Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Looks like the X Of Swords hardcover is delayed. Wasn't on IST today, and Amazon has it listed as "temporarily out of stock".
    Amazon changed the release date to July on my pre-order. It's still on Diamond's tentative list for next week, so it's all sorts of weird right now
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Maybe they're adding additional material? I can't imagine what though.

I'm sure they'll find something to raise the price by $25 ...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Maybe they're adding additional material? I can't imagine what though.

I'm sure they'll find something to raise the price by $25 ...
    That's why I locked in an Amazon pre-order when Marvel thought it'd only be 15 issues instead of 22!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    But forbidden planet sends from UK, right? As I understand most uk-based stores stopped sending to the rest of Europe, but I haven't checked this one. Also usually the prices of forbidden planet were much higher that on Amazon, at least 20% higher. Last year I bought two omnibi from FP in order to get the direct market cover, and the prices were around 20 € higher without the shipping charges, that were also very high

In my case I'm still buying on Amazon, but since December I'm having problems with Amazon Germany (that was the cheapest but now they don't send to Spain) and France (that didn't send the she hulk by slott omnibus and looks like they're not going to do it). The biggest success I've had is with Amazon.com, but it takes really long for products to arrive

About hit and miss with Amazon, this is the first time they are failing me in many years that I've been buying my collected editions from them, and I guess it's because of covid. I've bought hundreds of volumes in the last years from them
    There a few options to pre-order from EU-Shops:

archonia.com from belgium
    cheap-comics.com from the netherlands (don't know if they do pre-orders, but you can buy on release day or shortly after)
    waltscomicshop.com from germany (told me in a facebook-chat, that they will soon offer non-dm-variants for pre-order for 70-75 eurocents/dollar, now they are around 80-85)

I will never buy from Amazon again. Was very tempted by some cheap offers on Amazon.es, but it was just a pain because of damages and returns and hassle... no, thank you.

Or just ask your local comic store if he can make you a deal for pre-ordering more expensive Omnis.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    New Mutants and Silver Surfer omnibus are both back up on CGN
    Do we know that the "bad batch" of Silver Surfer Omnis is finished (the ones with the misprints)? The did the reprint and kept the same ISBN, that's why I was afraid of ordering it.

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    Do we know that the "bad batch" of Silver Surfer Omnis is finished (the ones with the misprints)? The did the reprint and kept the same ISBN, that's why I was afraid of ordering it.
    I’m waiting for the inevitable Epic Collection instead now.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    I don't know but I think CGN is usually good at getting back to people when they have questions, might be worth a try. I'm thinking I may and see if IST will still give me a refund, mine has been sealed while I decided what to do about it.

I had to approve the XOS HC delay on Amazon. Says the release date is March 23rd now. Price is still $54 for me. I’d love it if they added the XOS handbook to the HC...

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I had to approve the XOS HC delay on Amazon. Says the release date is March 23rd now. Price is still $54 for me. I’d love it if they added the XOS handbook to the HC...
    I wonder if the FCBD issue will be included with the alternative dialogue

Mighty Member

Raffi, I bought Love's Labor Lost today on a whim, so good chance O'Neil's run on DD gets collected by Christmas

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Raffi, I bought Love's Labor Lost today on a whim, so good chance O'Neil's run on DD gets collected by Christmas
    You're a star Bob! I look forward to seeing Denny O'Neill's run in an Epic Collection or better still Omnibus in upcoming Marvel solicitations

Incredible Member

Omar announced an X-Men Inferno Prologue Omnibus yesterday (just in case anyone missed it). Comes in September.

Contents seems to be the same (at least he did not mention any differences) and there will be 2 covers.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Contents being the same I'm not upgrading just for the word Omnibus on the spine.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Contents being the same I'm not upgrading just for the word Omnibus on the spine.
    But don't you want thinner paper and a $25 upcharge??
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

And worse binding.