Page 108 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 858981041051061071081091101111121181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 20771
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You got a very nice deal. Some great offers on CGN for Americans.
    You say it. Unfortunately there are no good deals for people living in Europe =(
    Here you can be happy if you can get a Omniubs with a SRP of 100 $ for 70 Euros.

FYI CGN is having an omnibus sale.

It is the clearance sale but note that some titles prices are better than others.

My guess would be that the titles only 50% off are ones that did not have that many left at Diamond to clear out versus plenty of overstock on the Marvel Now and 75th Anniversary with the 70% off. (Gee not like everyone in here knew that was coming on those two)

Also titles like Alias is priced at $79.99 or Infinity Gauntlet is priced at $99.99 for the regular listing on CGN's website. So once the clearance priced stock of those sell out. Prices will climb fast.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 01-18-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    FYI CGN is having an omnibus sale.

Pretty much looks like the clearance sale.....some titles prices are better than others.

My guess would be titles only 50% off are ones that did not have that many left at Diamond to clear out.
    Is it likely that any of the stuff that Diamond discounted, which it looks like everything in this sale is, is going to trickle out through eBay and Amazon for cheaper or should I just jump on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    Is it likely that any of the stuff that Diamond discounted, which it looks like everything in this sale is, is going to trickle out through eBay and Amazon for cheaper or should I just jump on this?
    id jump on this. check out the prices. Some of the omnis that have a retail of 125 are going for 50$

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    You say it. Unfortunately there are no good deals for people living in Europe =(
    Here you can be happy if you can get a Omniubs with a SRP of 100 $ for 70 Euros.
    I know what you're saying I live in Poland. I was fortunate, however, to pick up on the last major Omnibus clearance sale a couple of years ago as one of the Polish online comic retailers was selling Omnibuses at clearance prices.

If I lived in the States, I would take advantage of the CGN sale.

cheap-comics usually have some on sale.

Incredible Member

I would use CGN's discounts as a guide. I would suspect stuff like the IG Omnibus, etc. that only has a 50% discount means that there were fewer copies to clearance and/or they were clearanced at higher prices than crap like Marvel Now. 50% off might be as good as it gets on those.

Anything with a steeper discount might have a good chance at showing up on other venues like eBay and Amazon Marketplace in greater numbers and at greater discounts, but there's no way to say for certain.

The only thing I've spotted so far is one seller on eBay with the Trial of Cap Omni for $40 shipped, but the listing claims it's a pre-order so that seller is probably waiting for their clearanced copies to come in.

Unfortunately for me and other Californians, between the local sales tax rate and shipping, there isn't much of a deal to be had on CGN for these Omnis compared with what IST has offered in the past.
    Last edited by kodave; 01-18-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Geez, So many great deals going on in the US right now. Even with the Canadian dollar down right now, it might be worth purchasing a few books and driving down to the US to pick them up!

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I would use CGN's discounts as a guide. I would suspect stuff like the IG Omnibus, etc. that only has a 50% discount means that there were fewer copies to clearance and/or they were clearanced at higher prices than crap like Marvel Now. 50% off might be as good as it gets on those.

Anything with a steeper discount might have a good chance at showing up on other venues like eBay and Amazon Marketplace in greater numbers and at lower discounts, but there's no way to say for certain.

The only thing I've spotted so far is one seller on eBay with the Trial of Cap Omni for $40 shipped, but the listing claims it's a pre-order so that seller is probably waiting for their clearanced copies to come in.
    CGN is getting the jump on the clearance sale by being the first one out there with a sale as they mentioned the orders might not ship until the first or second week of February. We might have to wait another week or two to see what other vendors get in and start listing them on Ebay and Amazon's marketplace.

Personally I would wait and see if prices will get cheaper. I could see a few of those $40 titles going for $30 and the $50 titles going for $35 to $40. Work with the seller if you are buying a couple of titles to combine shipping etc...

A good start to say the least on a bunch of those titles.
    Last edited by Omnibus; 01-18-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    cheap-comics usually have some on sale.
    Thank you for your information.

But did you order something from www.cheap-comics.com? Or did anybody else order something from this website?

I'm a little sceptical about this website, because for example they have no "terms of condition" and if you view the page in German language there
    are some mistakes.
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 01-18-2016 at 01:23 PM.

For us Europeans, Cheap-comics is there to save the day. For those wondering, I and many others have spent thousands of euros on this site. Chris is a fantastic owner, packaging is bomb proof and the service is excellent. He just posted this on the site:

OMNIBUS SALE NEWS:
    After 3 years Marvel has done it again. WE GET PLENTY OF ALL 40 TITLES. About 15 we already have in sale, so I won't bother you with them. You can pre-order the books right now or wait for them to appear between now and the next 6 weeks. IF YOU PRE-ORDER YOU ARE ASSURED OF THE LOWEST PRICE. Most books are already OOP, which means retailers can't restock them anymore.
    ALIAS OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG
    CAPTAIN AMERICA TRIAL OF CAPTAIN AMERICA OMNIBUS HC
    DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER OMNIBUS HC SLIPCASE
    DARK TOWER OMNIBUS HC SLIPCASE SET
    DEADPOOL AND CABLE OMNIBUS HC
    DEADPOOL BY JOE KELLY OMNIBUS HC
    FANTASTIC FOUR BY HICKMAN OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    FANTASTIC FOUR OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 NEW PTG
    FANTASTIC FOUR OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 NEW PTG
    GOLDEN AGE CAPTAIN AMERICA OMNI HC VOL 01 WEEKS CVR
    HOWARD DUCK OMNIBUS HC
    INFINITY GAUNTLET OMNIBUS HC PEREZ CVR
    IRON MAN BY KURT BUSIEK AND SEAN CHEN OMNIBUS HC
    IRON MAN BY MICHELINIE LAYTON JRJR OMNIBUS HC VOL 01
    MARVEL 75TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC
    MIGHTY THOR OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    MUPPETS OMNIBUS HC LANGRIDGE CVR
    MUPPETS OMNIBUS HC NOTO DM VAR ED
    NEW WARRIORS OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 BAGLEY DM VAR ED
    NEW WARRIORS OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 YOUNG CVR
    OZ OMNIBUS HC
    PUNISHER MAX BY AARON OMNIBUS HC (MR)
    SPIDER-MAN BY ROGER STERN OMNIBUS HC
    STAND OMNIBUS HC SLIPCASE
    X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS COMPANION HC
    X-MEN BY CLAREMONT AND LEE OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    YOUNG AVENGERS BY GILLEN AND MCKELVIE OMNIBUS HC
    If you pre-order you pay 40 Eurocents per Dollar, which means 40 Euro for the 100 Dollar ones and 50 for the omnibuses retailing at 125 Dollar. If you pre-order more than 5 omnibuses, you get an extar 5% discount, which means 38 or 47,50 Euro per book. We deliver the books between now and the coming 6 weeks. You can mail the titles and I will contact you straight after about delivery.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Thank you for your information.

But did you order something from www.cheap-comics.com? Or did anybody else order something from this website?

I'm a little sceptical, because they have no terms of condition and if you view the page in German language there
    are some mistakes.
    lot of european board members order from them, just got my first package today, placed it on Thursday night so superfast shipping and really good packaging. The site owner Chris is really helpful and nice, the german language mistakes are probably because it's not his first language.
    The only catch is the flat rate shipping, which is 15 euros to the UK (not sure where are you from and how much would it be for you) but it's worth it if you place a big order (and also, it arrived faster and in better condition than most of my domestic orders).

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    For us Europeans, Cheap-comics is there to save the day. For those wondering, I and many others have spent thousands of euros on this site. Chris is a fantastic owner, packaging is bomb proof and the service is excellent. He just posted this on the site:
    Nice!!!

Glad to see some people outside the United States can get in on this.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    lot of european board members order from them, just got my first package today, placed it on Thursday night so superfast shipping and really good packaging. The site owner Chris is really helpful and nice, the german language mistakes are probably because it's not his first language.
    The only catch is the flat rate shipping, which is 15 euros to the UK (not sure where are you from and how much would it be for you) but it's worth it if you place a big order (and also, it arrived faster and in better condition than most of my domestic orders).
    Very nice =)
    So I'm going to mail him which Omnibuses that are on sale, I want to order.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post

OMNIBUS SALE NEWS:
    After 3 years Marvel has done it again. WE GET PLENTY OF ALL 40 TITLES. About 15 we already have in sale, so I won't bother you with them. You can pre-order the books right now or wait for them to appear between now and the next 6 weeks. IF YOU PRE-ORDER YOU ARE ASSURED OF THE LOWEST PRICE. Most books are already OOP, which means retailers can't restock them anymore.
    ALIAS OMNIBUS HC NEW PTG
    CAPTAIN AMERICA TRIAL OF CAPTAIN AMERICA OMNIBUS HC
    DARK TOWER GUNSLINGER OMNIBUS HC SLIPCASE
    DARK TOWER OMNIBUS HC SLIPCASE SET
    DEADPOOL AND CABLE OMNIBUS HC
    DEADPOOL BY JOE KELLY OMNIBUS HC
    FANTASTIC FOUR BY HICKMAN OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    FANTASTIC FOUR OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 NEW PTG
    FANTASTIC FOUR OMNIBUS HC VOL 02 NEW PTG
    GOLDEN AGE CAPTAIN AMERICA OMNI HC VOL 01 WEEKS CVR
    HOWARD DUCK OMNIBUS HC
    INFINITY GAUNTLET OMNIBUS HC PEREZ CVR
    IRON MAN BY KURT BUSIEK AND SEAN CHEN OMNIBUS HC
    IRON MAN BY MICHELINIE LAYTON JRJR OMNIBUS HC VOL 01
    MARVEL 75TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC
    MIGHTY THOR OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    MUPPETS OMNIBUS HC LANGRIDGE CVR
    MUPPETS OMNIBUS HC NOTO DM VAR ED
    NEW WARRIORS OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 BAGLEY DM VAR ED
    NEW WARRIORS OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 YOUNG CVR
    OZ OMNIBUS HC
    PUNISHER MAX BY AARON OMNIBUS HC (MR)
    SPIDER-MAN BY ROGER STERN OMNIBUS HC
    STAND OMNIBUS HC SLIPCASE
    X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS COMPANION HC
    X-MEN BY CLAREMONT AND LEE OMNIBUS HC VOL 02
    YOUNG AVENGERS BY GILLEN AND MCKELVIE OMNIBUS HC
    If you pre-order you pay 40 Eurocents per Dollar, which means 40 Euro for the 100 Dollar ones and 50 for the omnibuses retailing at 125 Dollar. If you pre-order more than 5 omnibuses, you get an extar 5% discount, which means 38 or 47,50 Euro per book. We deliver the books between now and the coming 6 weeks. You can mail the titles and I will contact you straight after about delivery.
    Wow Thanks for that! Mailed him for Punisher Max, Young Avengers and FF by Hickman vol 2
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47