Page 117 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 17671071131141151161171181191201211271672176171117 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 20773
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Yep like Canucked said, there's a DM variant with Rocket on it drawn by McNiven. I think you can get it for around $35 or so on eBay in new shape if you can't find it anywhere else cheaper.
    Thanks guys it really helped after I knew what to look for

Did anyone get the OHC of Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 that has just been released? How is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Checking instocktrades and looks like both Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus and FF Hickman Vol 2 omnibus are not available. Wonder if they are just waiting for new stock from the warehouse clearance.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...ing)/FEB140829

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-02/JUN140714
    Keeping an eye on this as I will be updating the omnibus oop list. I talked with a comic shop owner who said 32 of the 40 omnibus titles in the clearance sale are now oop at diamond. Some titles were gone in minutes and some lasted a few hours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Did anyone get the OHC of Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 that has just been released? How is it ?
    Seems fine to me, then again I don't have huge beef with Marvel's supposed decreased production quality on OHC's. Book has a sewn binding, mine stays open from one of the first pages. Printed cover like the other OHC's from Marvel Now or whatever they're calling it now. Paper is fine to me.

Also just received Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2 and Deadpool Classic Omnibus Volume 1!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Keeping an eye on this as I will be updating the omnibus oop list. I talked with a comic shop owner who said 32 of the 40 omnibus titles in the clearance sale are now oop at diamond. Some titles were gone in minutes and some lasted a few hours.
    Probably X-Statix. Hanging on til the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Seems fine to me, then again I don't have huge beef with Marvel's supposed decreased production quality on OHC's. Book has a sewn binding, mine stays open from one of the first pages. Printed cover like the other OHC's from Marvel Now or whatever they're calling it now. Paper is fine to me.

Also just received Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2 and Deadpool Classic Omnibus Volume 1!
    Thanks dude. Any chance of some pics ?

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

I do not own anything in omnibus form but I have been getting the smaller collected editions in either HC and TPB from time to time when I can find them locally on the cheap. This past spring I was able to get caught up with Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run by individual volume thanks to B&N gift cards from family members. I recently picked up his Fantastic Four/FF volumes the same way. I found the individual Secret Warriors volumes at a LCS but didn't buy them because I saw that they were available as complete collection TPBs in two volumes. This is a huge step for a guy who has been collecting single issues since the mid-80's!

I understand the pros of omnibus bricks. You get a large/complete collection of titles in one huge book. The cons are (for me anyway) that they are so expensive. Even when they are discounted they can be as high as $50. Plus, I don't think they look good on a bookshelf. They are kind of bland and almost remind me of some of those thick Stephen King novels. Why are they so popular? A majority of the time I read my comics while lying down. I would think that the omnibus books would be heavy and difficult to read like that. I am not totally against the omnibus. I just need help in understanding the big attraction to them.

Anyone else really digging the Epic Collections? I'm just in love. I can't get enough but looking at their print schedule, it's going to be a LOOOOOONG time before they complete any main series.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Anyone else really digging the Epic Collections? I'm just in love. I can't get enough but looking at their print schedule, it's going to be a LOOOOOONG time before they complete any main series.
    I adore the Epics. Marvel struck the perfect size:qualityrice:content balance on them. I'm all-in for every line unless it's a one-off where I already have the Masterwork. It's even more exciting now that some of them are connecting for contiguous multi-book runs!

Really my one gripe is that they didn't take the chance to do an all-titles-integrated Spider-Man, since so much of Web and Spectacular are uncollected. This would give the Epics great market position against already existing Spider-Man collections because it would represent the "complete" Spidey. Oh, well.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    My biggest come up last year was def the UXF Omnibus.
    This was my Marvel whale acquisition of 2015 as well.
    DC whale was Teen Titans by Perez vol.1
    My Image one was Spawn Origins Deluxe vol.2
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Where is this print schedule, BTW?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

When Gaiman is done, Marvel better not wait an eternity to do a Miracleman omnibus. That's the biggest Marvel thing I await.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    So how did everyone do in 2015 on the Omnibus front? My Marvel Omnibus collection increased by 13 to 57, whereas my DC Omnibusses now total 16. This is what I picked up:

Marvel
    Annihilation: Conquest
    Avengers (Silver Age) Vol. 2
    Avengers by Kurt Busiek & George Perez Vol. 1
    Uncanny Avengers

DC
    Batman: The Golden Age Vol. 1
    Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Volumes 1-2
    2015 was a pretty tame year for on the comics and statue front
    PS: making the list i gues it's not super tame but it's mostly cheap TPBs.

Marvel

Fantastic Four by Hickman 2 Omni
    Annihilation Conquest Omni
    X-Men Onslaught Omni
    Superior Spider-Man 3 OHC
    Thor God of Thunder 1 OHC
    Thor God of Thunder 2 OHC
    Nova Annihilation OHC (stupid buy of the year)
    Realm of Kings OHC (my steal of the year i guess)

DC TPBS (catch-up order)

Final Crisis Rogues Revenge
    Final Crisis Revelations
    Flashpoint
    Kingdom Come
    Robin To kill a Bird
    Nightwing The Target
    Azrael Death's Dark Knight
    Superman /Batman Torment
    Batman Poison Ivy Casting Shadows
    Batman Life After Death
    Batman the Eye of the Beholder
    Batman The Wrath
    Batman International
    Batman Zero Year Secret City
    Batman Dark Knight Cycle of Violence ~ Clay
    Batman Detective Emperor Penguin ~ The Wrath
    B&R Born to Kill ~ Pearl ~ Death of the Family ~ Requiem for Damian
    Year One (TP I had the ohc)
    Catwoman When in Rome (TP I had the OHC)
    Batgirl Redemption ~ the Darkest Reflection ~ Knightfall Descends
    Batwoman Hydrology ~ To Drown the World ~ World's Finest
    Wonder woman Blood
    Birds of Prey Death of Orcale
    Red Hood Lost Days
    Brightest Day 1-3
    GL Brightest Day
    GL Emerald Warriors
    GL War of the Green Lanterns
    GLC Revolt of the Alpha Lanterns
    GL Revenge of the Black Hand
    JL Throne of Atlantis
    Aquaman The Trench
    Spectre Crimes and Judgment ~ The Wrath of God
    Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
    All Star Superman 2
    Fables 15-20
    Fairest 1
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Amazing Member

I bought too many books in general to list, but strictly omnis from last year:

Marvel
    Fantastic Four V3
    S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Avengers V1 and 2
    Golden Age Marvel Comics
    Captain America V1 (Silver Age)
    Captain America by Jack Kirby

DC
    Invisibles
    Jack Kirby's The Losers
    Jack Kirby's The Demon
    Walt Simonson's Orion

Other
    Technopriests Supreme Collection
    The White Lama HC
    Bouncer HC
    Complete Soulwind
    Alec: The Years Have Pants HC
    Satellite Sam

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    I do not own anything in omnibus form but I have been getting the smaller collected editions in either HC and TPB from time to time when I can find them locally on the cheap. This past spring I was able to get caught up with Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run by individual volume thanks to B&N gift cards from family members. I recently picked up his Fantastic Four/FF volumes the same way. I found the individual Secret Warriors volumes at a LCS but didn't buy them because I saw that they were available as complete collection TPBs in two volumes. This is a huge step for a guy who has been collecting single issues since the mid-80's!

I understand the pros of omnibus bricks. You get a large/complete collection of titles in one huge book. The cons are (for me anyway) that they are so expensive. Even when they are discounted they can be as high as $50. Plus, I don't think they look good on a bookshelf. They are kind of bland and almost remind me of some of those thick Stephen King novels. Why are they so popular? A majority of the time I read my comics while lying down. I would think that the omnibus books would be heavy and difficult to read like that. I am not totally against the omnibus. I just need help in understanding the big attraction to them.
    Well, I usually find them not that expensive imo. $50 for 30 issues is very acceptable for me, that's half as much as singles. Also, they look awesome on the shelf imo but that's subjective. I've mean straying away from Marvel omni's though, they priced me out of most new releases. Most of my money goes to DC and DH now.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47