Got my Uncanny vol 4 omni today (DM cover), and I feel lucky! I usually miss out on books that sell out in minutes like this one seemed to have, but I got lucky with a pre-order.

But that's just it, you should not have to scramble in order to get a copy of these books - why do they make it so hard? Do they not want money? Would they rather have scalpers make money?
    Last edited by slop101; 03-29-2021 at 09:25 AM.

While I'm complaining, let me complain some more...

At $125, Uncanny omni 4 is pretty thin. To give you an idea, the War of the Realms omni is almost double the size for the same price. I guess that's the uncanny up-charge. It only needed 16 more X-men issues (and maybe one or two annuals) and it would've caught up to the Mutant Massacre Omni, basically completing the collection for me, as I have the Fall of the Mutants and all the Infreno omnis. But now, there's a 16 issue gap, and the next omni, whenever it comes, will have to overlap with the Mutant Massacre. Unless they throw in a bunch of X-factor issues. But then they could just do an X-factor Omni for that.

Which wouldn't be so bad if they did the book right, but it looks like crap. The scans are pretty bad, IMO (I doubt they used original artwork), and I compared them to original issues, and paper aside, the line art looked so much better in the original comics. This was a real half-assed job.
    Last edited by slop101; 03-29-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

It definitely sucks, but don't expect it to get better. Uncanny vol. 5 will undoubtedly be $125, and no bigger than vol. 4.

I have a feeling they won't double dip with the Mutant Massacre omni, but rather plug in some more filler to up the page count a bit.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    While I'm complaining, let me complain some more...

At $125, Uncanny omni 4 is pretty thin. To give you an idea, the War of the Realms omni is almost double the size for the same price. I guess that's the uncanny up-charge. It only needed 16 more X-men issues (and maybe one or two annuals) and it would've caught up to the Mutant Massacre Omni, basically completing the collection for me, as I have the Fall of the Mutants and all the Infreno omnis. But now, there's a 16 issue gap, and the next omni, whenever it comes, will have to overlap with the Mutant Massacre. Unless they throw in a bunch of X-factor issues. But then they could just do an X-factor Omni for that.

Which wouldn't be so bad if they did the book right, but it looks like crap. The scans are pretty bad, IMO (I doubt they used original artwork), and I compared them to original issues, and paper aside, the line art looked so much better in the original comics. This was a real half-assed job.
    My man, don't even get me started with the Uncanny Omni line.

To be honest I am just waiting for the Claremont run to be finished in the Epic Collection but at the rate that Marvel releases them it will be 2034 before we get all of those volumes.

Yeah the scans are okay from what I saw, but I don't even know how they can get them any better unless they go back and digitally alter them - which they will never do because I feel like Marvel wants to go as cheap as possible.

I guess I got spoiled with Simonson's Thor Omni, which looked amazing, not just because of the new colors, but the line work all looked great.
    And then Omnis of newer material look good because they were always in digital. So they have to put in some work to make older stuff look good, but I guess they only did it with a few omnis (I think some Kirby FFs were done right).

This is the first week in the last 2 months where I have ordered nothing. But at least my copy of the Avengers: The Gathering Omnibus arrived today. Honestly only bought it because I liked the DM cove but it will help kill some time before The Defenders and Thunderbolts omnibus arrive

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    This is the first week in the last 2 months where I have ordered nothing. But at least my copy of the Avengers: The Gathering Omnibus arrived today. Honestly only bought it because I liked the DM cove but it will help kill some time before The Defenders and Thunderbolts omnibus arrive
    FYI - Thunderbolts omni got pushed back 1 week:
    https://www.previewsworld.com/ShippingUpdates
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    FYI - Thunderbolts omni got pushed back 1 week:
    https://www.previewsworld.com/ShippingUpdates
    Yeah I saw that but it's all good. This was my most wanted omnibus so I had already preordered the DM and regular cover. I love this run that much!!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

As a huge fan of that era of Avengers, I find it both funny and sad that this is the first Marvel omni (in months?!) of which both covers are readily available on IST...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

So hey, is the Darth Vader omni going to get a reprint soon?
    I guess if it was soon, it'd be announced by now, right?
    It was yet another "blink and you'll miss it" release.

Is there a place where I can see upcoming Marvel collected edition releases and only that? The lists I have been able to find also includes all their floppy issues, which can be a chore for me to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Is there a place where I can see upcoming Marvel collected edition releases and only that? The lists I have been able to find also includes all their floppy issues, which can be a chore for me to go through.
    If anyone has an active Hachette upcoming releases link, that would be a good source.

I do not have it, but if anyone does and can share, it would be appreciated

Any idea why X of Swords keeps getting pushed back? I have it preordered at Amazon and it’s been delayed twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Any idea why X of Swords keeps getting pushed back? I have it preordered at Amazon and it’s been delayed twice.
    Not sure about Amazon but it has released. Sold out instantly and somehow there was a low print run for it. I preordered it from DCBS and my copy is actually arriving today.

Not sure about Amazon but it has released. Sold out instantly and somehow there was a low print run for it. I preordered it from DCBS and my copy is actually arriving today.
    There could/are obvious supply chain issues still, as a lot of books are selling out quickly from initial runs, but seriously, this is X-MEN - we ALL know it will sell like hot cakes. Why don't they just bump up the initial print runs on books like this, all the Uncanny omni reprints, etc... they sell out quickly, if not hours then days. I mean, it's not rocket science...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.