Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Any opinions on the Namor by Byrn omnibus?
    I enjoyed it, mostly. Byrne's art is pretty good (I think it was after this book where his work started to suffer). But I wasn't a fan of Jae Lee when he started out on this book.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

INCREDIBLE HULK EPIC COLLECTION: CRISIS ON COUNTER-EARTH TPB
    Volume #6 in the Incredible Hulk Epic Collections
    Written by STEVE ENGLEHART, ROY THOMAS & GERRY CONWAY with ARCHIE GOODWIN, STEVE GERBER, CHRIS CLAREMONT & TONY ISABELLA
    Penciled by HERB TRIMPE
    Cover by HERB TRIMPE
    Hulk takes a trip to Counter-Earth, where he confronts his most-hated enemy: Bruce Banner! Add in the Rhino and the Abomination, and the action and drama can’t be contained! Then, the Hulk heads north to Canada — where the X-Men’s Mimic returns, and the Wendigo makes its debut! And the drama continues when Betty Ross is mutated into the Harpy! Next, the green goliath sets out on a path of revenge against a murderer’s row of earth-shaking enemies — including Juggernaut, Cobalt Man and a second encounter with Rhino and Abomination! Finally, the Hulk lands in Attilan, where the Inhumans are forced to launch him into outer space to prevent the destruction of their home. But where the Hulk lands will surprise him — and a cosmic saga alongside the messianic Adam Warlock awaits! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #157-178.
    472 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92916-9
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: WORLD’S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE TPB (NEW PRINTING)
    Volume #1 in the Fantastic Four Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    In 1961, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby lit the fuse of the greatest revolution in comic book history — the Marvel Age of Comics — and it started right here, in the pages of FANTASTIC FOUR! With the space race on, Reed Richards, Ben Grimm, Sue Storm and Johnny Storm shoot for the stars — but after their craft is bombarded by cosmic rays, they return to Earth with the startling powers of the Fantastic Four! These weren’t just any super heroes, though — the Fantastic Four were a realistic, relatable, bickering and loveable family that couldn’t pay their rent and didn’t always love their powers. So crack open this Epic Collection and enjoy the beginning of the series that earned the name “The World’s Greatest Comic Magazine!” Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #1-18.
    456 PGS./All Ages …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93154-4

FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: BATTLE OF THE BEHEMOTHS TPB
    Volume #7 in the Fantastic Four Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE with ARCHIE GOODWIN
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA with JOHN ROMITA SR. & JACK KIRBY
    Cover by JOHN BUSCEMA
    Only an artist as immortal as John Buscema could fill Jack “King” Kirby’s Galactus-sized shoes on FANTASTIC FOUR! “Big John” joins Stan the Man on a timeless run in this collection of FF from the early ’70s. Johnny Storm and Crystal develop their romance, Ben Grimm learns to change into Thing at will, Reed Richards takes on Annihilus and Janus in the Negative Zone and none other than Doctor Doom teams up with the FF to face the awesome threat of the Over-Mind! Then, Gabriel the Air-Walker debuts as Galactus’ new herald, and he’s arrived on Earth to force the Silver Surfer to submit to the Big G’s will — or the planet dies! All this, plus the return of the Monster from the Lost Lagoon! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #105-125.
    464 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92913-8

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: WORLD’S GREATEST COMIC MAGAZINE TPB (NEW PRINTING)
    Volume #1 in the Fantastic Four Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    In 1961, Stan Lee and Jack Kirby lit the fuse of the greatest revolution in comic book history — the Marvel Age of Comics — and it started right here, in the pages of FANTASTIC FOUR! With the space race on, Reed Richards, Ben Grimm, Sue Storm and Johnny Storm shoot for the stars — but after their craft is bombarded by cosmic rays, they return to Earth with the startling powers of the Fantastic Four! These weren’t just any super heroes, though — the Fantastic Four were a realistic, relatable, bickering and loveable family that couldn’t pay their rent and didn’t always love their powers. So crack open this Epic Collection and enjoy the beginning of the series that earned the name “The World’s Greatest Comic Magazine!” Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #1-18.
    456 PGS./All Ages …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93154-4
    Wow, how many printings did this one have? Shows once more that it's stupid to pay over cover for first Volumes in the epic line, at least for the main lines... Better invest that money in obscure Punisher or Excalibur volumes

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Any opinions on the Namor by Byrn omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I enjoyed it, mostly. Byrne's art is pretty good (I think it was after this book where his work started to suffer). But I wasn't a fan of Jae Lee when he started out on this book.

The Byrne art is great, but the writing is mixed. There's things that Bryne did to 'fix' things that didn't need to be fixed. His take on Namor is more sedate, sort of like the Atlas era Everett Namor, but not as fun. Then half way through the run he decided he really was more interested in writing Iron Fist and other characters.

I LOVED the Jae Lee and Bob Harras run. It is a shock following directly after Byrne, and it's definitely 90s EXTREME art -- but more moody and arty then just BULGING muscles. The story line was dark fantasy, with the introduction of an ancient sorcerer king and queen -- great stuff! The big problem was that Jae Lee left before it was finished and I think there were a couple of artists on the end of the run.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The Byrne art is great, but the writing is mixed. There's things that Bryne did to 'fix' things that didn't need to be fixed. His take on Namor is more sedate, sort of like the Atlas era Everett Namor, but not as fun. Then half way through the run he decided he really was more interested in writing Iron Fist and other characters.

I LOVED the Jae Lee and Bob Harras run. It is a shock following directly after Byrne, and it's definitely 90s EXTREME art -- but more moody and arty then just BULGING muscles. The story line was dark fantasy, with the introduction of an ancient sorcerer king and queen -- great stuff! The big problem was that Jae Lee left before it was finished and I think there were a couple of artists on the end of the run.
    Thanks. But do you find it worth the buy?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thanks. But do you find it worth the buy?
    It was worth it to me, but I'm a huge Namor fan. Objectively, if you like Byrne of that era, then yes, it is worth it. Or if you'd like to read a sword and sorcery tale through a 90s lens, then yes. It really is two distinct books. I'm surprised that they collected them together.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Finally, I can get those Uncanny Omnibuses. I only got vol 1 so this is good for me. Gonna be a pricey 2 months.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Tom Muller on his Twitter posted the cover for the first Reign of X TPB.

I love his design so much and the cohesion he has brought to the X-titles

https://twitter.com/hellomuller/stat...057538/photo/1

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

So Omar announced that the Silver Surfer by Stan Lee omnibus is getting a corrected reprint. Does anyone know what we can do if we have the omnibus with the misprinted pages (337 and 338 switched around)? Do we just have to eat our losses?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    So Omar announced that the Silver Surfer by Stan Lee omnibus is getting a corrected reprint. Does anyone know what we can do if we have the omnibus with the misprinted pages (337 and 338 switched around)? Do we just have to eat our losses?
    It already had a reprint last year that took care of those issues. What Omar talking about (I guess) is just that they are printing more copies. I don't think anything has been said about any replacements or anything.
    I am curious though if this new printing will have better paper quality or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Finally, I can get those Uncanny Omnibuses. I only got vol 1 so this is good for me. Gonna be a pricey 2 months.

Upcoming Omnibus reprint:

X-Men/Avengers: Onslaught Omnibus reprint confirmed (January 2022):

Back in print/to be restocked:

X-Men Inferno Omnibus (11/10/2021)
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 4 (11/17/2021)
    New Mutants Omnibus Vol. 1 (11/24/2021)
    Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 1 (11/24/2021)
    Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus (12/01/2021)
    Fantastic Four Omnibus Vol. 1 (12/01/2021)
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 (12/08/2021)
    Captain America by Ed Brubaker (12/08/2021)
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 (12/15/2021)
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 2 (12/15/2021)
    Astonishing X-Men Omnibus (12/15/2021)
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 1 (12/02/2021)
    Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 (12/02/2021)

Very surprised & disappointed Excalibur is not listed.

I slept on the initial release and before you knew it...poof! GONE.

However, the fact that they are restocking so many titles...great job Marvel!

Need the first two UXM omnis, and Onslaught.

Onslaught came out when I was still fairly young and the idea of the entire MU coming together to fight and OMG NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN! still held a certain sway with me. I’ve read it again in the years that followed, and I totally see all of its flaws now, but this’ll be a must-have nostalgia buy for me.