Can anyone help me identify the light blue X-Men collections Uncanny Omar has behind him on the shelf? I can identify all the other books around them, but this has been bugging me for a while...

uncannyomar.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Can anyone help me identify the light blue X-Men collections Uncanny Omar has behind him on the shelf? I can identify all the other books around them, but this has been bugging me for a while...

uncannyomar.jpg
    3 volumes, so most likely Iceman from a couple years ago which had light blue paperbacks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    3 volumes, so most likely Iceman from a couple years ago which had light blue paperbacks like that.
    Oh that makes sense, yeah! Thanks!

Random thought, but I would love an "All-New X-Factor" by Peter David Complete Collection.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Random thought, but I would love an "All-New X-Factor" by Peter David Complete Collection.
    I'd buy that it a heartbeat!

It's too bad they canceled the Complete Collections of the previous run after only two books; hoping they finally finish it in omnibus format.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Has Marvel made any hints or announcements as to whether they'll continue collecting the X-titles a la Dawn of X post-X of Swords? There aren't any Reign of X collections in the Hachette database yet.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'd buy that it a heartbeat!

It's too bad they canceled the Complete Collections of the previous run after only two books; hoping they finally finish it in omnibus format.
    I just don't see Marvel committing to a 4 ish omnibus set for that X-Factor run, unfortunately. Even though it's one of the best X-books of the last couple decades.

Also sucks they've abandoned Fraction's Iron Man run after a couple fat trades. but by all means let's have another Cloak and Dagger omni. #bitter
    Last edited by newparisian; 02-28-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Anything they start in the Complete Collection line, by definition of the title, NEEDS to be completed!

It is very disappointing when they abandon later volumes.

I am starting to panic over Incredible Hercules. The second volume is supposedly coming out next month after multiple delays due to the pandemic. So crossing my fingers they are committed to finishing the series.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Anything they start in the Complete Collection line, by definition of the title, NEEDS to be completed!

It is very disappointing when they abandon later volumes.

I am starting to panic over Incredible Hercules. The second volume is supposedly coming out next month after multiple delays due to the pandemic. So crossing my fingers they are committed to finishing the series.
    Dude, I have been waiting for this forever; like come on! It's one of the best runs out there

Oh that makes sense, yeah! Thanks!
    Btw, if you ever want to ask Omar questions on his youtube videos, he usually replies - I've asked him a couple of questions myself and he came back on both!

So I've been getting interested in trying out some more Daredevil lately, with my attention being on the Bendis/Maleev run - as the hype for it is pretty massive. But I've noticed that there are gaps in the collection, which appears to be due to Bendis working with a different artist there. I'm a completionist myself and would hate to miss out, so... how important are those issues for the overall story? Important enough to hunt down separately?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Btw, if you ever want to ask Omar questions on his youtube videos, he usually replies - I've asked him a couple of questions myself and he came back on both!
    Thanks for the tip.

Incredible Member

So I've been getting interested in trying out some more Daredevil lately, with my attention being on the Bendis/Maleev run - as the hype for it is pretty massive. But I've noticed that there are gaps in the collection, which appears to be due to Bendis working with a different artist there. I'm a completionist myself and would hate to miss out, so... how important are those issues for the overall story? Important enough to hunt down separately?

Thanks for the tip.
    I can't answer on how important the issues are but 2 of those gaps, 20-25 and 51-55 are in the Unusual Suspects paperback that came out the other year. Issues 1-15 are either in two smaller TPBs or in the Quesada Omni, which is also pretty recent.

Incredible Member

If you’re talking about issues 20-25 and 51-55, those issues were written by other writers. Bob Gale (Back to the Future screenwriter, among many other credits) wrote “Playing to the Camera,” and David Mack wrote “Vision Quest” starring Echo. (Daredevil is barely in the latter arc, it’s an Echo story.)

I remember that I read at least the Bob Gale arc but have no memory of it. The fact that no one ever talks about it suggests it’s not some lost classic, though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

They are not mega important to the storyline. Issues #20-25 have no real repurcussions on later events and although the story featured in those issues is not bad, it is pretty forgettable as The Lucky One mentioned. Issues #50-55 basically amount to being a David Mack written and drawn Echo mini-series which hardly even features Daredevil and could have been exactly that - a separate Echo spin-off mini-series which explores who she is and her roots. Wolverine also is an integral part of the storyline. As gohei, wrote, all those issurs feature in the thick Marvel Knights: Daredevil - Unusual Suspects TPB. The complete contents are:
    DAREDEVIL: NINJA #1-3, DAREDEVIL/SPIDER-MAN #1-4, DAREDEVIL (1998) #20-25 and #51-55 and SPIDER-MAN/DAREDEVIL #1.

As a Daredevil completist, I picked up all the singles, and later the Unusual Suspects TPB. If you're a Daredevil completist, I would say pick up the thick trade, otherwise, you can enjoy the Bendis run without reading those "missing" issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I can't answer on how important the issues are but 2 of those gaps, 20-25 and 51-55 are in the Unusual Suspects paperback that came out the other year. Issues 1-15 are either in two smaller TPBs or in the Quesada Omni, which is also pretty recent.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    If you’re talking about issues 20-25 and 51-55, those issues were written by other writers. Bob Gale (Back to the Future screenwriter, among many other credits) wrote “Playing to the Camera,” and David Mack wrote “Vision Quest” starring Echo. (Daredevil is barely in the latter arc, it’s an Echo story.)

I remember that I read at least the Bob Gale arc but have no memory of it. The fact that no one ever talks about it suggests it’s not some lost classic, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    They are not mega important to the storyline. Issues #20-25 have no real repurcussions on later events and although the story featured in those issues is not bad, it is pretty forgettable as The Lucky One mentioned. Issues #50-55 basically amount to being a David Mack written and drawn Echo mini-series which hardly even features Daredevil and could have been exactly that - a separate Echo spin-off mini-series which explores who she is and her roots. Wolverine also is an integral part of the storyline. As gohei, wrote, all those issurs feature in the thick Marvel Knights: Daredevil - Unusual Suspects TPB. The complete contents are:
    DAREDEVIL: NINJA #1-3, DAREDEVIL/SPIDER-MAN #1-4, DAREDEVIL (1998) #20-25 and #51-55 and SPIDER-MAN/DAREDEVIL #1.

As a Daredevil completist, I picked up all the singles, and later the Unusual Suspects TPB. If you're a Daredevil completist, I would say pick up the thick trade, otherwise, you can enjoy the Bendis run without reading those "missing" issues.
    Thanks for the help! I think I'll stick to the Bendis stuff for now.