Page 110 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 10601001061071081091101111121131141201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I really enjoyed it but I suggested he start with Ennis first because Aaron's run is technically a continuation.
    I meant Ennis run, haven't read Aaron's omni.

Anyone else surprised that Marvel Firsts 1990's did not make the clearance list?

Guess too early for them to admit defeat on that one?

Is there a difference in build/quality between complete collections and epic collections?

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Nope, not generally speaking. Just big old fat paperbacks. I've not come across one I didn't like the quality of, but the style of paper does vary from book to book.

Spectacular Member

Fellow Marvel Collectors, although I do not contribute often to the marvelous discussions in this thread, I really hope you can help me out with the following questions regarding the flood of Secret Wars Trades already available.

Do we have any hint or idea if the 20 plus Trades will see the beauty of a HC edition during this year? As I am an all X-Family book guy there are at least 10 to 15 trades with the involvement of these characters. I cannot believe that this is the only possibility to gather all the material I want. It will take shelve space and will look kind of strange to me if I get all these books.

I imagined they would print some companion books (maybe like the Civil War OHCs?) but as of now I am getting worried about those. With the main event book scheduled for March I wonder how long could it take for these books?

Also: which one of the mini series was worth the money?

Thank you for some ideas or intel!

Regarding the discussion about cheap-comics.com: do not hesitate! Chris is the perfect guy when it comes to packaging, fast delivery and reliability. I pre-ordered the Busiek Iron Man Omni.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Fellow Marvel Collectors, although I do not contribute often to the marvelous discussions in this thread, I really hope you can help me out with the following questions regarding the flood of Secret Wars Trades already available.

Do we have any hint or idea if the 20 plus Trades will see the beauty of a HC edition during this year? As I am an all X-Family book guy there are at least 10 to 15 trades with the involvement of these characters. I cannot believe that this is the only possibility to gather all the material I want. It will take shelve space and will look kind of strange to me if I get all these books.

I imagined they would print some companion books (maybe like the Civil War OHCs?) but as of now I am getting worried about those. With the main event book scheduled for March I wonder how long could it take for these books?

There is already a Last Days OHC solicited, someone asked a few pages back and the feeling is that there should hopefully be similar Warzones/Battle World releases at some point (I asked the same question a couple weeks ago and never got a response :P)

As for the mini series: Secret Wars 2099 was great. I also really enjoyed Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars (which is actually a tie in with the original 80's series) and I'm currently halfway through Spider-Verse, no complaints so far. I got Ultimate End as floppies (big UU fan) and even though it had some good moments and tied in well enough, overall I wasn't too impressed. ASM: Renew Your Vows was really great. I also have Spider-Island waiting to be read. I only got series that are tied to what I currently read (ASM/USM, Deadpool) but am intrigued by the titles that are based on older events/runs - eg. Armor Wars, Civil War, Siege, etc. if anyone has an opinion on these.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post

Thank you for some ideas or intel!

Regarding the discussion about cheap-comics.com: do not hesitate! Chris is the perfect guy when it comes to packaging, fast delivery and reliability. I pre-ordered the Busiek Iron Man Omni.
    If they are coming the OHC companion route they won't all be solicited at once. It will be staggered. So if last days is theoretically the first of the companions they we could possibly see another solicited in the next catalogue.

The series that I liked were Infinity Gauntlet, Guardians of Knowhere, Old Man Logan, Star-Lord and Kitty Pride, Where Monsters Dwell.
    I found the X-Men ones less interesting but okay. The art is good across the board.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Awesome, thanks!

Also what are some other good spidey books? I'm going to pick up the Amazing spider man omni vol 1 when its reprinted. I have the superior OHCS and going to also get the two newer amazing spiderman OHCS that take place after superior and also gonna pick up the spiderverse HC. What else is good? How are the epics?
    The Best of Spider-Man OHCs vol 1-5. They collect a lot of the run by JMS and they're still pretty inexpensive

Spectacular Member

Awesome, thanks!

Also what are some other good spidey books? I'm going to pick up the Amazing spider man omni vol 1 when its reprinted. I have the superior OHCS and going to also get the two newer amazing spiderman OHCS that take place after superior and also gonna pick up the spiderverse HC. What else is good? How are the epics?
    If you like that Stern era, check out The Complete Alien Costume Saga Vols. 1 & 2 for an Epic-like collection that includes all three Spider titles of the time. Other classics include Kraven's Last Hunt, The Death of Jean Dewolff, and Death of the Stacys. I agree with Ivan P91's response about the Epic Collections released thus far. There is another coming early next month (Return of the Sinister Six) that will collect some great Erik Larsen art from the period following Todd McFarlane's departure.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Awesome, thanks!

In addition to what others have recommended, I would also encourage you to pick up the Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus which can be read in conjunction with the Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 Omnibus. Even though it's OOP, it can still be picked up at a decent price if you look around.

Thanks guys. I plan on picking up pretty much everything you guys reccomended. In fact alot of them I was allready eyeing. As for the untold tales omni, definitely going to get that around the time of the amazing spiderman vol1 omni repint. Hopefully vol 2 will get reprinted as well, otherwise it goes for 200$+ new. Im not really a person who likes to buy used books. Anything else?

I was looking at maximum carnage. I love the super nintendo game based off it, use to play that a lot in my childhood. But from what ive read and heard around here its a horrible story. Is it really as bad as everyone says? Isn't it the first appearance of carnage?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Anyone else surprised that Marvel Firsts 1990's did not make the clearance list?

Guess too early for them to admit defeat on that one?
    I think it already went on clearance on the quiet not so long ago along with the Ultimate Omnibus

Wait what. They recollected the Inferno TBP?

What brought this about?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Wait what. They recollected the Inferno TBP?

What brought this about?
    Apocalypse movie and Apocalypse Wars i reckon.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

The april solicitations are out and these are the (surprisingly few) HCs:

DOCTOR STRANGE VOL. 1: THE WAY OF THE WEIRD PREMIERE HC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by CHRIS BACHALO
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    Only Doctor Strange can protect our world from the darkness beyond -- now, witness the full toll that constant struggle takes on Earth's Sorcerer Supreme! Every spell cast comes at a cost, but what happens when Strange falls behind on his tab? Find out as the good doctor wakes up somewhere very odd, nearly naked -- with no spell books, no weapons and no memory of how he got there...or why all the monsters are chasing him! And as a new visitor to Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum learns one wrong door can lead to oblivion, a magic circle of Strange's friends and allies are about to face their greatest threat. Dark forces are destroying everything mystical in the multiverse, and their sights are set on this dimension. Magic's days are numbered, and Doctor Strange is not ready! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (2015) #1-5.
    136 PGS./Rated T+ ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9516-0
    Trim size: standard

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INCREDIBLE HULK VOL. 10 HC
    Written by LEN WEIN with ROY THOMAS,
    GERRY CONWAY, STEVE ENGLEHART & TONY ISABELLA
    Penciled by HERB TRIMPE
    Cover by HERB TRIMPE
    The Hulk is out for revenge! And he'll have plenty of heavy hitters to unleash his anger on in the latest Marvel Masterworks! The Abomination, Juggernaut and Rhino are just the first in a murderer's row of earthshaking enemies before the ever-Incredible Hulk. Then, a battle with the Cobalt Man will send Hulk raging to Attilan, home of the Inhumans! To save their hidden city, they launch Hulk into deep space -- but a mean green course correction lands Hulk on Counter-Earth! There, he and Adam Warlock must save the other Earth before an express rocket home lands the Hulk in the Canadian wild, where he'll battle the Wendigo -- and in one of the most important stories in Marvel history, face off against Wolverine in the X-Man-to-be's first appearance! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #171-183.
    272 PGS./Rated T ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9596-2
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: THE INCREDIBLE HULK VOL. 10 HC -- VARIANT EDITION VOL. 235 (DM ONLY)
    272 PGS./Rated T ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9597-9

MARVEL'S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR -- THE ART OF THE MOVIE SLIPCASE HC
    Written by JACOB JOHNSTON
    Picking up where MARVEL'S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER and MARVEL'S AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON left off, MARVEL'S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR sees Steve Rogers leading the new Avengers. But after another destructive international incident involving the team, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability: A governing body will now determine when to enlist the team's services. This new law fractures the Avengers. Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. return as Captain America and Iron Man, two heroes with the same goal -- to protect the world -- but with very different methods. Now, go behind the scenes in this collectible volume! Filled with concept art, production stills and commentary from cast and crew -- including directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and producer Kevin Feige -- this collection is a prize for any fan!
    240 PGS./All Ages ...$50.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9818-5
    Trim size: landscape

THE MIGHTY THOR VOL. 1: THUNDER IN HER VEINS PREMIERE HC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
    When Dr. Jane Foster lifts the mystic hammer Mjolnir, she is transformed into the Goddess of Thunder, the Mighty Thor! Her enemies are many as Asgard descends further into chaos, and unrest threatens to spread throughout the Ten Realms. Yet she wages her greatest battle against a far more personal foe: the cancer killing her mortal form. When Loki steps back into Thor's life, will it ease her troubles or only add to her pain? There's no such question about Malekith as he continues to fan the flames of a looming War of Realms -- when he isn't wedding planning, that is! And as Asgard is torn apart, the skies will shake in one of the bloodiest battles of all time: It's Thor vs. Odin like never before! Collecting MIGHTY THOR (2015) #1-5.
    136 PGS./Rated T+ ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9522-1
    Trim size: standard

SPIDER-MAN BY TODD MCFARLANE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by TODD MCFARLANE, ROB LIEFELD & FABIAN NICIEZA
    Penciled by TODD MCFARLANE & ROB LIEFELD
    Cover by TODD MCFARLANE
    Todd McFarlane became a superstar illustrating AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, but he changed the industry forever with his next project: the "adjectiveless" SPIDER-MAN! Taking on both writing and art duties, McFarlane ushered Peter Parker into a gritty new era -- and it began with "Torment"! When the Big Apple's streets run red with blood, the web-slinger heads into the sewers to stop the Lizard's homicidal rampage. But what is driving his old friend and foe? Plus: Ghost Rider lends a bony hand when the deranged Hobgoblin returns, the wall-crawler finds himself at the center of a clash of claws between Wolverine and Wendigo, and Pete goes back in black to face Morbius the Living Vampire! And in the ultimate nineties team-up, Spidey joins X-Force to battle the unstoppable Juggernaut! Collecting SPIDER-MAN (1990) #1-14 and #16, and X-FORCE (1991) #4.
    440 PGS./Rated T ...$75
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90073-1
    Trim size: oversized

STAR WARS: EPISODE I -- THE PHANTOM MENACE HC
    Written by HENRY GILROY
    Penciled by RODOLFO DAMAGGIO
    Cover by MIKE MAYHEW
    The official comic-book adaptation of the first chapter in the epic saga of STAR WARS! Years before Luke Skywalker would clash with Darth Vader, turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. But when a pair of Jedi Knights -- Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi -- are dispatched to end the trade conflict that has gripped the galaxy, they make a surprising discovery: the "chosen one" destined to bring balance to the Force -- a young boy named Anakin Skywalker! But this new hope may not last long when an ancient enemy returns to threaten the Jedi after centuries in hiding. As the Sith rise again, the small planet of Naboo finds itself in the middle of a power struggle for the ages. Can Queen Padmé Amidala save her people from invasion? Collecting STAR WARS: EPISODE I -- THE PHANTOM MENACE #1-4.
    120 PGS./Rated T ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90074-8
    Trim size: oversized