Page 1063 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 6356396310131053105910601061106210631064106510661067107311131163 ... LastLast
Results 15,931 to 15,945 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    I have never known much about Captain America as a character except for I saw the first movie which was really good I thought. Second and third movies couldn’t really hold my attention though so I didn’t even really watch them. Which is good because I have heard that they take a lot from Brubakers stories.

I wonder if he gets paid for that... probably should but probably not.
    Each to their own but Winter soldier and Civil war are usually regarded as highlights of the MCU movies (but you might be looking for completely different things in your superhero movies, hence why you didn't care for them, which is fair).
    Not sure how much Brubaker gets but he had a cameo in Winter Soldier as one of the scientists working on WS when he gets "treated".

Amazing Member

I loved all three of the Captain America films, and actually feel they're some of the best of the MCU. The first feels like a Spielberg movie which I loved, while the next two feel more video game influenced, Winter Soldier has sections that remind me of Metal Gear Solid 2 actually.

Happy to say i was able to purchase the UXM & UXF reprints today. Can't wait to get these and get my X-Men omnibus collection started.

According to Diamond, Marvel has gone back to print on some recent, and one not so recent, omnibuses, including:

Astonishing X-Men by Whedon and Cassaday (this is a second printing of the new edition released pre-pandemic)
    Cable & X-Force
    Marvel Universe by John Byrne Vol 1
    X-Men vs Apocalypse: The Twelve

Some stores and online retailers should already have some of these in stock, or at least have copies ordered. And if not, they are available to order if you ask them.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Has anyone gotten their UXM 1 Omni reprint in the mail yet? Anxious about the binding on that one...
    I ordered it on instocktrades, it says they picked and scanned it yesterday but still not shipping. Sucks, because I live literally 20 minutes by them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    According to Diamond, Marvel has gone back to print on some recent, and one not so recent, omnibuses, including:

Astonishing X-Men by Whedon and Cassaday (this is a second printing of the new edition released pre-pandemic)
    Cable & X-Force
    Marvel Universe by John Byrne Vol 1
    X-Men vs Apocalypse: The Twelve

Some stores and online retailers should already have some of these in stock, or at least have copies ordered. And if not, they are available to order if you ask them.
    That's good news, as I've been considering buying The Twelve. I never read that arc before, can anyone recommend it?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I ordered it on instocktrades, it says they picked and scanned it yesterday but still not shipping. Sucks, because I live literally 20 minutes by them lol.
    Same thing at the same time. It took them a while to get it shipped but IST is often like this. The prices, service and way they pack make it worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyaki View Post
    Same thing at the same time. It took them a while to get it shipped but IST is often like this. The prices, service and way they pack make it worth it though.
    100% agree. Some folks bark about them taking so long these days, but we don't know all the factors - perhaps they have let's say 5 workers picking orders, and 3 are out or stayed on unemployment or whatever and now they have 2 vs 5? I'm just making up numbers, but you get the idea. I ordered the Savage Sword of Conan v3 omni and a few trades, that was released like 2+ weeks ago. it just sat there. But honestly, I have so many books to read, I don't need this ASAP. And then 2 days ago I get a fedex email stating they're overnighting it to me (at no cost, as I chose the free option). So it's obvious to me that they felt bad it sat for 2.x weeks and overnighted it to me at extra cost to them. I'm perfectly happy with that. TOW/IST are great, and while these days it might take them 1 week to respond to an email, which is kind of ridiculous, at the end of the day, the answer it, they do what you ask, answer what you ask, and it's all good. I have no issues.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    100% agree. Some folks bark about them taking so long these days, but we don't know all the factors - perhaps they have let's say 5 workers picking orders, and 3 are out or stayed on unemployment or whatever and now they have 2 vs 5? I'm just making up numbers, but you get the idea. I ordered the Savage Sword of Conan v3 omni and a few trades, that was released like 2+ weeks ago. it just sat there. But honestly, I have so many books to read, I don't need this ASAP. And then 2 days ago I get a fedex email stating they're overnighting it to me (at no cost, as I chose the free option). So it's obvious to me that they felt bad it sat for 2.x weeks and overnighted it to me at extra cost to them. I'm perfectly happy with that. TOW/IST are great, and while these days it might take them 1 week to respond to an email, which is kind of ridiculous, at the end of the day, the answer it, they do what you ask, answer what you ask, and it's all good. I have no issues.
    Oh, I wasn't trying to sound like I was really mad. I actually just got a shipping email a few hours ago.

Very true. I've been asking some kind of redundant questions, trying to figure out about how to place orders going forward because it seemed like COVID was really messing things up and there were omnibus selling out of IST in 10 minutes. Emily has been really great about answering these questions even though they have been all pretty similar, just worded differently while I try to figure stuff out. I know that has to be annoying for her.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Each to their own but Winter soldier and Civil war are usually regarded as highlights of the MCU movies (but you might be looking for completely different things in your superhero movies, hence why you didn't care for them, which is fair).
    Not sure how much Brubaker gets but he had a cameo in Winter Soldier as one of the scientists working on WS when he gets "treated".
    Well the first movie I watched on blu ray and the other two I saw when they came on cable television so the viewing experience wasn’t ideal. Willing to watch them again under better conditions.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Well the first movie I watched on blu ray and the other two I saw when they came on cable television so the viewing experience wasn’t ideal. Willing to watch them again under better conditions.
    Not wanting to detail the thread but just wanted to say that CA: Winter Soldier and CA: Civil War were two of my absolute favourite movies in the MCU, both probably making my Top 3. Watching them at the cinema was pretty great.

Btw, good move picking up the last 2 Omnibuses as they will at some point fetch crazy prices if they're not reprinted.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

If anyone cares to take the time - what specifically are the misprints in the Silver Surfer omni? Like, what pages? If someone could post a link that would be awesome

Spectacular Member

Conan by Jason Aaron and Mahmud asrar HC appears in October solicits.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...ions-revealed/

CONAN THE BARBARIAN BY AARON & ASRAR HC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by MAHMUD ASRAR, GERARDO ZAFFINO & GARRY BROWN
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    ON SALE FEBRUARY 2021
    Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN (2019) #1-12
    Last edited by Guthwulf; 07-24-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Mighty Member

From CGN:

Hi!

First, as always, thank you for your business and for your patience and understanding during this trying time for everyone. We are a tiny company (three employees including me, the owner) and your support during this time has kept us afloat while things have been difficult. I wanted to update you on what has been going on and the status of your Special Orders.

While we are supposed to be receiving restock shipments from Diamond every week, we have actually only been receiving them about every two weeks. Unfortunately this has gotten worse in July due to the rising cases of COVID-19 across the country and the last restock shipment we received was back on July 1st. Originally we were told the restock shipment would be here last week, then early this week, and then finally today we found that it is now scheduled to arrive next Tuesday. After speaking to both Diamond and the freight company, I discovered that the cause of this delay was due to two separate COVID-related shutdowns at two different facilities (one at the Diamond warehouse and one at the freight company’s hub closest to Diamond’s warehouse). I have been assured that the shipment is now on track and I have also heard from Diamond that they are working hard to eliminate delays and get us back to a weekly restock shipment.

Because this shipment was delayed, it includes multiple weeks’ worth of orders and will be quite large; even with bringing in extra help, it still may take us a couple days to process before we can start getting orders out. We also have not been given a list of what exactly is going to be in it so I cannot say for certain at this time if any specific order will be filled next week. I can tell you that we are and will continue to do everything we can to get your books to you as quickly as possible.

I want to thank you again for your business and patience during this time and if you have any questions at all, I am happy to answer them and will do my best to get back to you the same day.

Stay safe and stay healthy,

Max
    Blue text denotes sarcasm