Page 106 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 656961021031041051061071081091101161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Id like to know as well, any chance places like ist/CGN will just lower their prices one day?
    They're already 50 percent off. They have to make money somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Snapping up a few Infinity Gauntlet Omnis for later when the movie comes out and the market has grown sounds wise.
    Too bad I don't have the space for such a venture at this time. I'd bank the difference towards investing in some of my whales.
    I was thinking the same thing. Also, Punisher Max.

Spectacular Member

This small bookshop near me is having some stock clear out sale or something and I picked up the "Fantastic Four: The World's Greatest Comics Magazine!" HC. Has anyone read this? I only got it cause it was reduced from £25 to £5 but it looks like it's set near the end of the Lee/Kirby run or something?

Anyone in the UK with a "The Works" nearby should go check it their sale. They didn't have much HC's but what they did have was really cheap (Hickman's FF in HC for about £4 a book). Trades were really cheap as well, about £2-3.

It seems painfully obvious that IG is a shoe-in to be the next whitest of whales. Everyone clamored for it before it was released and people not collecting now will drool for it when it's OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    It seems painfully obvious that IG is a shoe-in to be the next whitest of whales. Everyone clamored for it before it was released and people not collecting now will drool for it when it's OOP.
    The PHC was OOP and was going for crazy prices before the Omni was announced.

X-Statix has been on clearance for so long it's kinda sad because it's not a bad book. And that New Avengers, damn. I got it for 25 bucks two years ago.

Also, for those who like to flip books, there could be a market for the AoA companion since the main book will have multiple printings. Not as big as the Daredevil Companion, but who knows.
    Last edited by Canucked; 01-16-2016 at 04:09 PM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Without a Diamond account though, we can't take advantage of these discounted prices...?
    You will, via the retailers who will then sell them at a discount. As a hypothetical example, the retailer gets the clearance Young Avengers Omnibus for $5 wholesale, then sells it online for $20 or whatever.

Contacted my comic book guy but the Claremont X-Men Omnibus was already sold out. Was REALLY REALLY wanting to get that one!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Just a heads up: many omnibuses are being cleared out of Marvel warehouses.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...oung-avengers/
    wait so will this affect Amazon prices? Cos thats usually the only way I can get any of these

A just in case, already know the answer question but these clearances never reach the UK do they?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    But it could also see a relatively quick reprint when the next Avengers movie comes out, similar to Age Of Apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    A just in case, already know the answer question but these clearances never reach the UK do they?
    Check out the amazon.co.uk marketplace. IIRC some sellers had a couple of those $100 Omnibuses at £30. Not an amazing price but not to be scoffed at.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Contacted my comic book guy but the Claremont X-Men Omnibus was already sold out. Was REALLY REALLY wanting to get that one!
    I just called my LCS and he said that he couldn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Just a heads up: many omnibuses are being cleared out of Marvel warehouses.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...oung-avengers/
    I wonder if I should get Punisher MAX, I've never read anything of the character.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I wonder if I should get Punisher MAX, I've never read anything of the character.
    I'd suggest starting with some of Garth Ennis' earlier stuff, like "Welcome Back Frank" before jumping into that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'd suggest starting with some of Garth Ennis' earlier stuff, like "Welcome Back Frank" before jumping into that.
    The Aaron/Dillion run was pretty good, but actually a let down after the excellent Ennis run. Get the Aaron book read and enjoy it. Then jump into the Ennis collections and prepare to be blown away.