Page 114 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 14641041101111121131141151161171181241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Is it weird to anyone else that the Spider-Man by Todd McFarlane omni skips issue 15?

I looked it up, and it isn't by McFarlane, but I always thought it was weird to skip issues in this sort of thing. Unless it's for clear licensing issues (which I don't think it to be the case for this one), I think they should've kept it in. Otherwise, collectors will now have this weird gap.
    You could pair the upcoming omni with the Revenge of the Sinister Six PHC to resolve this gap. It collects #15 and #18-23.

Of course, then you need to get the Infinity Gauntlet omni to close the gap at #17...

Mighty Member

Doesn't the stern omni end abruptly as he didn't finish the hobgoblin arc? How does this affect the read? I used to have these in singles but sold them when I got into collected editions so I don't really remember.

Sorry, I have no clue how to search for anything in these forums. A while back, did Krisis post a Road to Secret Wars reading list with graphic novels from the Ultimate Universe? Or was I dreaming this? Don't ask why I have reoccurring dreams of Krisis.

Just finished the Trial of Captain America omnibus (read the run before). Did anyone else find the jump from #619 to the new #1 a bit jarring with no explanation of Fear Itself or why Bucky goes quiet and Steve is back in uniform? I know Fear Itself 7.1 is in the Return of the Winter Soldier omnibus but it goes from Bucky escaping prison to Fury telling Steve that Bucky is too tainted to carry on being Cap straight into Steve's new series.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Is it weird to anyone else that the Spider-Man by Todd McFarlane omni skips issue 15?

I looked it up, and it isn't by McFarlane, but I always thought it was weird to skip issues in this sort of thing. Unless it's for clear licensing issues (which I don't think it to be the case for this one), I think they should've kept it in. Otherwise, collectors will now have this weird gap.
    There isn't just one thing that an "Omnibus" is. An Omnibus can be a complete run of #1-15, or it could be the complete run of say, an author, which would exclude parts the author didn't write. As DC has shown with some of their collected editions based on artists, they'll jettison arcs and leave them incomplete if the featured artists didn't draw one of the issues in the arc. Sometimes when it's a showcase of a certain writer and artist on the title, they'll still include an issue where one of the pair was absent. So there are a lot of different directions these Omnibus type books can go depending on the purpose behind them.

This Omnibus is a bit more about Todd McFarlane than it is about this particular Spider-Man title. It's the Complete Todd Collection for this title. Todd's story, Todd's vision, Todd's art - not Larsen's. So unfortunately that creates a gap for collectors who want every single related thing, but overall it does not appear that it's going to affect the Omnibus in any significant way. As Near Mint pointed out, the gap is covered in the Revenge of the Sinister Six HC. If the Omnibus was supposed to be more about the title than about Todd, they would have collected the Revenge of the Sinister Six issues too and made a larger Omnibus.

And that actually could have been quite logical for Marvel to do since they really love taking these Marvel Premiere Classic HCs and mashing them together for Omnibuses. (Still waiting on that Mark Waid Captain America Omnibus, Marvel). But they decided Todd was the big sell, not the Spider-Man title.

If this was the Epic Collection line, that gap would be annoying if Marvel didn't collect that missing issue at all. But that's not where we're at with this Omnibus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Just finished the Trial of Captain America omnibus (read the run before). Did anyone else find the jump from #619 to the new #1 a bit jarring with no explanation of Fear Itself or why Bucky goes quiet and Steve is back in uniform? I know Fear Itself 7.1 is in the Return of the Winter Soldier omnibus but it goes from Bucky escaping prison to Fury telling Steve that Bucky is too tainted to carry on being Cap straight into Steve's new series.
    Marvel divided up those last Omnibuses so poorly. That new volume Brubaker began with a new #1 should have been the start of a new Omnibus.

We're so close to the next UXM Omnibus.

I would have started reading them if I could get a XM 1 -- just passed on one at 250...new it would be gone with the quickness and it is. Can't bring myself to drop that much on a book, any book that isnt like the bible autographed by God or something.

I always feel like right when I give in and pay a lot for a book it'll get reprinted lol biggest fear dealing with omnibus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Marvel divided up those last Omnibuses so poorly. That new volume Brubaker began with a new #1 should have been the start of a new Omnibus.
    I imagine it being really confusing if you have no knowledge of Marvel at the time. It took me a bit to figure out the gap and I read it all as it was released. That McNiven art softens the blow of suddenly missing Bucky though.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    We're so close to the next UXM Omnibus.

I would have started reading them if I could get a XM 1 -- just passed on one at 250...new it would be gone with the quickness and it is. Can't bring myself to drop that much on a book, any book that isnt like the bible autographed by God or something.

I always feel like right when I give in and pay a lot for a book it'll get reprinted lol biggest fear dealing with omnibus for me.
    It's getting a reprint this spring. It'll be like 63 dollars on most sites.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    It's getting a reprint this spring. It'll be like 63 dollars on most sites.
    No, I'm talking about the '63 'The X-Men' Omnibus. Unless I missed something?

Spectacular Member

IMO you can easily skip the first two X-Men Omni's and just start with UXM. The X-Men stuff is your typical Silver Age fair and is summed up several times throughout UXM.

On another note are a lot of people planning on picking up the Spidey BND Complete's because they are going to better than the previous BND collections or just because they've never read it before? Has it been collected in OHC before?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    IMO you can easily skip the first two X-Men Omni's and just start with UXM. The X-Men stuff is your typical Silver Age fair and is summed up several times throughout UXM.

On another note are a lot of people planning on picking up the Spidey BND Complete's because they are going to better than the previous BND collections or just because they've never read it before? Has it been collected in OHC before?
    I'd really love an Artist's Edition of the Neal Adams work in the second omni, though. That's just downright gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thanks guys. I still have yet to collect parkers USM but have read all of digitally. Ill probably get the USM omni then try to track down all the OHC which I know will be quite a challenge then go for miles stuff. Surprised miles hasnt gotten any OHCs.
    Agreed. An omnibus would be great!

All-New Member

Can anyone give me a quick review/pics of the Avengers Vibranium collection? It's in the Midtown sale and I am gently considering it.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

As someone who loves the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby X-Men run. You can VERY easily skip it to read the Claremont run. As long as you know the very basics of the first X-team, your good.
    Cyclops was right