I'd be into these Cates omnibus books if they were more reasonably priced. What's with the Cates tax all of a sudden on these books? They're also a bit of a hodge podge

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Garuda on the Masterworks Forum posted the following:

A few odds & ends from Omar's live chat today - N.B. not official but they did come via David Gabriel:

- Captain Britain Omnibus reprint is 'in the works'
    - No plans for an X-Treme X-Men Omnibus
    - A Death of Captain Marvel (?) announcement is coming
    - There will be Spectacular Spider-Man and Web of Spider-Man Epic Collections at some point

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

AND also this:

One addition - the Captain America by Dan Jurgens Omnibus has been updated to include the two missing issues.

Bear in mind that these aren't official announcements - somebody asked David about possible Spec & Web Epics and he replied to that comment so it doesn't necessarily have any bearing on any potential MTU Epics. The live chat goes very fast so he doesn't have time to answer in detail.

Oh, several people also asked David about international shipping shortages e.g. Incredible Hulk by PAD Vol. 2 and he said a) always pre-order and b) he has a meeting with international distributors next week and will bring it up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Garuda on the Masterworks Forum posted the following:

- There will be Spectacular Spider-Man and Web of Spider-Man Epic Collections at some point[/I]
    Oh man, that is excellent news! I've been waiting for some Web of... Alex Saviuk action!

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

This is old news to most of you at this point, but what did you guys do that bought the 1st reprinting (with the printing errors in it) of the Stan Lee Silver Surfer omnibus? I have that one and I think they did a corrected printing later that is now also out of print?

Amazing Member

It depends where you live I see it on booksetc and on bookdepository but I don't know wchich copy is it. Corrected copu is made in Turkey printer and has thinner more transparent paper than that one witch errors form R.R. Donnelley.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    This is old news to most of you at this point, but what did you guys do that bought the 1st reprinting (with the printing errors in it) of the Stan Lee Silver Surfer omnibus? I have that one and I think they did a corrected printing later that is now also out of print?
    I bought it from IST. I respectfully asked for a refund due to the issues. I had not opened the transparent wrapping around the book yet. They graciously accepted the return for a full refund. As a gesture of good will, I offered to take store credit of equal value instead of a full refund. They accepted again and gave me the full credit. I have not rebought the newest version of the book. I spent my credit on other books. I’ll wait for the eventual Epic Edition instead.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member

The uncanny Omar announced a new reprint and a new omnibus, apart from the Captain Britain already announced. Also marauders and Excalibur from dawn of X are getting OHCs

The video was just uploaded, so I will not mention the new announcements yet as I think he does a good job, even if the video is way too long. If no-one else mentions them I will post them later.

Well, bleeding cool already wrote the news
    https://bleedingcool.com/
    Last edited by Guthwulf; 01-04-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Tough question to ask, but, does anyone know when I can roughly expect the Immortal Hulk omnibus to drop? I know it hasn't finished and is not close but I am debating buying the shorter omnibuses or waiting for a sole one in the future.

I hope Marvel announces ASM Epic Collection volume 6 soon. I haven't found any info about it, but I expected to complete Stan Lee's time as the regular writer of the series this year
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    The uncanny Omar announced a new reprint and a new omnibus, apart from the Captain Britain already announced. Also marauders and Excalibur from dawn of X are getting OHCs

The video was just uploaded, so I will not mention the new announcements yet as I think he does a good job, even if the video is way too long. If no-one else mentions them I will post them later.

Well, bleeding cool already wrote the news
    https://bleedingcool.com/
    Excellent news!

Extraordinary Member

Cosmic Ghost Rider omnibus?! No, Marvel! Not this year

Spectacular Member

The announced omnibuses were
    - Daredevil by Charles soule
    - Spider-Man by McFarlane reprint

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Tough question to ask, but, does anyone know when I can roughly expect the Immortal Hulk omnibus to drop? I know it hasn't finished and is not close but I am debating buying the shorter omnibuses or waiting for a sole one in the future.
    Usually omnibuses take a while. People are still waiting for Thor by Aaron omnibus after many years. I was waiting for captain America by remender and the moment I decided to buy it in Spanish it got announced. It's very complicated

In my case I really like OHCs, so I'm buying them, but usually Marvel keeps some things for the omnibus, like with Thor by Aaron. I'm sure the future omnibuses will include unworthy Thor, Thors, original sin and king Thor, that were not included in the OHCs. Immortal hulk also has some single issues that could be ignored by the OHCs

Incredible Member

A few days ago I decided I am gonna try and get a copy of the Jim Lee X-men Omni that's supposed to come this week. But it's not even listed over at IST anymore. . Anyone knows whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    The announced omnibuses were
    - Daredevil by Charles soule
    Finally!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"