like 5 or 6. As long as each order is > $100, you get free shipping, so bundle up 2 omnis that are released in same month, and submit, and then bundle up another omni and some trades or whatever in another month, boom, there's another one, etc...

TOW are awesome.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Anyone getting the Morbius omni tomorrow? I’m thinking about it but not fully sold.

Cakeflip

We need some sort of all-encompassing Logan's Run omnibus (including the missing issue #8 that Marvel never published {was it EVEN started or completed before the comic book was cancelled?}.

Any thoughts - insights, etc.?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Anyone getting the Morbius omni tomorrow? I’m thinking about it but not fully sold.
    Yeah I am not sold either. When I was a kid I always thought he was a lame character. I think I first heard about him off a Marvel Masterpieces card. The card was cool though.

Never read any comics with him in it. Never heard about what a great run it was or anything else. I’m not the type to need everything on my shelf so I guess I will pass unless someone presents compelling evidence and soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phd. Strange; 06-22-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Incredible Member

Re: TOW

Do they offer discounts as much as IST?
    How's their packaging?

Because if I can preorder Uncanny omni 1-3 in one fell swoop and have a guaranteed copy of each (even if the package then ships in like December or something), with decent discounts, solid packaging and good customer service, then why would I ever use IST again? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cakeflip View Post
    We need some sort of all-encompassing Logan's Run omnibus (including the missing issue #8 that Marvel never published {was it EVEN started or completed before the comic book was cancelled?}.

Any thoughts - insights, etc.?
    An 8-issue omni?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    This is why it's good to plan these things out in a spreadsheet, and then line up your preorders accordingly. Between now and EOY I have like 5 or 6. As long as each order is > $100, you get free shipping, so bundle up 2 omnis that are released in same month, and submit, and then bundle up another omni and some trades or whatever in another month, boom, there's another one, etc...

TOW are awesome.
    I agree on planning it out, I keep notes in my phone on when to preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Re: TOW

Do they offer discounts as much as IST?
    How's their packaging?

Because if I can preorder Uncanny omni 1-3 in one fell swoop and have a guaranteed copy of each (even if the package then ships in like December or something), with decent discounts, solid packaging and good customer service, then why would I ever use IST again? Lol
    I think their normal prices are similar but ToW doesn't offer the release week 50% off deals. Though, those seem to be getting slimmer in time and I'd wager the re-issues of the X-Men omnis won't be at 50% off. I could be wrong though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I think their normal prices are similar but ToW doesn't offer the release week 50% off deals. Though, those seem to be getting slimmer in time and I'd wager the re-issues of the X-Men omnis won't be at 50% off. I could be wrong though.
    Thanks

Who here has used TOW? Was it a good experience?

I used CGN for the Astonishing X-men omni but I see they're not allowing preorders of Uncanny omni v1 (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Thanks

Who here has used TOW? Was it a good experience?

I used CGN for the Astonishing X-men omni but I see they're not allowing preorders of Uncanny omni v1 (yet).
    I'm a big advocate for TOW, have used them for like 10+ years. Great customer service, easy to preorder and pay off as time moves along.
    Like others have said, they don't offer 50% off, but then IST doesn't always anymore, either.

So for a $100 omni, where you can get it on release week at IST for $50 (if it doesn't sell out in 5 mins!!) TOW is typically $58. Is $8 more worth knowing you're going to get it because you preordered it? For me it is. Especially on DM covers that sell out instantly.

Free shipping at $100, vs. free shipping at $50 on IST, so you have to plan out your orders a little better.

Typically for already released stuff, they're identical prices to IST (Epics are $23.19, etc...) but sometimes TOW is cheaper than IST, on random stuff.
    I recently got the Timely omnis from TOW vs IST because they were like $8 less per book.

As far as packing, it's identical to IST. The custom-formed foam that gets pushed into the gray wrapper stuff, that is awesome, in strong diamond boxes.
    Again, with preordering capability, for me, this puts TOW above the rest. I've planned out the rest of 2020 (except for a small handful of books that aren't solicited for DEC yet) and have preorders of ~2 omnis lined up so I get free shipping. And no tax unless you live in Tennessee. Preorder them on the credit card, they don't bill until it ships. and then over time you can throw Paypal at those preorders and get them paid off in plenty of time before their release.

I love IST as well, but the whole "game" of nabbing omnis on release day at 2PM CST is growing tired, and I don't want to play that game anymore.

Hope this helps. reach out to me via personal message if you have more questions!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I'm a big advocate for TOW, have used them for like 10+ years. Great customer service, easy to preorder and pay off as time moves along.
    Like others have said, they don't offer 50% off, but then IST doesn't always anymore, either.

So for a $100 omni, where you can get it on release week at IST for $50 (if it doesn't sell out in 5 mins!!) TOW is typically $58. Is $8 more worth knowing you're going to get it because you preordered it? For me it is. Especially on DM covers that sell out instantly.

Free shipping at $100, vs. free shipping at $50 on IST, so you have to plan out your orders a little better.

Typically for already released stuff, they're identical prices to IST (Epics are $23.19, etc...) but sometimes TOW is cheaper than IST, on random stuff.
    I recently got the Timely omnis from TOW vs IST because they were like $8 less per book.

As far as packing, it's identical to IST. The custom-formed foam that gets pushed into the gray wrapper stuff, that is awesome, in strong diamond boxes.
    Again, with preordering capability, for me, this puts TOW above the rest. I've planned out the rest of 2020 (except for a small handful of books that aren't solicited for DEC yet) and have preorders of ~2 omnis lined up so I get free shipping. And no tax unless you live in Tennessee. Preorder them on the credit card, they don't bill until it ships. and then over time you can throw Paypal at those preorders and get them paid off in plenty of time before their release.

I love IST as well, but the whole "game" of nabbing omnis on release day at 2PM CST is growing tired, and I don't want to play that game anymore.

Hope this helps. reach out to me via personal message if you have more questions!
    Dang. You've convinced me. I'm going to submit my preorder this week because i already know everything i want for the rest of the year.
    Thanks

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Yeah I am not sold either. When I was a kid I always thought he was a lame character. I think I first heard about him off a Marvel Masterpieces card. The card was cool though.

Never read any comics with him in it. Never heard about what a great run it was or anything else. I’m not the type to need everything on my shelf so I guess I will pass unless someone presents compelling evidence and soon.
    I've never read the bulk of the material either but am eager to read it in a nice presentation that an Omnibus allows. Not like it was going to be in MMW format.
    I'm biased in that I like Marvel Horror fare, Spiderman and read him some in the 90s plus his current series is awesome!

Waiting for IST to drop it now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The Morbius Omnibus with both covers is on IST
    I passed on it because, frankly I don’t care for the
    Character and more to the fact there are many
    Books coming out over the next few months I
    Want far more and my time and space, does have
    some degree a limitations.