Page 116 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 16661061121131141151161171181191201261662166161116 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 20773
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    I had a pretty good year with Omni's, my issue is I have this thing I do where I "save" some of the most critically acclaimed runs for later. Almost like I'm trying to save the best for last or something, and now my backlog is ridiculous because I can't bring myself to read Astonishing xmen omni I bought 5 years ago for fear I might read something after that doesn't live up to it. I honestly cant tell what I bought this year unless it was a 2015 release, they all just blend into my backlog.
    Well, to be fair, it may be the only Post-Claremont X-Men run worth reading. Most of the last 15 years has been trash.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member

I couldn't disagree more - I find Claremont to be creepily bondage obsessed, amateurish, and juvenile, and Morrison's New X-Men, Ellis' brief X-Man and Milligan's X-Force/X-Statix to be the only worthwhile X-Comics.
    Last edited by missingmarch; 01-21-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    I couldn't disagree more - I find Claremont to be creepily bondage obsessed, amateurish, and juvenile, and Morrison's New X-Men, Ellis' brief X-Man and Milligan's X-Force/X-Statix to be the only worthwhile X-Comics.

Fantastic Member

superhero comics being juvenile? no way!

(mostly agreeing with you, though)

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Well, to be fair, it may be the only Post-Claremont X-Men run worth reading. Most of the last 15 years has been trash.
    Wow. What writers do you like then?

Claremont was an idea man and had some good ideas but for the most part his writer deteriorated around issue 201 or so.
    I agree, there's been a lot of great X-Men since. Morrison, Ellis, Milligan, Whedon, Brubaker and some - dare I say it - Bendis wasn't so bad.

Some here might crucify you for this. Even though you're on point.

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    Some here might crucify you for this. Even though you're on point.
    He coasted on the his first 100 issues of uncanny, but what a job he did on those! Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past alone!

My biggest come up last year was def the UXF Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Attachment 31516

Sigh, thank you for the quality control Marvel.

Of course OCD not liking this one bit and exchanging.
    You know as well as I do that quality control at Marvel's printer is "half-assed"! ;-)

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    Is there a difference in build/quality between complete collections and epic collections?
    Ever-so-slightly. Epics are bigger and the paper is slightly more matte (i.e., not as glossy).

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Sorry, I have no clue how to search for anything in these forums. A while back, did Krisis post a Road to Secret Wars reading list with graphic novels from the Ultimate Universe? Or was I dreaming this? Don't ask why I have reoccurring dreams of Krisis.
    LOL. That doesn't sound like me, because I don't follow Ultimate at all. I've been pretty quiet on the comic guide front since I launched the last few pages.
    Last edited by krisis; 01-21-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Wow. What writers do you like then?

Claremont was an idea man and had some good ideas but for the most part his writer deteriorated around issue 201 or so.
    I agree, there's been a lot of great X-Men since. Morrison, Ellis, Milligan, Whedon, Brubaker and some - dare I say it - Bendis wasn't so bad.
    I will say I haven't read much if the Gillen stuff, and I usually like him. Brubaker and Fraction were doing the worst work I've seen from them in the book. I've never liked Seagle or Casey, Davis is a much better artist than writer, and I absolutely despize Brian Michael Bendis from his X-Men, Avengers, and Guardians work. I won't even mention Austen. I am a huge Morrison fan, but I'm hesitant to read his run since from the sound of it he had no idea how to write Magento. Plus, he killed Jean, who I really like as a charcter. Every other X-Book I liked (Remender's X-Force, PAD's X-Factor, Carey's Legacy, New X-Men,..) I consider separate from official X-Men team books.

Oh, and I didn't find find Aaron's WatXM good enough to read past issue 10. And I HATED Schism, Decimation, Utopia, and Avengers vs X-Men. And Hope Summers might be my most hated fictional character ever. I despise her.

And I'm a very recent reader, so its not like I'm biased against the changes or anything. I just find the stories and ideas to be terrible. The only recent X-characters I liked are Dr. Nemesis and Zero. And they ruined Zero immediately.

Oh, and Lemire, a writer I usually love, is now writing the main X-Book, which I was really hyped up for. As of issue four, it is almost unreadably bad.

The X-Men are my favorite characters. I can't really tolerate subpar writing on their books.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 01-21-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Checking instocktrades and looks like both Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus and FF Hickman Vol 2 omnibus are not available. Wonder if they are just waiting for new stock from the warehouse clearance.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...ing)/FEB140829

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-02/JUN140714

All-New Member

This is a bit nitpicky but does anyone know if there is a non "movie cover" version of this GOTG OHC book "Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 1 HC Book Market Movie Cover?"
    http://amzn.com/0785194002

Quote Originally Posted by Vannatar View Post
    This is a bit nitpicky but does anyone know if there is a non "movie cover" version of this GOTG OHC book "Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 1 HC Book Market Movie Cover?"
    Theres a rocket one, that was direct market.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vannatar View Post
    Yep like Canucked said, there's a DM variant with Rocket on it drawn by McNiven. I think you can get it for around $35 or so on eBay in new shape if you can't find it anywhere else cheaper.