Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    A few days ago I decided I am gonna try and get a copy of the Jim Lee X-men Omni that's supposed to come this week. But it's not even listed over at IST anymore. . Anyone knows whats up with that?
    Sometimes when a book is delayed by a week or so, the listing will disappear from IST's website. However, it should be back up at 3PM EST when today's books go live.

This happened recently with the New Mutants omnibus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Sometimes when a book is delayed by a week or so, the listing will disappear from IST's website. However, it should be back up at 3PM EST when today's books go live.

This happened recently with the New Mutants omnibus.
    I see. Thanks!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Excellent news!
    Out of interest, which part is excellent for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    The announced omnibuses were
    - Daredevil by Charles soule
    - Spider-Man by McFarlane reprint

Usually omnibuses take a while. People are still waiting for Thor by Aaron omnibus after many years. I was waiting for captain America by remender and the moment I decided to buy it in Spanish it got announced. It's very complicated
    OHCs
    Good to see a fellow Remender Cap fan.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Finally!
    Absolutely re: Soule Daredevil Omnibus.

One thing has me worried regarding the Daredevil by Charles Soule Omnibus which Omar announced. The spreadsheet in which it was shown had it listed as one Omnibus at $100.

Why am I worried? If it's the complete Charles Soule Daredevil, there should be at least 55 issues which would mean a thick $125 Omnibus or two volumes.

This was one of my most wanted Omnibuses on the annual Secret Omnibus Ballot and this is how I mapped it out:

DAREDEVIL BY CHARLES SOULE Vol. 1 OMNIBUS

Pencilled by Ron Garney, Szymon Kudrański, Goran Sudžuka & Alec Morgan
    Collecting: Daredevil Vol. 5 #1-25, Annual #1, Deadpool #13, Daredevil/Punisher: Seventh Circle #1-4 and material from All-New All-Different Marvel Point One #1 ("Blind spot").

DAREDEVIL BY CHARLES SOULE Vol. 2 OMNIBUS
    Pencilled by Ron Garney, Stefano Landini, Mike Henderson, Matteo Buffagni & Phil Noto
    Collecting: Daredevil Vol. 5 #26-28, #595-612, Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost #1-4, Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends and material from Hunt for Wolverine #1,Man Without Fear (by Jed MacKay) #1-5.

Granted, the Man Without Fear mini-series is by Jed MacKay but it would be orphaned if not included and is necessary as a bridge to the Chip Zdarsky run. Even without those 5 issues, we still have 57 or so issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Out of interest, which part is excellent for you?
    The Soule Daredevil Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    One thing has me worried regarding the Daredevil by Charles Soule Omnibus which Omar announced. The spreadsheet in which it was shown had it listed as one Omnibus at $100.

Why am I worried? If it's the complete Charles Soule Daredevil, there should be at least 55 issues which would mean a thick $125 Omnibus or two volumes.

This was one of my most wanted Omnibuses on the annual Secret Omnibus Ballot and this is how I mapped it out:

DAREDEVIL BY CHARLES SOULE Vol. 1 OMNIBUS

Pencilled by Ron Garney, Szymon Kudrański, Goran Sudžuka & Alec Morgan
    Collecting: Daredevil Vol. 5 #1-25, Annual #1, Deadpool #13, Daredevil/Punisher: Seventh Circle #1-4 and material from All-New All-Different Marvel Point One #1 ("Blind spot").

DAREDEVIL BY CHARLES SOULE Vol. 2 OMNIBUS
    Pencilled by Ron Garney, Stefano Landini, Mike Henderson, Matteo Buffagni & Phil Noto
    Collecting: Daredevil Vol. 5 #26-28, #595-612, Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost #1-4, Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends and material from Hunt for Wolverine #1,Man Without Fear (by Jed MacKay) #1-5.

Granted, the Man Without Fear mini-series is by Jed MacKay but it would be orphaned if not included and is necessary as a bridge to the Chip Zdarsky run. Even without those 5 issues, we still have 57 or so issues.
    If they can do it all in one Omnibus, I'd rather see that. They never did OHCs for this run, which must say something about sales. While I'm sure Marvel would commit to both volumes should they split it up, you would think sales data might point to making it a one-and-done.

The Soule Daredevil Omnibus..
    Good man!

If they can do it all in one Omnibus, I'd rather see that. They never did OHCs for this run, which must say something about sales. While I'm sure Marvel would commit to both volumes should they split it up, you would think sales data might point to making it a one-and-done.
    I'm not against one Omnibus a la War of the Realms Omnibus, although on the other hand it could make it quite unwieldy. I'm more concerned that they will omit the mini-series written by Soule - Daredevil/Punisher and the Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost which was basically a Daredevil vehicle in which he recruits a team to hunt down Logan.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 01-05-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I skipped out on the Wolverine stuff, and didn't feel like it effected my overall enjoyment of Soule's run. I found the issues in a bargain bin recently, and still feel like I didn't miss much.

I'm typically a completist, but I'd be ok if they omitted all the Wolverine stuff (and the Punisher mini for that matter) if it meant getting everything else in one (still unwieldy) volume. *shrug*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Doesn't look like GotG by Cates dropped today afterall.
    Did not see on IST.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Did not see on IST.
    You don’t know that for sure even... The books all went up piecemeal today... kind of done with sloppy IST... already shifted to DCBS... can’t wait to not use IST anymore...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Did not see on IST.
    CGN listed it
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    You don’t know that for sure even... The books all went up piecemeal today... kind of done with sloppy IST... already shifted to DCBS... can’t wait to not use IST anymore...
    They're the same company. The benefit of using DCBS, however, is you're guaranteed your copy of whatever book you want since it's been pre-ordered. IST requires us to hover like vultures over our computers every Tuesday hoping a new release is actually available and/or not sold out within 5 mins .
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

IST is also weird with their item listings in terms of "coming soon" versus when the books are actually in stock. For example, you can see the duplicate listings for the Moon Knight Omnibuses. If you were sitting there refreshing on the MK "coming soon" listing, you would miss they created a new listing once they put it on sale today.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I skipped out on the Wolverine stuff, and didn't feel like it effected my overall enjoyment of Soule's run. I found the issues in a bargain bin recently, and still feel like I didn't miss much.

I'm typically a completist, but I'd be ok if they omitted all the Wolverine stuff (and the Punisher mini for that matter) if it meant getting everything else in one (still unwieldy) volume. *shrug*
    Yeah, I get what you're saying as the DD/Punisher was nothing to write home about but the the Wolverine mini was pretty good and could have easily been an arc in the Daredevil run. I'm a Daredevil Collections completist so I'm really hoping they include everything.

I am, however, over the moon that this Omnibus is happening. I didn't think I'd see it in my Omnibus collecting lifetime. Now if only we could see an Omnibus of the Denny O'Neill/between the 2 Frank Miller DD runs era.

Did UXM omni #3 get released today? I had the Claremont/Lee one preordered but not Uncanny, don't see it on IST.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Did UXM omni #3 get released today? I had the Claremont/Lee one preordered but not Uncanny, don't see it on IST.
    Was limit 1 per customer and gone in a flash of light...