Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DOCTOR STRANGE EPIC COLLECTION: THE VAMPIRIC VERSES TPB
    Volume #9 in the Doctor Strange Epic Collections
    Written by ROY THOMAS, DANN THOMAS, JEAN-MARC LOFFICIER, FABIAN NICIEZA & HOWARD MACKIE
    Penciled by BUTCH GUICE, GEOF ISHERWOOD, JIM VALENTINO, GENE COLAN, RON LIM, CHRIS MARRINAN, TONY DEZUNIGA, JAVIER SALTARES & MORE
    Cover by GENE COLAN
    The return of the vampires! Doctor Strange once wiped bloodsuckers from the face of the Earth — but now they rise again, beginning with one very close to Stephen! Brother Voodoo has the answer for the problem: zombies?! And what is Zom — besides big trouble in a tiny form? Dormammu unleashes his Mindless Ones on New York City, captures Clea and renders Doctor Strange powerless! Does this mean Baron Mordo will be the new Sorcerer Supreme? A possessed Topaz needs help finding the special ingredients to exorcise her demon, and her shopping list includes the fur of Werewolf by Night and the flame of Ghost Rider! And as Thanos exerts his grip on the Marvel Universe, Strange plays a crucial role in the Infinity Gauntlet saga! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME #14-33 and GHOST RIDER (1990) #12.
    504 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93074-5
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLLECTION: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS VOL. 5 TPB
    Written by JO DUFFY, BOB LAYTON, DAVID MICHELINIE, LINDA GRANT, ROY RICHARDSON,
    RANDY STRADLEY & ARCHIE GOODWIN
    Penciled by RON FRENZ, LUKE MCDONNELL, BOB MCLEOD, DAVID MAZZUCCHELLI, TOM PALMER,
    KLAUS JANSON & AL WILLIAMSON
    Cover by TOM PALMER
    The search for Han Solo! Determined to rescue their friend from his carbonite prison, the heroes of the Rebel Alliance undertake mission after mission to track him down — while staying one step ahead of the Empire! But Darth Vader remains equally determined to capture Luke Skywalker, and — with the evil Emperor Palpatine — prepares one final trap to reunite father and son. It all culminates in a gorgeous comic book adaptation of Return of the Jedi — but the story doesn’t end there! The rebels have one final mission: to defeat the last remnants of the Empire and create a New Republic to unify the galaxy once more. But another Dark Lord is waiting in the wings! Collecting STAR WARS (1977) #74-88, STAR WARS ANNUAL (1979) #3 and STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI #1-4.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92989-3

CONAN THE BARBARIAN EPIC COLLECTION: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS — THE CURSE OF THE GOLDEN SKULL TPB
    Volume #3 in the Conan the Barbarian Epic Collections
    Written by ROY THOMAS
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA with NEAL ADAMS & RICH BUCKLER
    Cover by GIL KANE
    Roy Thomas and John Buscema join forces to build CONAN THE BARBARIAN into one of the greatest comic book series of all time! Conan wanders the lands of Hyboria, eventually finding himself pressed into duty as a soldier in the army of his one-time foe, King Yedzigerd! Along the way, Conan travels the swamps of Stygia, the jungles of Kush and Zembabwei and the Eastern realm of Khitai — confronting monsters, demons and bloodthirsty warriors! Thomas adapts Robert E. Howard classics like “The Blood of Belshazzar” and spins all-new tales including the fan-favorite “The Shadow in the Tomb!” And Neal Adams stops by to illustrate “The Curse of the Golden Skull,” teaming Conan with Juma against the wicked sorcerer Rotath! Collecting CONAN THE BARBARIAN (1970) #27-42 and CONAN ANNUAL #1.
    336 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92956-5

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

New Marvel omnibus coming out in February 2022.
    OMG! YESSSSSS!

Wait ... so very happy about the news, but to nitpick, only the first cover is by Frank Robbins. The second one is Kirby, I believe, with a heavy 'assist' from Johnny Romita. And the third one is by Gil Kane. I'm really not sure how he made that error, since Gil Kane and Kirby and Romita >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frank Robbins, and even more importantly they are all so distinctive in their styles.

I really wish they'd gotten someone like Alex Ross or Kare Andrews or Mark Brooks to do a cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    DEAR GOD

I never dreamed this day would come.
    OMG! Me either! That's why I bought the Complete Collections when they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Invaders? They are making some odd picks recently.
    Thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Sold off the complete collections a few years back and always regretted it.

Will definitely be picking up the omnibus! However, I am afraid of how big this thing will be...
    This is my second nitpick. The two Complete Collections have a few more issues, like the Roger Stern and Steve Epting 'mini' in Marvel Universe that also came out in the 1990s. Sad to see that orphaned. I hope they correct that error. I'd even trade off on some of those Golden Age issues.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Invaders Omni is Awesome!
    I've been doing a personal deep dive on them. They have always been a team I read some spot issue or appearance along the way of my 35+yrs reading comics.
    I'm essentially going backward.
    Just read Chip Z's run. Next up is the full Robinson run. Just last night I bought the now 17yr old New Invaders Chuck Austen "Once an Invader" trade that leads into the short lived 9 issue New Invaders series where once again Walker is Captain America on a team with Union Jack and Blazing Skull.
    I'll now have the original series to read last next year!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Invaders Omni is Awesome!
    I've been doing a personal deep dive on them. They have always been a team I read some spot issue or appearance along the way of my 35+yrs reading comics.
    I'm essentially going backward.
    Just read Chip Z's run. Next up is the full Robinson run. Just last night I bought the now 17yr old New Invaders Chuck Austen "Once an Invader" trade that leads into the short lived 9 issue New Invaders series where once again Walker is Captain America on a team with Union Jack and Blazing Skull.
    I'll now have the original series to read last next year!

It's an interesting comparison to read Zdarsky's Invaders and Robinson's Invaders. Z focuses on Namor, and then Cap, whereas Hammond gets short shrift -- can't wait for what happened to him to be reversed. But Robinson focuses on Jim Hammond.

Blazing Skull is hilarious in New Invaders.

There's also the Alex Ross inspired Invaders trilogy of mini-series: Avengers / Invaders; The Torch; Invaders Now.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I’d kill for a volume two with a lot of of the stories already mentioned; the closest I’ve ever come to custom binding was gathering a bunch of older Invader appearances with the plan to get them custom bound, but I never actually did it. In addition to the stuff already mentioned I was going to include Waid/Garney’s 3-issue story from Cap: Sentinel of Liberty; some of Byrne’s Namor stuff, specifically Spitfire’s de-aging; the Joey Chapman/Baron Blood 2-issue story from Stern/Byrne’s Cap run; probably both Union Jack minis. A few other appearances. Alas! Maybe I can will a volume 2 with a lot of this stuff into existence...

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Happy to hear there are other Invaders fans here.

As a kid in the 80s I almost had a complete run of this title due to getting each issue at 15 cents from the used book store that had tons of bronze age comics for sale. You could get 10 for a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I really wish they'd gotten someone like Alex Ross or Kare Andrews or Mark Brooks to do a cover.
    I agree. Btw, Kaare Andrews did such a great cover for the Golden Age Marvel Comics Vol. 2 Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

This is my second nitpick. The two Complete Collections have a few more issues, like the Roger Stern and Steve Epting 'mini' in Marvel Universe that also came out in the 1990s. Sad to see that orphaned. I hope they correct that error. I'd even trade off on some of those Golden Age issues.
    Are you sure? I checked the listings of the Complete Collections and all the issues seem to be included in the Omnibus. Which specific issues will be missing?

Btw, one of the selling points for me is Union Jack. I'll be picking up the DM Variant with the cover from Invaders #20.

Results of Omar's Omnibus Reprint poll

1. X-Men Fall of the Mutants OHC
    2. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Volume 1
    3. X-Men Omnibus Volume 1
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus Volume 1
    5. War of Kings Omnibus
    6. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Volume 2
    7. Star Wars: Darth Vader Omnibus
    8. Fantastic Four by Hickman Omnibus Volume 2
    9. Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus
    10. Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Volume 1
    11. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 1
    12. Daredevil by Frank Miller Omnibus
    13. X-Men Omnibus Volume 2
    14. Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus Volume 2
    15. Avengers by Busiek and Perez Omnibus Volume 1
    16. Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred Omnibus
    17. Secret Wars Omnibus
    18. War of the Realms Omnibus
    19. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 4
    20. X-Men/Avengers Onslaught Omnibus

Good to see Iron Fist there. Surprised to see ASM Vol. 1 as that's an evergreen and will get reprinted again. A shame Straczynski's Thor didn't make the list.

Incredible Member

Surprised Hickman's Secret Warriors isn't a wanted thing by people.

My thoughts within the quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Results of Omar's Omnibus Reprint poll

1. X-Men Fall of the Mutants OHC Don't want it
    2. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Volume 1 Got it
    3. X-Men Omnibus Volume 1 Don't want it
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus Volume 1 Got it
    5. War of Kings Omnibus Want it
    6. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Volume 2 Got it
    7. Star Wars: Darth Vader Omnibus Got it
    8. Fantastic Four by Hickman Omnibus Volume 2 Got it
    9. Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus Got it
    10. Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Volume 1 Got it
    11. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 1 Got it
    12. Daredevil by Frank Miller Omnibus Got it
    13. X-Men Omnibus Volume 2 Don't want it
    14. Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus Volume 2 Want it
    15. Avengers by Busiek and Perez Omnibus Volume 1 Got it
    16. Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred Omnibus Got it
    17. Secret Wars Omnibus Don't want it
    18. War of the Realms Omnibus Got it
    19. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 4 Got it
    20. X-Men/Avengers Onslaught Omnibus Don't want it

Good to see Iron Fist there. Surprised to see ASM Vol. 1 as that's an evergreen and will get reprinted again. A shame Straczynski's Thor didn't make the list.
    JMS Thor? Got it.

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Raffi Ol D'Arcy;5510697]Results of Omar's Omnibus Reprint poll

1. X-Men Fall of the Mutants OHC have the OHC
    2. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Volume 1 pass
    3. X-Men Omnibus Volume 1 pass
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus Volume 1 definitely want this... thinking about buying the 2nd volume just in case this gets a reprint soon
    5. War of Kings Omnibus pass
    6. Avengers by Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Volume 2 pass
    7. Star Wars: Darth Vader Omnibus pass
    8. Fantastic Four by Hickman Omnibus Volume 2 will definitely get
    9. Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus pass
    10. Daredevil by Brubaker Omnibus Volume 1 pass
    11. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 1 pass
    12. Daredevil by Frank Miller Omnibus pass
    13. X-Men Omnibus Volume 2 pass
    14. Fantastic Four John Byrne Omnibus Volume 2 pass
    15. Avengers by Busiek and Perez Omnibus Volume 1 have it already
    16. Silver Surfer by Slott and Allred Omnibus pass
    17. Secret Wars Omnibus have it already
    18. War of the Realms Omnibus pass
    19. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 4 pass
    20. X-Men/Avengers Onslaught Omnibus have it already

Geez... a lot more "passes" than I would've thought... how does no one else but me want an Acts of Vengeance reprint??

Amazing Member

HAs anyone read the X of Swords HC? Was able to pick one up off the Target website at $60, thank goodness.

Is it compiled in reading order or by title?? I’ve been reading all the x-titles since House of X via trades and only one I’m missing is XFactor which hasn’t been released yet. Any thoughts on if I should wait on that before I jump into the HC?

Quote Originally Posted by ignition View Post
    Geez... a lot more "passes" than I would've thought... how does no one else but me want an Acts of Vengeance reprint??
    Acts of Vengeance was a mediocre concept that was horribly executed, in my opinion.

The only good part of AoV I've read was the X-Men part with Psylocke, Wolverine and The Mandarin - and that was only good because it ignored the overall AoV storyline and just did its' own thing.

Did the Empyre omnibus get pushed back or did I remember the release date wrong? I thought my TOW preorder said it was shipping today, now it says august.
    Last edited by csista; 04-27-2021 at 11:17 PM.