Page 107 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 757971031041051061071081091101111171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I wonder if I should get Punisher MAX, I've never read anything of the character.
    You must, you must, you must.

It's one of the best runs in comics history.

Quote Originally Posted by drumguy1975 View Post
    I just called my LCS and he said that he couldn't do anything.
    My LCS is pretty behind the times on offering great service on some of these deals. They may buy a few of the bigger books at the store, but would never dream of bringing in a book at the rates you will see these clearance books on Amazon and Ebay. The store pretends that Amazon does not even exist and rarely sells anything below cover price, when they have a sale it is not even competitive with Amazon prices, much less IST.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny77 View Post
    My LCS is pretty behind the times on offering great service on some of these deals. They may buy a few of the bigger books at the store, but would never dream of bringing in a book at the rates you will see these clearance books on Amazon and Ebay. The store pretends that Amazon does not even exist and rarely sells anything below cover price, when they have a sale it is not even competitive with Amazon prices, much less IST.
    That sounds like most LCSs I've frequented. Therefore, I've stopped frequenting LCSs.

I intended to bank on the omnibus clearance posted a couple pages back by trying to acquire the Infinity Gauntlet omni, but then I realized this is motivated mostly by my intention of owning every big Marvel event in OHC/Omni, since I haven't read it.

Would you recommend it, or are all the included tie-ins distracting/unnecessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    The Aaron/Dillion run was pretty good, but actually a let down after the excellent Ennis run. Get the Aaron book read and enjoy it. Then jump into the Ennis collections and prepare to be blown away.
    Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    You must, you must, you must.

It's one of the best runs in comics history.
    I really enjoyed it but I suggested he start with Ennis first because Aaron's run is technically a continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I intended to bank on the omnibus clearance posted a couple pages back by trying to acquire the Infinity Gauntlet omni, but then I realized this is motivated mostly by my intention of owning every big Marvel event in OHC/Omni, since I haven't read it.

Would you recommend it, or are all the included tie-ins distracting/unnecessary?
    It's really good. Some of the tie-ins absolutely suck and you can skip. You will recognize these three pages into them. Others are very important, like the Silver Surfef issues, and you will be certainly glad they were included.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post

I am, always, in the same situation. Meaning, I read all the stuff I buy for the first time. Everything is a blind buy for me. So far I only read the Silver Surfer issues of Infinity Gauntlet and they were good and entertaining. My only complaint is that the last book before the Thanos mini ones stops in the middle of the story on Droid City and I wondered how the story evolves and how the Silver Surfer manages to get on. Neat trick of Marvel to make us buy the rest also I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    I am, always, in the same situation. Meaning, I read all the stuff I buy for the first time. Everything is a blind buy for me. So far I only read the Silver Surfer issues of Infinity Gauntlet and they were good and entertaining. My only complaint is that the last book before the Thanos mini ones stops in the middle of the story on Droid City and I wondered how the story evolves and how the Silver Surfer manages to get on. Neat trick of Marvel to make us buy the rest also I guess.
    "Dynamo City" is one of the funniest SS storylines, it is a shame they didn't include it in IG Omni. Having it collecting Starlin's complete SS run would be yet another incentive to buy the book. They could've easily skipped some of the crappy tie-ins and complete "Dynamo City" instead, but...

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    It seems painfully obvious that IG is a shoe-in to be the next whitest of whales. Everyone clamored for it before it was released and people not collecting now will drool for it when it's OOP.
    I'd also put it out there that if the Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus is available on the cheap, and you have even a slight interest in the character, don't sleep on it! It's not likely for reprint once it's gone and it's probably my favorite Spidey run of all time! Both Iron Man Omni's are no-brainer-buys IMO as well!

Hmm, I'd be interested in the Thor and maybe Oz. Already have Howard, Michelinie Iron Man, and Stern Spidey.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Hmm, I'd be interested in the Thor and maybe Oz. Already have Howard, Michelinie Iron Man, and Stern Spidey.
    you should definitely get Oz

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    It seems painfully obvious that IG is a shoe-in to be the next whitest of whales. Everyone clamored for it before it was released and people not collecting now will drool for it when it's OOP.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I'd also put it out there that if the Spider-Man by Roger Stern Omnibus is available on the cheap, and you have even a slight interest in the character, don't sleep on it! It's not likely for reprint once it's gone and it's probably my favorite Spidey run of all time! Both Iron Man Omni's are no-brainer-buys IMO as well!
    I second this. Once the Stern Spidey Omnibus goes OOP, prices will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    Absolutely!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    Agreed. Anyone who has kids or thinks they might someday should definitely consider this one. Both my girls love it, and the older one read the spine off it, forcing me to buy another!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I agree.

I second this. Once the Stern Spidey Omnibus goes OOP, prices will skyrocket.

Absolutely!
    Spiderman omni by stern is 50$ on CGN right now. Among other omnis for major discounts. I ordered the SM omnni, great deal.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Spiderman omni by stern is 50$ on CGN right now. Among other omnis for major discounts. I ordered the SM omnni, great deal.
    You got a very nice deal. Some great offers on CGN for Americans.