Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    My guess is they knew the core Inferno book was the 'most wanted' of the two, so they solicited/released it first to appease folks, and then once they had everyone all up in a tizzy, they announced the prologue as well. Pure marketing. Cuz if they announced the prologue first, then everyone would just assume the main book would be reprinted. But what do I know... could be totally random and they had the one ready to go before the other one...
    You're probably right.

I'm the weirdo who's more excited for Prologue, because I missed it the first time around. I still have my first printing of the Inferno proper OHC, so I don't think I'll up "upgrading" for thinner paper and weak binding.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Percentage wise, how much of this new omni is actually written by Moore?
    Yeah, like Raffi said, about 20%. None of the first half is Moore, that’s all of the Captain’s pre-Moore appearances. (Formerly the two OHCs.) Then it gets to where the original omnibus starts, with the storyline that Moore took over part of the way through. After Moore leaves, Delano and Davis trade off writing a lengthy run. (Which is good and relatively unknown.) And then it finishes with the two Claremont-penned UXM/New Mutants annuals.

Does anyone have a comparison for xmen Age of X by carey? Like is the milestone version better than the original hc?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qsYRc9REU

Howard the Duck by Zdarsky and Quinones Omnibus is coming in December 2021/
    Already own this run in original trade format. I even love the Vol. 0 and all the meta commentary it made. Fantastic run, very funny, but I don't see me getting the Omni. Not a fan of that cover art if it's final. I hope Zdarsky returns to Howard someday soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Already own this run in original trade format. I even love the Vol. 0 and all the meta commentary it made. Fantastic run, very funny, but I don't see me getting the Omni. Not a fan of that cover art if it's final. I hope Zdarsky returns to Howard someday soon!
    Considering he's writing DD, you think Howard will make an appearance like SPidey?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Considering he's writing DD, you think Howard will make an appearance like SPidey?
    I could see that. Spidey appeared quite a bit as a cameo/guest in Howard's run. Honestly Im half expecting a Man-Thing/Howard series from Chip to be announced any day now. With guest appearances by Daredevil and Spidey.

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kUdFPrTfuI

X-Men Mutant Massacre omnibus is being reprinted in December 2021. The covers and content are in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Per Omar & NMC we have...

Excalibur Omnibus Volume 2 in November AND New Mutants Omnibus Volume 2 in December!

SOOO excited for New Mutants! It will fill the gap between the first omni & Fall of the Mutants omni.
    Excellent news! Thanks for this. Now that these two are announced along with the 90's X-Factor by Peter David Omnibus, this just about completes my X-Men eras I care about OHC/trade collection. My wish list is basically just Uncanny X-Men Vol 5 at this point. (Well, a Generation X omnibus would be nice, too.)
    Last edited by csista; 03-20-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

KULL THE CONQUEROR: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS
    Written by ALAN ZELENETZ with DOUG MOENCH, BRUCE JONES, APRIL CAMPBELL & J.M. DEMATTEIS
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA with JOHN BOLTON, TONY DEZUNIGA, HERB TRIMPE, ERNIE CHAN,
    CHARLES VESS, BUTCH GUICE & BILL SIENKIEWICZ
    Covers by DAVID LOPEZ & JOHN BOLTON
    The last of three volumes collecting the complete original Marvel Kull comics kicks off with an early ’80s Spider-Man/King Kull team-up against the threat of Ju-Lak and the Serpent Cult! Then, a new solo Kull series begins with a run of double-sized color comics by some of the best artists of the decade. KULL THE CONQUEROR boasted a bruising dose of art from Big John Buscema — but it also featured takes on the warrior-monarch of Valusia from luminaries John Bolton, Charles Vess, Butch Guice and Bill Sienkiewicz. And the ’80s era of Kull concludes with the stunning graphic novel KULL: THE VALE OF SHADOW by Alan Zelenetz and Tony DeZuniga. Collecting MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #111-112, KULL THE CONQUEROR (1982) #1-2, KULL THE CONQUEROR (1983) #1-10 and KULL: THE VALE OF SHADOW (1989).
    632 PGS./Mature …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92917-6
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

STAR WARS LEGENDS: RISE OF THE SITH OMNIBUS
    Written by SCOTT ALLIE, MIKE KENNEDY, RYDER WINDHAM, RANDY STRADLEY, JAN STRNAD, RON MARZ, HENRY GILROY, TIM TRUMAN, MARK SCHULTZ & MORE
    Penciled by MAHMUD ASRAR, LUCAS MARANGON, RAMÓN BACHS, DAVIDE FABBRI, ANTHONY WINN, JOHN NADEAU,
    JAN DUURSEMA, RODOLFO DAMAGGIO, STEVE CRESPO, GALEN SHOWMAN, ROBERT TERANISHI, MARTIN EGELAND & MORE
    Covers by RAMÓN BACHS & HUGH FLEMING
    The road to The Phantom Menace! Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn has a close encounter with the Dark Side while trying to prevent a civil war! And can Qui-Gon and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi deal with an out-of-control cloud cruiser — and the lawless world of Ord Mantell? As Mace Windu’s Jedi Knights face the deadly threat of the Yinchorri, Darth Maul strikes from the shadows — cutting down all obstacles in his mysterious master’s way! And meet teenage Queen Padmé Amidala and young Anakin Skywalker — a boy with a dark destiny! Collecting STAR WARS: JEDI — THE DARK SIDE #1-5; STAR WARS: QUI-GON & OBI-WAN — THE AURORIENT EXPRESS #1-2; STAR WARS: QUI-GON & OBI-WAN — LAST STAND ON ORD MANTELL #1-3; STAR WARS: JEDI COUNCIL — ACTS OF WAR #1-4; STAR WARS (1998) #0-6; STAR WARS: DARTH MAUL (2000) #1-4; STAR WARS: EPISODE I — THE PHANTOM MENACE #1/2 and #1-4; STAR WARS: EPISODE I — ANAKIN SKYWALKER, QUEEN AMIDALA, QUI-GON JINN and OBI-WAN KENOBI and material from STAR WARS TALES #1, #3, #5, #7, #9-10, #13-14, #20 and #24.
    1000 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93209-1

STAR WARS: DARTH VADER BY CHARLES SOULE OMNIBUS
    Written by CHARLES SOULE, CHRIS ELIOPOULOS & CHUCK WENDIG
    Penciled by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, CHRIS ELIOPOULOS & LEONARD KIRK
    Covers by MIKE DEODATO JR. & GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Lord Vader…rise! In the wake of Revenge of the Sith, follow Vader as he ascends to power as a Dark Lord of the Sith! Having lost everything dear to him and now more machine than man, Vader takes his first steps into a darker world — beginning by eradicating the galaxy’s remaining Jedi! But librarian Jocasta Nu is making a desperate effort to preserve the Jedi legacy, and the stirrings of a rebellion have begun in the Mon Cala system! To ensure the Emperor’s grip on the galaxy is absolute, Vader must deal swiftly and brutally with any uprisings — but he has a goal of his own. And as darkness rises above Mustafar, the scene of Vader’s greatest defeat, will the man once called Anakin Skywalker realize his true destiny? Collecting DARTH VADER (2017) #1-25 and ANNUAL #2..
    624 PGS./Rated T …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93173-5

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: GHOST RIDER VOL. 3 HC
    Written by ROGER MCKENZIE & JIM SHOOTER with GERRY CONWAY, DON GLUT, DON PERLIN, JIM STARLIN& BILL MANTLO
    Penciled by DON PERLIN & DON HECK with GIL KANE, TOM SUTTON, JIM STARLIN & FRANK ROBBINS
    Cover by RICH BUCKLER
    Ghost Rider blazes a trail of vengeance into his third Marvel Masterworks edition! The demon biker faces a myriad of enemies, from Gladiator and the Eel to the Enforcer and the Water Wizard. His travels across America’s back roads and the supernatural worlds beyond bring him into the orbit of the mystical Doctor Druid, Dormammu and Doctor Strange — while a road trip to the Mojave Desert finds him in a team-up with Hawkeye and Two-Gun Kid against the fearsome Manticore! And just wait’ll you see the truly offbeat Death-Riders from Beyond! This Masterworks finishes things up with a tale by the great Jim Starlin — and a fearsome joining of Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Morbius and Werewolf by Night as the Legion of Monsters! Collecting GHOST RIDER (1973) #21-35 and MARVEL PREMIERE #28.
    312 PGS./Rated T …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92929-9

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: TOMB OF DRACULA VOL. 1 HC
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN with GERRY CONWAY, ARCHIE GOODWIN, GARDNER FOX & STEVE GERBER
    Penciled by GENE COLAN with NEAL ADAMS & RICH BUCKLER
    Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    The Marvel Masterworks cracks open the TOMB OF DRACULA! If there was one title that ushered in the Marvel Age of Horror in the early 1970s, it was TOMB OF DRACULA, the longest running of those seminal monster classics. TOMB was the title Gene Colan was born to draw, and he and writer Marv Wolfman crafted a legacy of undead action that has become an evergreen of Marvel storytelling. The hunt is on to slay Count Dracula, and the descendants of the Van Helsings are still around to make the kill — or die trying. But a new vampire hunter is on the scene, and his name is Blade! These classics have been newly restored to look better than ever! Collecting TOMB OF DRACULA (1972) #1-11 and material from DRACULA LIVES #1-2.
    280 PGS./Rated T+ …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92947-3
    Trim size: 7 x 10

YOUNG AVENGERS BY KIERON GILLEN & JAMIE MCKELVIE OMNIBUS (2nd PRINTING)
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Penciled by JAMIE MCKELVIE & KATE BROWN with EMMA VIECELI, CHRISTIAN WARD, ANNIE WU,
    BECKY CLOONAN, MING DOYLE & JOE QUINONES
    Covers by JAMIE MCKELVIE & JIM CHEUNG
    Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie’s groundbreaking, critically acclaimed epic is collected in one gorgeous oversize hardcover! The Young Avengers are reinvented for the 21st century as Wiccan, Hulkling and Kate “Hawkeye” Bishop unite with Kid Loki, Marvel Boy, Prodigy and America Chavez. Someone has to save the entire Multiverse. They’re someone. No pressure, right? As cosmic horror emerges from the shadows of the past, the Young Avengers race desperately across dimensions — but once they take on the gig to save reality, they may never be able to go home again! Meanwhile, Kid Loki is up to something. Surprise, I know. Fight scenes! Kissing! Fake I.D.s! Kissing! Drama! Conflict! Plentiful feels! And, oh yeah, nightclubs! Read it! Collecting YOUNG AVENGERS (2013) #1-15 and material from MARVEL NOW! POINT ONE #1.
    360 PGS./Rated T+ …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93005-9

WOLVERINE: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD TREASURY EDITION TPB
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN, MATTHEW ROSENBERG, DECLAN SHALVEY, CHRIS CLAREMONT, SALADIN AHMED, VITA AYALA, JOHN RIDLEY,
    JED MacKAY, DONNY CATES, STEVEN S. DeKNIGHT, KELLY THOMPSON & ED BRISSON
    Penciled by ADAM KUBERT, JOSHUA CASSARA, DECLAN SHALVEY, SALVADOR LARROCA, KEV WALKER, GREG LAND, JORGE FORNÉS,
    JESÚS SAIZ, CHRIS BACHALO, PAULO SIQUEIRA, KHARY RANDOLPH & LEONARD KIRK
    Cover by ADAM KUBERT
    The best there is by the best there are! Legendary creators, modern superstars, rising talents and fresh voices unite to tell savage tales of your favorite X-Man — in brutal black and white, with a liberal splash of blood red! Logan. Weapon X. Patch. Wolverine. He’s gone by many names and lived many different lives. Now, this exploration of his storied history takes you from Japan to Madripoor to the Savage Land — from a revelatory return to the Weapon X Program to a high-stakes mission with X-Force! Logan is joined by old allies like Kate Pryde, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Nick Fury and heads into bloody battle against foes familiar and surprising — including Arcade, the Reavers, and, the deadliest of all, Sabretooth! It’s black, white and blood all over — on the larger-than-life pages of a Treasury Edition! Collecting WOLVERINE: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD #1-4.
    136 PGS./Parental Advisory …$29.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92849-0
    Trim size: 8-1/2 x 13