Another Marvel omnibus announced for August 2021 from Near Mint Condition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqhi8QaEr_0

This is... an unusual collection. Details to come in 24 hours/

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Very strange. I really can't see this one selling at all.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Pass. Like Ollies Discount store pass.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

No danger of this going OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Pass. Like Ollies Discount store pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    No danger of this going OOP.
    There's no need to be so disrespectful of such an august collection.

Astonishing Member

In August 2021, Marvel is celebrating the 60th anniversary of the first issue of Fantastic Four by releasing the omnibus "Marvel: August 1961" collecting every issue that came out from Marvel in August 1961.

Contents include:
    Fantastic Four #1
    Journey Into Mystery #73-74
    Amazing Adventures #6
    Strange Tales #90
    Tales of Suspense #23
    Tales to Astonish #25
    Amazing Adult Fantasy #7
    Kathy #13
    Life with Millie #13
    Patsy Walker #97
    Linda Carter, Student Nurse #2
    Millie the Model #105
    Patsy & Hedy #79
    Love Romance #96
    Teen Romance #84
    Kid Colt, Outlaw #101
    Gunsmoke Western #67
    Rawhide Kid #25

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's no need to be so disrespectful of such an august collection.
    Amazing

This is a great idea. I have no idea how it will sell but this will remind people that there's more to comics and Stan Lee than super-heroes.

Incredible Member

I always thought this would be a cool way to collect the Marvel Age. It would allow you to experience the creation of one of, if not the biggest fictional universes ever as it happened. I am curious to see if this will be a one off or a new line of Omnibuses. If it is ongoing I would be tempted to jump in and replace SA Volumes. They would need to up the time frame covered though I don’t think I would jump if it stays month for month. Also I would rather see more focused on just the super heroes as I don’t really have any interest in any of the other genres.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Cant believe Power Pack and Cloak and Dagger get omnis over Stern Avengers, Cap by Gruenwald/neary or Dematties/zeck, Iron man by micheline/layton 2 and Amazing Spiderman 253-289.

I mean those two series should have complete collection tpbs if previous paperback colllections are OOP but to have those two series make the grand jump to omnis is WTF
    Agreed...makes no sense.

I'm just glad that with these Omnibus announcements, not many of the recent ones have been ones I'm planning on picking up. Although, that can't be said with the current solicitations where I will be planning on picking up 5! Omnibuses. Talking of the current solicitations.....

PREDATOR: THE ORIGINAL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    Written by MARK VERHEIDEN, FRANZ HENKEL, JOHN ARCUDI, DAN BARRY, EVAN DORKIN, JERRY PROSSER, BRIAN McDONALD, JASON R. LAMB, SCOTT TOLSON, NEAL BARRETT JR., CHUCK DIXON, CHARLES MOORE, TERRY LABAN & MORE
    Penciled by CHRIS WARNER, RON RANDALL, DAN BARRY, MARK BRIGHT, EVAN DORKIN, DEREK THOMPSON, JIM SOMERVILLE, MITCH BYRD, BRIAN O’CONNELL, ROGER PETERSEN, LEO DURANONA, QUIQUE ALCATENA, DOUG ALEXANDER GREGORY, HOWARD COBB & MORE
    Covers by IBAN COELLO & CHRIS WARNER
    The hunt begins! As the Predators make their Marvel debut, experience their original comics legacy! Nowhere is safe when the remorseless alien killers stalk the concrete jungle of New York City, leave a trail of death across the American Southwest and ignite the Cold War by landing in Siberia! And did Predators come to Earth during Vietnam and World War I? The hunters make a new enemy in Dutch’s brother, Detective John Schaefer; and it’s Predator vs. psychotic Predator in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey! And in 1950s Hollywood, only a child with special glasses can see the monster in the midst of Tinseltown! It’s total carnage, Predator-style! Collecting PREDATOR (1989) #1-4, PREDATOR 2 #1-2, PREDATOR: BIG GAME #1-4, PREDATOR: COLD WAR #1-4, PREDATOR: THE BLOODY SANDS OF TIME #1-2, PREDATOR: BAD BLOOD #1-4, PREDATOR: INVADERS FROM THE FOURTH DIMENSION, PREDATOR: DARK RIVER #1-4, PREDATOR: STRANGE ROUX and PREDATOR: KINDRED #1-4 — and material from DARK HORSE PRESENTS (1986) #46 and #119; DARK HORSE COMICS #1-2, #4-7, #10-14, #16-18 and #20-21; and A DECADE OF DARK HORSE #1.
    1008 PGS./Parental Advisory …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92896-4
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

CAPTAIN AMERICA BY RICK REMENDER OMNIBUS
    Written by RICK REMENDER & DENNIS HOPELESS
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR., CARLOS PACHECO, NIC KLEIN, PASCAL ALIXE, PAUL RENAUD, STUART IMMONEN, ROLAND BOSCHI & SZYMON KUDRANSKI
    Covers by JOHN ROMITA JR. & STUART IMMONEN
    Rick Remender’s shocking CAPTAIN AMERICA saga! Thanks to Arnim Zola, Cap is trapped in the nightmarish Dimension Z! With no country and no allies, what’s left for Steve Rogers to fight for? Then, Cap faces the fury of Nuke and the machinations of the Iron Nail! But when Steve loses his powers, it’s time to pass the shield — and the Falcon becomes the all-new Captain America! With a new Nomad by his side, Sam Wilson has his hands full with Hydra and the deadliest enemies in Steve’s rogues’ gallery! Plus: The Scarecrow brings the fear! The Winter Soldier goes on a thrilling Cold War mission! And on Battleworld, will Nomad hail Hydra? Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA (2012) #1-25, WINTER SOLDIER: THE BITTER MARCH #1-5, ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA: FEAR HIM #1-4, ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #1-6 and HAIL HYDRA #1-4.
    1080 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93046-2

Since I recently started preordering from a Polish online comics retailer, I've always opted for the DM covers. With this one, I will make the exception as the standard JRJR is IMHO clearly the far superior cover as it not only is excellent but best portrays the run itself (JRJR drew the first 10 issues) and also I never could get used to Sam Wilson being Cap.

CAPTAIN AMERICA BY DAN JURGENS OMNIBUS
    Written by DAN JURGENS & MORE
    Penciled by ANDY KUBERT, BRENT ANDERSON, JERRY ORDWAY, DAN JURGENS, DAVE ROSS, JUAN BOBILLO, GREG SCOTT & MORE
    Covers by DAN JURGENS & GENE HA
    Comic book titan Dan Jurgens’ complete CAPTAIN AMERICA run! In action-packed adventures, Cap must somehow stop the war efforts of the Hate-Monger, a villain with ties to Hitler himself — and save Ka-Zar from the monstrous murderer Count Nefaria! But when Steve Rogers comes face-to-face with Protocide, he learns that everything he knew about his origin is wrong! And what happens when Steve’s girlfriend, Connie Ferrari, gets caught in an A.I.M. plot? Then, the entire free world is at stake when the nefarious Red Skull hijacks the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier and threatens nuclear annihilation. The only one that can stop this diabolical plan is the Sentinel of Liberty. There’s just one problem: Captain America is…dead?! Featuring Nick Fury, U.S.Agent, the Fantastic Four and the Howling Commandos! Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA (1998) #25-50 and CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL 2000-2001; and material from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE LEGEND.
    776 PGS./ Rated T …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93040-0

I'm glad this is retailed at $100. It was at $125 when Omar initially announced it.

CAPTAIN AMERICA OMNIBUS VOL. 3
    Written by STEVE ENGLEHART with GERRY CONWAY, STEVE GERBER, ROY THOMAS, TONY ISABELLA, MIKE FRIEDRICH, JOHN WARNER, BILL MANTLO & MARV WOLFMAN
    Penciled by SAL BUSCEMA & FRANK ROBBINS with JOHN ROMITA SR., ALAN WEISS & HERB TRIMPE
    Covers by Iban Coello & SAL BUSCEMA
    The early ’70s were interesting times for America — and adventurous ones for Captain America! Featuring more than 40 issues of Cap action, this oversized omnibus collects writer Steve Englehart and artist Sal Buscema’s iconic run on the Star-Spangled Avenger! Cap battles enemies — and allies — including Doctor Faustus, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Captain America and Bucky of the 1950s. And that’s just the beginning! The Falcon co-stars throughout, and only the combined efforts of Cap, the Falcon, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the X-Men can hope to topple the Secret Empire! Prepare to relive a shocking saga that defined Captain America for a generation. But what happens when Cap quits — and becomes the Nomad?! Each issue has been beautifully restored, including the original letters pages! Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #149-192.
    976 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93042-4