Page 1190 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1906901090114011801186118711881189119011911192119311941200 ... LastLast
Results 17,836 to 17,850 of 18082
  1. #17836
    Spectacular Member sho nuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    119

    Default

    You are the best turtledog. Thank you!

  2. #17837
    Spectacular Member doolittle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    236

    Default

    DCBS order this month smashed me.

    New Mutants v2
    X-Men v1
    What If? v2
    No Man's Land v1
    Hickman FF v1
    Starlin Warlock Gallery Edition OHC

    This is the biggest order I can remember making. >$300

  3. #17838
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    I was wondering does anybody know why X-Men & Fantastic Four by Zdarsky wasn't included in the Dawn of X tpbs?

    It seems pretty integral to the overall story, but it is separate.

  4. #17839
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was wondering does anybody know why X-Men & Fantastic Four by Zdarsky wasn't included in the Dawn of X tpbs?

    It seems pretty integral to the overall story, but it is separate.
    Yeah that's a weird one.

    Previously I would have said that it was more FF-centric, and important to their story, but the way Slott recently brushed it under the rug made me think it was an X-office mandate. Fast forward and it's seemingly been abandoned on both sides, so who knows what happened behind the scenes... *shrug*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  5. #17840
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah that's a weird one.

    Previously I would have said that it was more FF-centric, and important to their story, but the way Slott recently brushed it under the rug made me think it was an X-office mandate. Fast forward and it's seemingly been abandoned on both sides, so who knows what happened behind the scenes... *shrug*
    True, but in recently in the Hellfire Gala there is a scene with the FF and the X-Men that seems to indicate it may still come to pass

  6. #17841
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Since it's the topic of the moment: I have all 16 of the Dawn of X tpbs and am about to start reading through the whole thing from HOXPOX (re-read) through X of Swords - where is a good spot to read the X-Men/FF series? Any other related series worth reading in there?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  7. #17842
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Since it's the topic of the moment: I have all 16 of the Dawn of X tpbs and am about to start reading through the whole thing from HOXPOX (re-read) through X of Swords - where is a good spot to read the X-Men/FF series? Any other related series worth reading in there?
    As far as I remember, Franklin doesn't appear in any of the other X-books, and his story is basically confined to the mini and subsequent issues of Fantastic Four. You could probably read the mini anytime between Dawn of X Vol. 1 and X of Swords and be fine...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  8. #17843
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    As far as I remember, Franklin doesn't appear in any of the other X-books, and his story is basically confined to the mini and subsequent issues of Fantastic Four. You could probably read the mini anytime between Dawn of X Vol. 1 and X of Swords and be fine...?
    I think I can manage that, thanks!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  9. #17844
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Since it's the topic of the moment: I have all 16 of the Dawn of X tpbs and am about to start reading through the whole thing from HOXPOX (re-read) through X of Swords - where is a good spot to read the X-Men/FF series? Any other related series worth reading in there?
    Basing it on Kitty's costume, I would say it probably fits in between volume 1 and volume 2; however, it is pretty self contained

  10. #17845
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Is anyone here going to buy the Spider-Gwen omni? Can you read it without any knowledge? And can you read it as a stand alone or do you need more with it?

  11. #17846
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Is anyone here going to buy the Spider-Gwen omni? Can you read it without any knowledge? And can you read it as a stand alone or do you need more with it?
    I've read all the material in it. She participates in Spider-verse after the first issue, which gets mentioned, but the main story is self-contained.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  12. #17847
    Mighty Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I've read all the material in it. She participates in Spider-verse after the first issue, which gets mentioned, but the main story is self-contained.
    Thanks. I'll read the first issues online. If I like it I'll go for the omnibus.

  13. #17848
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was wondering does anybody know why X-Men & Fantastic Four by Zdarsky wasn't included in the Dawn of X tpbs?

    It seems pretty integral to the overall story, but it is separate.
    Currently all the x-titles include Jonathan Hickman in the credits as Head of X, but X-Men/fantastic four didn't, so it was probably created apart from Hickman's plans.

    It's also true that latest marauders (I think) references that miniseries, which makes it even more confusing. Anyway the miniseries was not very interesting in my opinion, which is sad because I really like Franklin as a character

  14. #17849
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Is anyone here going to buy the Spider-Gwen omni? Can you read it without any knowledge? And can you read it as a stand alone or do you need more with it?
    When she first came out with the other Gwen_____ spoof/riff characters I figured she would go away. The joke over.
    However, here we are and Marvel has kept her and given this alt-u Gwen purpose in 616. Are these stories good or starts jokey and turns serious near the end? Serious meaning it becomes clear the writers are taking her and evolving her.
    OR
    Would it be ones opinion the characters trajectory was never spoof-ish and I misread this characters intentions from editorial from the start?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  15. #17850
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    When she first came out with the other Gwen_____ spoof/riff characters I figured she would go away. The joke over.
    However, here we are and Marvel has kept her and given this alt-u Gwen purpose in 616. Are these stories good or starts jokey and turns serious near the end? Serious meaning it becomes clear the writers are taking her and evolving her.
    OR
    Would it be ones opinion the characters trajectory was never spoof-ish and I misread this characters intentions from editorial from the start?
    Spider-Gwen is played straight and serious, like Miles Morales. It's not Gwenpool or Squirrel Girl, for example.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •