Page 1060 of 1071 FirstFirst ... 60560960101010501056105710581059106010611062106310641070 ... LastLast
Results 15,886 to 15,900 of 16062
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    I need to share this with people who can appreciate it properly... When the Uncanny X-Force omni reprint was announced I immediately pre-ordered (and payed) it. I then forgot all about it and in the hectic of the corona crisis I didn't have the time to buy new comics. I then visited another site and saw that it's out of stock everywhere, I was pretty bummed since I was waiting on that omni for years and never read the story as I wanted to read it in oversized format.. Yesterday I checked the website that I usually do pre-orders on (to do new pre-orders) and saw that the Uncanny X-Force omni is ready to be shipped and just needed confirmation, I confirmed it but saw that it was out of stock on the website so I was expecting it to be cancelled. However, 5 minutes ago I received the shipping confirmation so it should be arriving shortly and, since I forgot that I paid it, I feel like I'm getting a free omnibus haha.
    Haha that is pretty damn cool. Nice surprise from yourself. lol. Memory's a funny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    It is funny to me but this is exactly why I don’t preorder Omnibus’.
    Why? Because you forget you preordered something?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Haha that is pretty damn cool. Nice surprise from yourself. lol. Memory's a funny thing.

Why? Because you forget you preordered something?
    No because you pay usually an inflated price, zero communication with the seller, no guarantee I will even get the book... and on top of that you have to pay way ahead of time for all of this? No thanks.

I see it as a present from my past self

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    No because you pay usually an inflated price, zero communication with the seller, no guarantee I will even get the book... and on top of that you have to pay way ahead of time for all of this? No thanks.
    Uhm, this was actually the other way around. I received a 10 or 15% discount on the pre-order and I received an e-mail when it came into stock, it just got buried in my work e-mail. No fault on their side.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    I see it as a present from my past self

Uhm, this was actually the other way around. I received a 10 or 15% discount on the pre-order and I received an e-mail when it came into stock, it just got buried in my work e-mail. No fault on their side.

I wanted that Silver Surfer badly. When it sold out at the usual places, I preordered it from amazon (amazon being 2 weeks behind the usual places) because they had a slight ($10) discount. I ended up cancelling it when I realized that they’ve got to print it as part of the Epic Collection series. Since so many of my Surfer books are in that format already, I’m willing to wait. I know it could be a long while but I’m so behind on my reading as is, even during covid time.
    “The Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. It’s the only thing they’ll respect.” - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

Fantastic Member

So, Omar dropped the news last night that the Captain America by Brubaker omnibus volume 1 is getting a reprint. Pretty sure this means that they will reprint all of them. So you can stop chasing the whales

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    So, Omar dropped the news last night that the Captain America by Brubaker omnibus volume 1 is getting a reprint. Pretty sure this means that they will reprint all of them. So you can stop chasing the whales
    Oh my God. Finally! Now Hickman's FF Vol 1 and I'll never complain again

Edit: Oh, and The Death of Cap.
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 07-03-2020 at 01:23 AM.

Spectacular Member

Anyone bought from Abebooks before? I just wanna know how their packaging is

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Abebooks is a marketplace so it depends on the seller you order from.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Abebooks is a marketplace so it depends on the seller you order from.
    Thanks. Not sure how I missed lol.

Incredible Member

I was so happy to see that announcement! I love Brubaker's Cap run but the Omni's have been OOP for years so I'm definitely picking this (and any other reprints they do!) up

Oh yes, I REALLY want a reprint of that FF run. I've actually never read a FF run before, am anxiously waiting on making this my first one.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Spectacular Member

I'd still like to see Marvel send the X-Force Omnibus back to print; a pitiful amount of those books seemed to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Yes I have bought quite a few books from the site and they basically use a standard packaging that keeps the book safe.
    Hail Hydra!

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Good for those folks who need/want that material. I have them.
    Still waiting on Captain Britain, that is my only whale.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Good for those folks who need/want that material. I have them.
    Still waiting on Captain Britain, that is my only whale.
    I have all the Cap A & B Omnibuses All I want is the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus or even better an Expanded Omnibus of the complete run. Then, I will be as happy as Larry.