Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Totally fair question. I think they will wait a little while before reprinting, but lots of other creators have said and/or done crappy stuff and their work still got reprinted. I expect Whedon’s stuff will still get reprinted the same way PAD’s stuff does.
    Waitwhat?! Did PAD get canceled and I missed it?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    It's not unprecedented, though, as the Gerard Jones stuff at DC pretty much halted and isn't being collected anymore, so you never know. But I agree with you, #1 it's X-men related, #2 it's a highly praised run, and #3 has other big name creators on it.
    Perhaps they could do a reprint whereas they don't flash "WHEDON!!!" all over it, but it still has the same material. Who knows... But I think we'll see a reprint of this again someday.
    Gerard Jones is thankfully in a class by himself. Being a huge a-hole is on a different level than going away for having 20 longboxes worth of CP. So I'm going to say Whedon's stuff is safe. Probably not super soon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Can't believe I didn't realize this Inferno reprint contains the crossovers. Still on the fence about replacing my 1st printing though... the crossovers were hit and miss from what I remember, and the fact that I won't be able to subsidize the purchase by selling my existing copy is also a bit of a turn off.
    Awww frig, I missed this fact, too. I don't even care about the crossovers story-wise, but it hurts knowing I could have had them all in one volume with the main story. This is going to bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Man I took a break after Christmas to recover financially only to discover Excalibur is oos just in time for vol 2 to come out! Does anyone know if it is actually out of print or if it just a supply issue?
    Same here. Missed the initial stock because I hadn’t realized omnis were selling out so quick nowadays, and I had to order it from Amazon for practically retail. It’s also sold out there now, so it looks like that ones already OOP. If you also wanted the New Mutants omnibus, I suggest grabbing that one while you still can since IST somehow got a restock, or Amazon which currently has it for 39% off.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Waitwhat?! Did PAD get canceled and I missed it?
    He got in hot water over not paying his taxes for years and using GoFundMe to pay his bills, also he apparently ranted at cons about Romani in unpleasant ways. It’s nowhere close to Whedon but it’s an example.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He got in hot water over not paying his taxes for years and using GoFundMe to pay his bills, also he apparently ranted at cons about Romani in unpleasant ways. It’s nowhere close to Whedon but it’s an example.
    I thought your Romani comment was a random joke, so I googled PAD's name with Romani and read it all......LOL, by Zeus's beard, I dearly hope PAD doesn't find out about beggars in India crippling their children for bigger street donations from tourists!

So I see DC is going to replace Action Comics and remember Marvel had the misprint of Silver Surfer omnibus did they ever do anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    So I see DC is going to replace Action Comics and remember Marvel had the misprint of Silver Surfer omnibus did they ever do anything about it?
    Bleeding Cool said in that same article that apparently Marvel told people with misprinted omnis to go buy a digital copy and print out corrected pages, the cheapskates lmao. Wouldn’t hold my breath.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Awww frig, I missed this fact, too. I don't even care about the crossovers story-wise, but it hurts knowing I could have had them all in one volume with the main story. This is going to bug me.
    We can take some solace in the fact that our old, semi-incomplete printings will have less gutter loss, better paper, and sturdier binding than the new printing.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Ooh, ok. Thanks for the update.

Shitty of him, for sure, but I'm relieved I won't have to burn my complete 90's runs of Aquaman and Supergirl.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

You know, I'd love to see an omni of Ewing's Avengers work. Mighty Avengers, then Cap & Mighty, then New Avengers and USAvengers. None are classics, but still a rolicking good time.

Does anyone know when Avengers by Hickman complete collection vol. 5 is going to be released? It should wrap out his run, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Does anyone know when Avengers by Hickman complete collection vol. 5 is going to be released? It should wrap out his run, right?
    I don't think it has been announced or fished yet. But the first four have been released within a space of 7 months, so it's almost definitely going to be this year sometime.

And yep, it should wrap up his run. I'd guess it will collect the full Time Runs Out arc, which would give it a similar page count to Vols 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    You know, I'd love to see an omni of Ewing's Avengers work. Mighty Avengers, then Cap & Mighty, then New Avengers and USAvengers. None are classics, but still a rolicking good time.
    100% agreed. I love Ewing as a writer, and loved that he uses slightly obscure characters, like Sunspot, etc... USAvengers was more fun than it should have been ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

From the IDW solicitations:

John Buscema's Marvel Heroes Artist's Edition

John Buscema (w & a & c)
    Featuring an outstanding sampling of Big John Buscema's classic stories, covers, and interior pages from the mid 1960s to the later '70s, all in the groundbreaking and multi-Eisner Award-winning Artist's Edition format!
    Buscema was a true "artist's artist," his stellar anatomy, coupled with dynamic storytelling, made him one of the most revered and respected artists in the Marvel Pantheon. This volume will contain several complete stories (including Avengers and Sub-Mariner), plus incredible examples of art from his runs on Avengers, Fantastic Four, Thor, Sub-Mariner, and more. There will be a gallery section chock full of covers. And, as with all Artist's Editions, all the art in this book has been scanned from Buscema's originals, enabling the reader to be able to clearly view each page as never before—clearly seeing pencils, editorial notations, ink gradients, more—all the little details and nuances that makes original art unique. Unless you were looking over John Buscema's shoulder in his studio, you'll never have a better opportunity than this to see his artwork as it truly looks!
    BONUS—This book will feature several foldouts presenting a number of Buscema's early, larger covers at full size—a true treat for art lovers!
    HC • BW • $150 • 176 pages • 12" x 17" • ISBN: 978-1-68405-871-6