Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, that would be great to see this series an oversized format BUT CB & MI13 only consists of 15 issues and an annual. They could pad it out with the second Excalibur run from 2001 which was four issues and mainly focused on Brian without the previous Excalibur (mutant) members. The recent Marvel UK Revolutionary War event (8 issues) may possibly be added but CB is only in 2 or so issues and as I wrote in my previous post, that event basically gives closure to the whole Mys-Tech event/situation. Another option would be to add the two Union Jack mini-series and create a Captain Britain/Union Jack Omnibus.
    There is also the 6 issue Wisdom mini series that set up MI 13.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    There is also the 6 issue Wisdom mini series that set up MI 13.
    Yes, there is but that's a MAX series, and Marvel don't usually mix MAX with "regular" series but who knows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, there is but that's a MAX series, and Marvel don't usually mix MAX with "regular" series but who knows.
    I thought about that. But Marvel recently included the Meltdown mini series in Wolverine Vol 2. Meltdown was an Epic imprint for mature audiences. The line of reasoning is that kids aren't picking up books with a $100 price tag. Plus the Wisdom mini was written by teh CB and MI 13 writer. I'd guess it's more likely to be included than omitted.

Re: Slott Spider-man Omnibus books - in all honesty, I'd prefer them to actually give us the final OHC collection of his run, instead of that Red Goblin ohc that left issues out

Incredible Member

I hope Marvel continues to do hardcover box-sets. I’d even pick up a reprint of the Civil War set, but specific runs would be awesome to see too.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I thought about that. But Marvel recently included the Meltdown mini series in Wolverine Vol 2. Meltdown was an Epic imprint for mature audiences. The line of reasoning is that kids aren't picking up books with a $100 price tag. Plus the Wisdom mini was written by teh CB and MI 13 writer. I'd guess it's more likely to be included than omitted.
    Yes, it is possible them putting them together as Paul Cornell wrote both.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Re: Slott Spider-man Omnibus books - in all honesty, I'd prefer them to actually give us the final OHC collection of his run, instead of that Red Goblin ohc that left issues out
    It is so odd they did that, I mean come on! It's been years since his run ended

Astonishing Member

New Marvel omnibus coming out in February 2022.

DEAR GOD

I never dreamed this day would come.

Invaders? They are making some odd picks recently.

Sold off the complete collections a few years back and always regretted it.

Will definitely be picking up the omnibus! However, I am afraid of how big this thing will be...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Invaders? They are making some odd picks recently.
    And as a fan of Knights of Pendragon, I am very thankful for odd picks.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Being waiting for more 1970s Bronze Age omnibuses. I wondered if they would make 2 volumes from all the Invaders material but it’s looks like they will be squeezing it all in one massive volume. Wow,must be 50+ issues there.

Now if they would only bring out more Bronze Age stuff like Marvel Team up, Marvel Two In One, The Man called Nova, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man and a 2nd vol. of the Defenders, that will keep me happy for the next few years.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Being waiting for more 1970s Bronze Age omnibuses. I wondered if they would make 2 volumes from all the Invaders material but it’s looks like they will be squeezing it all in one massive volume. Wow,must be 50+ issues there.

Now if they would only bring out more Bronze Age stuff like Marvel Team up, Marvel Two In One, The Man called Nova, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man and a 2nd vol. of the Defenders, that will keep me happy for the next few years.
    I'm glad we're finally getting the Invaders in Omnibus format. Like you, I love 70s Marvel and would love them to do the original Nova and PPTSSM soon.

Mighty Member

How are the two Sam Wilson: Captain America Complete Collections? Mostly, I'm wondering if they're good on their own, or do you really need to have read Remender's previous Cap run and/or read something afterwards to feel like you got the whole story? I feel like there's a pretty big "Sam Wilson" sized hole in my library, so if that isn't good, I'd take recommendations for something else

TIA
    Blue text denotes sarcasm