Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Where do you pre-order from?
    I live in Poland and preorder from two Polish Comic online sites: multiversum.pl and atomcomics.pl

Quote Originally Posted by atureoglu View Post
    Hey guys. First time in here and love to see a great community that collects mainly omniboo like me!

Does anyone got their "Predator: The Original Years Omnibus Vol. 1 HC" pre-order canceled? This was one of my most anticipated collections for a long time
    Welcome! Great to have you here with us. As per TurtleDog's link, it looks like there's a rights issue with Predator.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The Roy Thomas/Neal Adams issues in Vol 2 are great. The rest of the material is for completists.
    What is a completist? You mean someone who will actually spend $100+ on something that they can just display on their bookshelf but will not actually read it or enjoy reading it? That’s kinda weird.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    What is a completist? You mean someone who will actually spend $100+ on something that they can just display on their bookshelf but will not actually read it or enjoy reading it? That’s kinda weird.
    *Raises hand*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    It’s second nature for a lot of comics readers, unfortunately. Goes hand in hand with the collecting aspect.

I admit I was an X-Men omnibus/OHC completist for years. What finally broke me of that habit was when the post-Onslaught pre-Morrison era started getting collected. Professor X going into outer space with a bunch of Skrulls and that whole The Twelve storyline actually led to me quitting the X-books for a while back when they were first published, so there was no way I was spending money on them again. Also, shelf space is finite and these books aren’t small.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I live in Poland and preorder from two Polish Comic online sites: multiversum.pl and atomcomics.pl
    I see. Do they offer any discounts, similar to IST?

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I see. Do they offer any discounts, similar to IST?
    Yes but not as high as IST. At the moment, multiversum.pl has the better discounts on pre-orders. They have a ~68-70% discount on pre-orders and currently also have a special several months ahead preorder section on DC collected editions which have not yet been officially solicited such as Flash Johns Vol. 3 Omnibus and Batman No Man's Land Vol. 1 Omnibus, amongst many others.

The below is what I replied to someone else on the Packaging....thread:

If you mean shipping outside of Poland, check the below:
    Multiversum:
    https://multiversum.pl/_cms/view/105...-shipping.html
    Atom comics:
    Send them an email or call to establish shipping costs
    SKLEP@ATOMCOMICS.PL
    +48 795 441 424

I would say that atomcomics.pl have the edge with regards to receiving comics from them in near mint condition and they have great customer service. I have received a comic or two from Multiversum with some very slight damage but they cover themselves claiming that their comics are not in ideal condition. However, at present they have the best preorder price and the majority of my preorders have been from them even though they are not as flexible in dealing with problems.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 05-08-2021 at 11:59 PM.

All-New Member

Did the Kirby War/Romance Omnibus come out last week? I don’t see it on IST and am surprised it would have sold out right away.

One Omnibus reprint and a new Omnibus for January 2022:

From Garuda on the Masterworks Boards:

Various tidbits from Omar's weekly Q&A yesterday as David Gabriel popped in to the live chat:

This is all from memory but there's a really helpful poster called theFinalShadow who's adding timestamps to the key points every week now and that's also in the video description too.

Defenders Omnibus Vol. 2 - yes
    ASM by Nick Spencer Omnibus - maybe
    Several of the Top 20 Omnibus reprints are happening in 2022
    There'll be some Conan Omnibus reprints in 2022
    There will be more Sgt Fury collections
    More Thor reprints inc. omnis to coincide with the movie
    King In Black Omnibus in Spring 2022 maybe

Extraordinary Member

Hi all. Sorry if this isn't allowed here.

I've decided to sell of my sealed Claremont Uncanny X-Men as I don't like the story having read it on Unlimited, but, purchased the collections a few years ago. I have a new sealed omnibus for the third volume and just received a £100 Ebay bid. I'm a little cautious as the buyer has some odd feedback so I feel it may be a scam, but, broadly, I am interested in finding out where is a good place to find FAIR prices? I do of course want to make some profit but I've seen prices range from £80 to £200.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Hi all. Sorry if this isn't allowed here.

I've decided to sell of my sealed Claremont Uncanny X-Men as I don't like the story having read it on Unlimited, but, purchased the collections a few years ago. I have a new sealed omnibus for the third volume and just received a £100 Ebay bid. I'm a little cautious as the buyer has some odd feedback so I feel it may be a scam, but, broadly, I am interested in finding out where is a good place to find FAIR prices? I do of course want to make some profit but I've seen prices range from £80 to £200.
    Forgive me my naivity and inexperience with ebay, but how do you get scammed by the buying party?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Forgive me my naivity and inexperience with ebay, but how do you get scammed by the buying party?
    They may claim it never turned up or something like that. Maybe I'm just paranoid as this is my first ever Ebay sale!

Update: Someone just paid the asking price!
    Last edited by DebkoX; 05-09-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    One Omnibus reprint and a new Omnibus for January 2022:

video isn’t working for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    video isn’t working for me...
    Hmmm, it's still working for me. Maybe try this link.