Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Am I blind, or did Inferno get delayed yet again?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    It is 100% available. Already put an order in for the direct market cover.

Just search "Inferno" and both covers should show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Got my Morrison New X-Men omnibus! Pity Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men run is out of print, that’s the other X-Men I’m dying to have.
    This might be a dumb question, could the newer Whedon criticism stop them from reprinting his omni?

It's there, I got the DM variant for it as well as Avengers: The Gathering.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    This might be a dumb question, could the newer Whedon criticism stop them from reprinting his omni?
    No, it's a good question. I wondered the same thing about Warren Ellis, but I've seen a bit of his stuff reprinted lately, such as Planetary. Of course, I can't think of any Marvel work he has had reprinted since. I think we'll see Astonishing X-Men again, because it's a beloved book and they shouldn't do a disservice to everyone else who worked on it.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Ugh, I wanted the main cover. The DM cover is ugly.

Though at least the DM cover has actual X-Men on it...
    Cyclops was right

You and me both, friend. The regular cover sold out while I was putting in my credit card number lol. So I got the variant, no biggie really though. My X-Men omni buying is done for now finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    No, it's a good question. I wondered the same thing about Warren Ellis, but I've seen a bit of his stuff reprinted lately, such as Planetary. Of course, I can't think of any Marvel work he has had reprinted since. I think we'll see Astonishing X-Men again, because it's a beloved book and they shouldn't do a disservice to everyone else who worked on it.
    It's not unprecedented, though, as the Gerard Jones stuff at DC pretty much halted and isn't being collected anymore, so you never know. But I agree with you, #1 it's X-men related, #2 it's a highly praised run, and #3 has other big name creators on it.
    Perhaps they could do a reprint whereas they don't flash "WHEDON!!!" all over it, but it still has the same material. Who knows... But I think we'll see a reprint of this again someday.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Can't believe I didn't realize this Inferno reprint contains the crossovers. Still on the fence about replacing my 1st printing though... the crossovers were hit and miss from what I remember, and the fact that I won't be able to subsidize the purchase by selling my existing copy is also a bit of a turn off.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Blasphemy! The DM cover is AMAZING!

Quite frankly, I cannot believe any version is left 2 hours later...

I’d expect it to be reprinted at some point, but I’m sure they’ll give it a few years to see if attitudes toward him cool down. Unfortunately his name has always been the major marketing push of that book. In the grand scheme of things when it comes to creator downfalls, he didn’t do anything that could land him in jail so a comeback could be tough but acceptance of past work will probably be fine. After all, it’s not like they’re pulling Avengers and Age Of Ultron blu rays from shelves.

Spectacular Member

Man I took a break after Christmas to recover financially only to discover Excalibur is oos just in time for vol 2 to come out! Does anyone know if it is actually out of print or if it just a supply issue?

Whew, snagged the regular cover Inferno just in time today. Now begins the seven week process and picking period.

Is there going to be more copies of Doctor Aphra omni available soon, or were the copies that sold out in minutes all that they printed?

Totally fair question. I think they will wait a little while before reprinting, but lots of other creators have said and/or done crappy stuff and their work still got reprinted. I expect Whedon’s stuff will still get reprinted the same way PAD’s stuff does.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/