Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Was limit 1 per customer and gone in a flash of light...
    Hmm thank you. Sold mine a year or two back, so it wasn't a priority to rebuy. Maybe it should've been lol.

Incredible Member

Is it accurate that the two Claremont/Lee omnis leave some issues orphaned inbetween the two collections? Like I think v1 ends with UXM 269 and v2 picks up at 273?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Is it accurate that the two Claremont/Lee omnis leave some issues orphaned inbetween the two collections? Like I think v1 ends with UXM 269 and v2 picks up at 273?
    Those 3 issues were collected in the x-tinction agenda crossover. I think the OHC is hard to find now, and the only time they’ve been in HC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Those 3 issues were collected in the x-tinction agenda crossover. I think the OHC is hard to find now, and the only time they’ve been in HC.
    But... Both volumes are collecting a bunch of non-Lee issues, they couldn't make room for these three?? The hell??

So I was all set to order the New Mutants and Excalibur Omnibus today, and they're already out of stock at both IST and CGN. I know past omnibuses have occasionally had a short shelf life, like Uncanny X-Force's first printing, but never a month or less. Is this a recurring stock shortage issue due to the pandemic and I just need to be patient, or are they really OOP this quickly? Amazon still has them but they're almost full retail plus I don't trust their packaging with collectible books.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

But... Both volumes are collecting a bunch of non-Lee issues, they couldn't make room for these three?? The hell??
    The one time they worried about double-dipping... :-/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Aliens omnibus volume 2 is scheduled to come out August 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otx88RhuLqg from Near Mint Condition

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My second daughter will be entering daycare.....my omni funds are being forced to take a hit.
    I'll soon be passing on books I want for the first time since, well, I started collecting them back in '08.

Daycare will bleed you dry single 20-something folk. I love them both just enjoy these days of carefree buying.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I just snagged UXM vol.3 omni off IST if anyone else is looking for it too. Hefty chunk of change but I know my omni-addicted self would hate me later if I missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My second daughter will be entering daycare.....my omni funds are being forced to take a hit.
    I'll soon be passing on books I want for the first time since, well, I started collecting them back in '08.

Daycare will bleed you dry single 20-something folk. I love them both just enjoy these days of carefree buying.
    I'm much older now with teenagers, but I remember when I had an infant and toddler in daycare, that bill was more per month than our mortgage. They charge so much because they can, because they know your desperate and don't have friends/family to watch your kids, cuz if you did, you'd do that and save $1000+++ every month. Kids are a joy, but they suck the $ dry, that's for sure.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I'm much older now with teenagers, but I remember when I had an infant and toddler in daycare, that bill was more per month than our mortgage. They charge so much because they can, because they know your desperate and don't have friends/family to watch your kids, cuz if you did, you'd do that and save $1000+++ every month. Kids are a joy, but they suck the $ dry, that's for sure.
    Really? Over here they have a maximum amount that they can charge for that stuff, and that's still only like 5 percent of my total salary.
    That sounds crazy.

Astonishing Member

The problem is that those three issues are chapters 1, 4, and 7 out of a nine chapter story spread over multiple titles. So the option are:

1, Include on non consecutive chapters of a story with only a text page explaining what's missing
    2. Include all 9 issues of a story that is already collected, causing everyone who already has that collection to double dip and increasing the price of the collection
    3. Omit the issues, keep the storyline in print on OHC or other format

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    So I was all set to order the New Mutants and Excalibur Omnibus today, and they're already out of stock at both IST and CGN. I know past omnibuses have occasionally had a short shelf life, like Uncanny X-Force's first printing, but never a month or less. Is this a recurring stock shortage issue due to the pandemic and I just need to be patient, or are they really OOP this quickly? Amazon still has them but they're almost full retail plus I don't trust their packaging with collectible books.
    This last year (even just a bit before covid, so I don't think that's the reason), seems like print-runs for Omnis and over-sized hardcovers have been drastically reduced compared to previous years. Either that, or more people are just buying them these days compared to a few years ago when books wouldn't sell out so quick.

Amazing Member

They sell more of these books than ever before.

Then why not increase print runs accordingly? They have bean-counters who know how much will sell, and if a book sells out within a month, they meant it could've sold even more. After all, it's a business, and don't they want more money?