Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I thought ALL OHCs had glued binding on them, or were some kinda hybrid binding. Infinity (Hickman), etc... all had that issue. But I could be wrong.
    Unless there was a change in the last few years, the way it always worked was quick release after initial publication, glued. Printed after some time has passed, sewn. So latest event OHCs are usually glued, (and with cheaper paper), and creator runs that come in volumes or long ago crossover collections are usually sewn. Makes sense that X Of Swords was glued, unfortunately.

Has something to do with which country they’re printed in. Whichever does sewn takes longer to import, so they can’t get the event books on shelves before the post-conclusion hype dies down too much.
    Last edited by csista; 04-01-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Amazing Member

Old thicker X-men OHC are like omnibus without label omnibus and were printed and China. I checked, and some new ohc could be sewn, for example Spider-verse but quality is so poor that it could has glued binding, gutter loose will be that same.

Incredible Member

Spider-Man 2099 - My most desired Marvel omnibus.

Especially now that USM is being reprinted.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

holy moly

I think I may retire from collecting omnibuses after these...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post

holy moly

I think I may retire from collecting omnibuses after these...
    Two I already have, two I don't want. When are we going to get a reprint of Immortal Iron Fist?!!??

Already have all those being re-printed (unlike these days, their initial printings were available for a while).
    They need to reprint the Darth Vader Omni, STAT!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Two I already have, two I don't want. When are we going to get a reprint of Immortal Iron Fist?!!??
    I'm also waiting for immortal iron fist. And for secret warriors.

Someday...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    I'm also waiting for immortal iron fist. And for secret warriors.

Someday...
    I feel like we may be waiting until the MCU decides what to do with Iron Fist and Agents of SHIELD before Marvel considers a serious reprint effort on either.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Always happy to see another classic character from the Silver Age getting a reprint. Missed them all the first time they came out so it’s been over 10-15 years since then. Just need a reprint of the first omnibuses of silver age Hulk, original X-Men and the Avengers and I’ll be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Definitely patiently waiting on a Immortal Iron Fist reprint. Everytime Omar does one of these videos I hope for him to say it or Busiek Avengers vol. 1 is getting a reprint.

- Captain America Lives! (Nov 2021)
    - Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Vol. 1 (Nov 2021)
    - The Might Thor Vol. 1 (Dec 2021)
    - Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron (Dec 2021)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I feel like we may be waiting until the MCU decides what to do with Iron Fist and Agents of SHIELD before Marvel considers a serious reprint effort on either.
    I think you may be right. It's a shame if that's the case. I wasn't too impressed with Omar's response when someone asked him about an Immortal Iron Fist reprint. Instead of him responding that he would query David Gabriel, he replied something to the effect of that the Iron Fist Netflix series shouldn't have been so weak because otherwise we would get a reprint.

Finally, the Hickman FF omnibus volumes shall be reprinted......Hopefully with some cool DM variant covers to make it even more worthwhile.

Those were made back before I really got into omnibus collecting, so I missed out on the original printings.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    - Captain America Lives! (Nov 2021)
    - Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman Vol. 1 (Nov 2021)
    - The Might Thor Vol. 1 (Dec 2021)
    - Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron (Dec 2021)
    Glad to see they are reprinting the Ed Brubaker Captain America omni's so quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Always happy to see another classic character from the Silver Age getting a reprint. Missed them all the first time they came out so it’s been over 10-15 years since then. Just need a reprint of the first omnibuses of silver age Hulk, original X-Men and the Avengers and I’ll be very happy.

How do you pre-order these volumes I usually buy from Amazon UK and the one I need is The Mighty Thor. Thanks for any replies.
    Hail Hydra!