All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    4 issues for OMIT and 6 for Origin of Species, so it'd be pretty light w/o some padding. Amazing Spider-Man Presents: American Son by Brian Reed (4 issue mini) would fit in there, I think, both chronologically and thematically. There was an ASM digital series out around then, too, that might have a story arc or two worth collecting (but I didn't read it so that's a guess)
    There was also the rest of the Web of Spider-Man series that ran during that era--#8-12 (originally collected as Spider-Man: The Extremist would pad out another Complete Collection nicely. 19 issues would make up a good Complete Collection, plus any of the Web of Spider-Man backup stories that weren't covered in the Gauntlet Complete Collections.

As for Omnibuses of Dan Slott's Spider-Man run, it seems so obvious that I'm surprised they haven't happened already. I'm especially surprised that Slott's Tony Stark: Iron Man got an omnibus first. Or that we didn't get a Superior Spider-Man omnibus when the second Superior series came out. Not to mention that if I remember correctly, the Slott-era OHCs only started during the Superior-era---the only OHC released of the 'Big Time era' was Spider-Island, so an omnibus would be especially welcome.

Cheers Raffi. I'm really excited for the Ultimate Spider-Man reprint... and them hopefully doing the whole run.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

When do these solicits come out again?
    Excalibur v.2 & Captain Britain are must gets. Captain Britain has been my long hold out whale.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

New omni announced on NMC. And I just have to ask... Who is this For??

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Agreed... never even heard of this title... but if it gets us Death's Head or some of those other Marvel UK titles, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Yeah bit of a strange choice.

Mighty Member

DC can't put out an omnibus or two of Robin (any of them!), but Marvel can do that? It's so hard being a DC fan, too . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

I am gobsmacked. I've had this on my most wanted list for years. Never, ever, ever thought it would actually happen.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I guess with Excalibur and the Captain Britain reprint they feel the iron is hot to hit this fanbase with material why they have their attention?

For me this is a pass. If available at crazy discount, like over 60% off then depending on my mood&situation I could get it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Cheers Raffi. I'm really excited for the Ultimate Spider-Man reprint... and them hopefully doing the whole run.
    You're welcome Joe. Nothing from these solicitations for me thankfully, as I've spent a ton on preorders the last year or so and I have a feeling I might be preordering some DC Omnibuses from their upcoming solicitations. I already have the original printings of USM and Captain Britain. If they decide to print further Omnibus volumes of USM, I might have to offload my USM OHCs.

Incredible Member

Is it Cap Britain's anniversary or something?

Knights of Pendragon? Bit of a weird one.

Just got a email from IST, the marvel books will be on there at 3pm est today guys.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm also very surprised as to the new upcoming Knights of Pendragon Omnibus. I was brought up on Marvel UK from the late 1970s-1980s but missed out on Marvel UK from the 1990s which this new Omnibus partially covers as I had stopped reading comics in the mid-late 1980s. What's also crazy is that I've recently bring catching up and reading single issues of the Knights of Pendragon, the Mys-Tech Wars event and some Death's Head amongst others. The first Knights of Pendragon series is very well written by Dan Abnett but the art by Gary Erskine will not be to the liking of many of you as it's very "stiffish", a very acquired taste. I would say it's the kind of art that many Brits and Marvel UK readers like myself are used to but US readers may find off-putting. The second Knights of Pendragon isn't as ground-breaking as the first one, and a more run of the mill series of a superhero team fighting various threats and the regular big shoulder pads and large chests of the 1990s. Both series guest star US heroes such as Iron Man, Black Panther and Spider-Man. Captain Britain appears sporadically in the first series but is not the main focus. Btw, there's a "Spider world" and world web in the second KoP series, and after reading it, you wonder whether Dan Slott heavily borrowed from it for Spider-Verse.

For X-Men completionists, the UXM heavily appear in the Mys-Tech Wars event included in this Omnibus which is drawn by Brian Hitch. Btw, there are several very good British artists from this Marvel UK period that would later "cross" the Atlantic. I'm kind of surprised they haven't included the "recent" Revolutionary War event as it kind of gives closure to the whole Mys-Tech situation and features the Marvel UK heroes of that time. For a complete Mys-Tech collected edition, they would also need the crossover issues of Dark Angel, Warheads, Death's Head II and Motormouth & Killpower. Maybe that will be another Omnibus. IINM, all the issues included in this Omnibus are penned by Dan Abnett. That would explain what and why they have included/excluded in this Omnibus.

I'm in two minds whether to pick it up or not.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Stern Spidey Omni is available at IST now.