Page 113 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 13631031091101111121131141151161171231632136131113 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 20773
    Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Cheers MV I'll give it a miss then. As much as I like nice art the writing really needs to shine.
    There's another Omnibus that collects McFarlane's run as artist on the main Amazing Spider-Man series that has very good writing from David Michelinie, but it's hard to find now. Great book though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man, of which there are 2 Ultimate Collections to collect the whole thing.
    Small correction, 3 volumes. 1 and 2 is the original Miles Morales series (Ultimate Comics Spider-Man), and Vol 3 is the 12 issues of his second series (Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man).

Anyone who ordered omnis from CGN on the marvel omni sale have their books shipped yet? Specifically the spiderman by stern omni? I know it said some of the books wont ship until february. Pretty sure the stern omni is going to be one of them since they have out of stock of it for atleast 6 months but they had the variant.

And how is the Miles ultimate spider man stuff? Is it just as good as parker in ultimate or better/worse?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    SPIDER-MAN BY TODD MCFARLANE OMNIBUS HC Cover:

Collecting SPIDER-MAN (1990) #1-14 and #16, and X-FORCE (1991) #4.
    At 16 issues is this the second thinnest book to get the Omni tag after Devil Dinosaur at 9 issues?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I thought that there would be OSHCs of Brand New Day because at the time Marvel was releasing consecutive Amazing Spider-man OSHCs starting with the beginning of JMS' run up until One More Day (JMS' last ASM story) which was not collected in an oversized edition. However, Marvel only released a couple of OSHCs (Spider-Island and Ends of the Earth) from the Big Time era up until Superior Spider-man. I am excited to see OSHCs being released going forward, but would like to see some of these large gaps be filled with OSHC or Omnibuses instead of tpb. I am holding out hope, even though Marvel is currently going the tpb route. It is not unheard of for Marvel to release collected editions before releasing Omnibuses.

That said, if you haven't read these issues then I would recommend getting the tpbs.
    Holding out hope too for OHCS. So far I'm resisting the urge to buy trades since I haven't caught to that yet but when I do if the OHCs haven't been released or announced I'll reevaluate.

PS: I'm not an Episode I hater but God that cover is hideous!
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    There's another Omnibus that collects McFarlane's run as artist on the main Amazing Spider-Man series that has very good writing from David Michelinie, but it's hard to find now. Great book though.

Ah that sounds like a better option.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Anyone who ordered omnis from CGN on the marvel omni sale have their books shipped yet? Specifically the spiderman by stern omni? I know it said some of the books wont ship until february. Pretty sure the stern omni is going to be one of them since they have out of stock of it for atleast 6 months but they had the variant.

And how is the Miles ultimate spider man stuff? Is it just as good as parker in ultimate or better/worse?
    It's just as good, I think. It plays out very logically.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post

I like Miles and his stories but when all things started to go crossover I stopped reading. But if you like USM I would say definitely go for the Miles books as well.

Thanks guys. I still have yet to collect parkers USM but have read all of digitally. Ill probably get the USM omni then try to track down all the OHC which I know will be quite a challenge then go for miles stuff. Surprised miles hasnt gotten any OHCs.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    Hey, so I was at a local used book shop today and spotted Annihilation book 2, this hard cover thing collecting 3 mini-series, for 6 bucks. I picked it up, despite not being familiar with the characters or the story. How necessary is volume one to enjoying this? How many volumes are there?
    The minis are somewhat standalone, but I'd you want to see what happens after, you need volume 3 with the main series. I love the Nova mini in volume 1, but its pretty much impossible to get.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Great. Now I want the Stern omnibus. This thread is stealing my money! Oh Cruel Fate!!!!!
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    At 16 issues is this the second thinnest book to get the Omni tag after Devil Dinosaur at 9 issues?
    The first Secret Wars omni is a tie. Only 16 issues in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I tried reading the first few issues and then stopped. Just wasn't my thing. McFarlane is a good artist (IMO) but writing isn't his strong point.
    His writing is terrible, art is fantastic.

Is it weird to anyone else that the Spider-Man by Todd McFarlane omni skips issue 15?

I looked it up, and it isn't by McFarlane, but I always thought it was weird to skip issues in this sort of thing. Unless it's for clear licensing issues (which I don't think it to be the case for this one), I think they should've kept it in. Otherwise, collectors will now have this weird gap.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Is it weird to anyone else that the Spider-Man by Todd McFarlane omni skips issue 15?

I looked it up, and it isn't by McFarlane, but I always thought it was weird to skip issues in this sort of thing. Unless it's for clear licensing issues (which I don't think it to be the case for this one), I think they should've kept it in. Otherwise, collectors will now have this weird gap.
    SPIDER-MAN #15 was a fill in issue by Erik Larson. You can check it on Comixology.