That Wolverine cover... whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    That Wolverine cover... whoa!
    Agreed, that cover will probably sell the book to me.

Incredible Member

With the current reprintings of a lot of different X-men Omnis, how high do think the chances are of them going all the way back to X-men Vol 1 and 2? Or would I be better off going with the epics?

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    With the current reprintings of a lot of different X-men Omnis, how high do think the chances are of them going all the way back to X-men Vol 1 and 2? Or would I be better off going with the epics?
    Marvel seems insistent on keeping those out of print. Vol 1 was already OOP and pricey when I first started buying bookshelf collections back in 2012. Even when Bendis brought the original five X-Men to modern times and it was a major storyline, you’d assume that was the perfect time for a reprint, but nothing. Meanwhile, books that had to be remaindered and dumped only a few years ago are getting reprints.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: TOMB OF DRACULA VOL. 1 HC
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN with GERRY CONWAY, ARCHIE GOODWIN, GARDNER FOX & STEVE GERBER
    Penciled by GENE COLAN with NEAL ADAMS & RICH BUCKLER
    Cover by NEAL ADAMS
    The Marvel Masterworks cracks open the TOMB OF DRACULA! If there was one title that ushered in the Marvel Age of Horror in the early 1970s, it was TOMB OF DRACULA, the longest running of those seminal monster classics. TOMB was the title Gene Colan was born to draw, and he and writer Marv Wolfman crafted a legacy of undead action that has become an evergreen of Marvel storytelling. The hunt is on to slay Count Dracula, and the descendants of the Van Helsings are still around to make the kill — or die trying. But a new vampire hunter is on the scene, and his name is Blade! These classics have been newly restored to look better than ever! Collecting TOMB OF DRACULA (1972) #1-11 and material from DRACULA LIVES #1-2.
    280 PGS./Rated T+ …$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92947-3
    Trim size: 7 x 10
    Is this a new printing? If not, I'm seriously surprised. Seems they've collected ToD in just about every format; I assumed MMW were already out there somewhere.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I settled on the Epics myself
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Is this a new printing? If not, I'm seriously surprised. Seems they've collected ToD in just about every format; I assumed MMW were already out there somewhere.
    I checked and it looks like this is the first printing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    STAR WARS LEGENDS: RISE OF THE SITH OMNIBUS
    Written by SCOTT ALLIE, MIKE KENNEDY, RYDER WINDHAM, RANDY STRADLEY, JAN STRNAD, RON MARZ, HENRY GILROY, TIM TRUMAN, MARK SCHULTZ & MORE
    Penciled by MAHMUD ASRAR, LUCAS MARANGON, RAMÓN BACHS, DAVIDE FABBRI, ANTHONY WINN, JOHN NADEAU,
    JAN DUURSEMA, RODOLFO DAMAGGIO, STEVE CRESPO, GALEN SHOWMAN, ROBERT TERANISHI, MARTIN EGELAND & MORE
    Covers by RAMÓN BACHS & HUGH FLEMING
    The road to The Phantom Menace! Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn has a close encounter with the Dark Side while trying to prevent a civil war! And can Qui-Gon and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi deal with an out-of-control cloud cruiser — and the lawless world of Ord Mantell? As Mace Windu’s Jedi Knights face the deadly threat of the Yinchorri, Darth Maul strikes from the shadows — cutting down all obstacles in his mysterious master’s way! And meet teenage Queen Padmé Amidala and young Anakin Skywalker — a boy with a dark destiny! Collecting STAR WARS: JEDI — THE DARK SIDE #1-5; STAR WARS: QUI-GON & OBI-WAN — THE AURORIENT EXPRESS #1-2; STAR WARS: QUI-GON & OBI-WAN — LAST STAND ON ORD MANTELL #1-3; STAR WARS: JEDI COUNCIL — ACTS OF WAR #1-4; STAR WARS (1998) #0-6; STAR WARS: DARTH MAUL (2000) #1-4; STAR WARS: EPISODE I — THE PHANTOM MENACE #1/2 and #1-4; STAR WARS: EPISODE I — ANAKIN SKYWALKER, QUEEN AMIDALA, QUI-GON JINN and OBI-WAN KENOBI and material from STAR WARS TALES #1, #3, #5, #7, #9-10, #13-14, #20 and #24.
    1000 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93209-1
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

I definitely want the Darth Vader omnibus but I don’t know anything about the Rise of the Sith content. Does anyone know anything about these comics?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I checked and it looks like this is the first printing.
    Yes, definitely a first printing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    They’re just adding in the two OHCs, “Birth of a Legend” and “Siege of Camelot” (and possibly taking out the guest appearance in Captain America #305-06). If you already have those OHCs and the omni, you should have everything in the new omni. The only reason I’m considering upgrading is because my Cap Britain omni is only in decent condition.

And with the way things are going, there’s a decent chance the new version will have thinner paper and worse binding. Your call, but you might be better off sticking with the original.
    That is very helpful - I wanted to check on my books and then forgot... I do have the two OHCs and the original omnibus (still sealed even). Guess then I'm not "upgrading".

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    I definitely want the Darth Vader omnibus but I don’t know anything about the Rise of the Sith content. Does anyone know anything about these comics?
    I think it would depend on if you're a big fan of the prequels - as this is all content solely focused around Episode I range. I've read a few, they didn't grab me. I'm excited that Marvel is finally pushing out more Star Wars Omnibuses after a huge lag, but for me, personally, I'm not getting this as I don't even have these Epics - this time period and these stories just don't interest me.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Marvel seems insistent on keeping those out of print. Vol 1 was already OOP and pricey when I first started buying bookshelf collections back in 2012. Even when Bendis brought the original five X-Men to modern times and it was a major storyline, you’d assume that was the perfect time for a reprint, but nothing. Meanwhile, books that had to be remaindered and dumped only a few years ago are getting reprints.
    I would think they've been kicked to the the end of the line of reprints, but you would think they would eventually reprint them, yeah? I mean, x-omnis are like printing money, so why not? They're obviously focusing on the more popular stuff first, like Uncanny, Inferno, Mutant Massacre, Age of Apoc, etc... but I would think once they get past that glut that the time will come to reprint both vols 1 +2. In fact, I wonder if they'd do like the Cap Britain omni and repackage these to include the ancillary material in Epic "Always Darkest before the dawn". If they were on the fence about how these would sell, by throwing those in the mix, TONs of people would buy them, since these have never been in oversize formet. C'mon, Marvel, make it happen.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Agree with Rimmer above - these were written around when Ep 1 came out, so it's a lot of Maul, Qui-Gon, etc. without much foreshadowing of or building to what is to come.

On the other hand, if you're a completionist and prone to deep regret about holes on your shelf (pauses to nod to himself), this could be the first of 3-4 omnibuses that carry through from before The Phantom Menace to just after Revenge of the Sith (basically The Menace Revealed v1-3 and The Clone Wars v1-4 epic collections).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Anyone ever feel bad cracking these things open?
    Thinking of opening Uncanny X-Force omnibus, but it's almost harder to appreciate it, given the rise in value.

I'm trying to remind myself that I have my favorite arc from the run in single-issue format, so it's okay to indulge and treat the floppies as the collector pieces, but....easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Anyone ever feel bad cracking these things open?
    Thinking of opening Uncanny X-Force omnibus, but it's almost harder to appreciate it, given the rise in value.

I'm trying to remind myself that I have my favorite arc from the run in single-issue format, so it's okay to indulge and treat the floppies as the collector pieces, but....easier said than done.
    No way! I buy them to read the content

I do make sure to keep them all in good condition though. At some point or another, I may want to sell.