Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Are there plans to reprint Daredevil by Frank Miller omni in the near future? I thought I heard some news about it...

Astonishing Member

I would like to read Conan from the beginning and read that the Epic Coll. are recolored.

The Omnibi isn't, but its pretty expensive for my taste.

Then I saw a Dark Horse collection, and now I am confused.

What would you recommend?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Are there plans to reprint Daredevil by Frank Miller omni in the near future? I thought I heard some news about it...
    No one knows, but it is likely to happen in the next several years.

Or you could get on board with the Master Marvelworks, which just caught up to the start of Frank Miller's run on Daredevil. That's what I did.

Mighty Member

https://smile.amazon.com/X-Men-Epic-...dp/130293452X/

The Bishop's Crossing Epic contents are up on Amazon (one assumes the other stuff from Omar's last Epic reveal video will be up soon if they aren't now):

The coming of Bishop! The reunited X-Men have expanded into two squads — and while the blue team take on Omega Red and learn secrets of Wolverine’s past, the gold team broker peace with the Hellfire Club! But when advanced Sentinels crash the party, one X-Man may not survive! Then, guns blazing, the man called Bishop arrives from the future pursuing hundreds of escaped convicts through time — and finds himself stranded in the present! Bishop was raised to idolize the X-Men…but he knows a deadly secret waiting in their future! Plus, Colossus is reunited with his brother, the X-Men face the machinations of Mojo — and the blue team battles a New Orleans Brood infestation alongside Ghost Rider and…Gambit’s wife?!

COLLECTING: Uncanny X-Men (1981) 281-288, Uncanny X-Men Annual (1992) 16, X-Men (1991) 4-9, X-Men Annual (1992) 1, Ghost Rider (1990) 26-27

Should be one more before X-Cutioner's Song
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 07-06-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

Thanks to the "celebrity author tax" that first one's gonna run you $100, the second $125.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Don't forget the YA Special released during Vol 1 and the Children's Crusade YA one shot drawn by Alan Davis. That'd bump up the issue count by two for both options, as they're both written by Heinberg.
    Hardcover
    $100.00
    COLLECTING: Young Avengers (2005) 1-12, Young Avengers Special (2005), Avengers: The Children's Crusade (2010) 1-9, Avengers: The Children's Crusade - Young Avengers (2011) 1, Uncanny X-Men (1981) 526 (B story)

The Young Avengers omnibus will only collect the Heinberg & Cheung material, which includes the specials mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    With Hawkeye getting an Epic collection that contains his mini series from the early 80s, I tried to take a guess at the content.

Material from Tales of Suspense 57, 60, 64 (his first appearances as an Iron Man enemy)

Material from Avengers 16, 19, 20 (Joining the team and his history with the Swordsman)

Avengers 63-65 (Becoming Goliath and introducing his brother Barney) 109 (spotlight issue where he quits the team)

Daredevil 99, Incredible Hulk 166, Marvel Team Up 22 (various guest appearances after quitting)

Champions 11 and Ghost Rider 27 (appearances of him and Two Gun Kid while taking a break from the Avengers)

Avengers 189, Marvel Team Up 92, Material from Marvel Fanfare 3 (Stories of Clint as head of security for CTE)

Avengers 223 (spotlight issue with Ant Man)

Hawkeye 1-4

I'm leaving out a lot of Avengers and Defenders issues where Clint is part of the ensemble instead of the focus. They are still important to his history, but it's hard to isolate just the Clint appearances.

PS Thanks to Crushing Krisis for his reading order

https://crushingkrisis.com/collectin...reading-order/
    COLLECTING: Hawkeye (1983) 1-4; Avengers (1963) 16, 63-65, 189, 223; Marvel Team-Up (1972) 22, 92, 95; Captain America (1968) 317; material from Tales of Suspense (1959) 57, 60, 64; Marvel Tales (1964) 100; Marvel Fanfare (1982) 3, 39; Marvel Super Action (1976) 1

I was pretty close. It looks like they are including the early Bobbi Morse appearances without Hawkeye. And they are not including the early misc appearances outside the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    https://smile.amazon.com/X-Men-Epic-...dp/130293452X/

The Bishop's Crossing Epic contents are up on Amazon (one assumes the other stuff from Omar's last Epic reveal video will be up soon if they aren't now):

The coming of Bishop! The reunited X-Men have expanded into two squads — and while the blue team take on Omega Red and learn secrets of Wolverine’s past, the gold team broker peace with the Hellfire Club! But when advanced Sentinels crash the party, one X-Man may not survive! Then, guns blazing, the man called Bishop arrives from the future pursuing hundreds of escaped convicts through time — and finds himself stranded in the present! Bishop was raised to idolize the X-Men…but he knows a deadly secret waiting in their future! Plus, Colossus is reunited with his brother, the X-Men face the machinations of Mojo — and the blue team battles a New Orleans Brood infestation alongside Ghost Rider and…Gambit’s wife?!

COLLECTING: Uncanny X-Men (1981) 281-288, Uncanny X-Men Annual (1992) 16, X-Men (1991) 4-9, X-Men Annual (1992) 1, Ghost Rider (1990) 26-27

Should be one more before X-Cutioner's Song
    I think the next one will include X-Cutioner's Song; or at least the X-Men/Uncanny issues of the crossover. I'm not sure there's enough additional material to fill up an Epic of the 4 issues of X-Men and 5 issues of Uncanny that preceded -X-Cutioner's Song.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wouldn't that make it a double dip of the recent X-Force Epic? Plus or minus an issue or two...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

I think the next one will include X-Cutioner's Song; or at least the X-Men/Uncanny issues of the crossover. I'm not sure there's enough additional material to fill up an Epic of the 4 issues of X-Men and 5 issues of Uncanny that preceded -X-Cutioner's Song.
    Maybe? There's the Shattershot Annual event (they could include all 4 parts or just the 2 X-Men ones) that fits in there, as well. If they include the whole event (X-Force did, X-Factor didn't), that'd be 21 issues plus 2-4 annuals, which seems large. After thinking about it a bit, the most likely scenario is probably UXM 289-297, XM 10-16, and both annuals for the contents, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Wouldn't that make it a double dip of the recent X-Force Epic? Plus or minus an issue or two...?
    Yeah, I'm curious myself whether it would feature just the X-Men/Uncanny issues, or have the whole x-over.

As you say, it's already been collected in X-Force, and I'm not sure if there's been a case before a large crossover appearing in multiple epics. The corresponding X-Factor epic just collected the X-Factor issues, and not the other series. Plus, it would be a pretty big book; 21 issues at least.

On the other hand, it's as much an X-Men story as it is a Cable/X-Force story. It's a payoff for the X-Factor issues that were collected in Epic #19, and also has the origins of the Legacy Virus. And as it's already going to have half the crossover anyway, it's not a massive double dip to include the other 6 issues.

Guess we'll find out in about half a decade at least, because it'll likely be that long before Epic #21 gets released

Maybe? There's the Shattershot Annual event (they could include all 4 parts or just the 2 X-Men ones) that fits in there, as well. If they include the whole event (X-Force did, X-Factor didn't), that'd be 21 issues plus 2-4 annuals, which seems large. After thinking about it a bit, the most likely scenario is probably UXM 289-297, XM 10-16, and both annuals for the contents, but I wouldn't bet money on it.
    I thought that first too, but the Shattershot X-Men Annuals are listed in the Bishop's Crossing epic. And as they're not listed as "material from.." or Story A/B/C, I'm guessing they're including the entire contents of both in Bishop's Crossing. And as an aside, it looks like the Shattershot story isn't being collected in it's entirety in any of the Epics. I haven't read it though, so maybe it's something where each chapter can stand on it's own.

Mighty Member

I thought that first too, but the Shattershot X-Men Annuals are listed in the Bishop's Crossing epic. And as they're not listed as "material from.." or Story A/B/C, I'm guessing they're including the entire contents of both in Bishop's Crossing. And as an aside, it looks like the Shattershot story isn't being collected in it's entirety in any of the Epics. I haven't read it though, so maybe it's something where each chapter can stand on it's own.
    I completely missed Shatrershot being in Bishop's Crossing. Yeah, it's a loosely connected story - I know the X-Force part (part 4) doesn't depend on the rest of it, really. Maybe the next epic will be 20+ issues? I did not find the contents here nearly as clarifying as I expected about how the post- Blue/ Gold split would be collected.

I completely missed Shatrershot being in Bishop's Crossing. Yeah, it's a loosely connected story - I know the X-Force part (part 4) doesn't depend on the rest of it, really. Maybe the next epic will be 20+ issues? I did not find the contents here nearly as clarifying as I expected about how the post- Blue/ Gold split would be collected.
    By my reckoning, if the next epic collected up to Uncanny #296, X-Men #16, and the other X-Cutioner's Song issues (but not the Stryfe Files), it would come to 21 issues or roughly 536 pages. That would be the biggest Epic to date, but not by much; the Iron Fist Epic has 528 pages. And Marvel has printed Complete Collections of the same size, eg the Cullen Bunn Venom CC has 536 pages.

Amazing Member

Did my one else get an email from DCBS saying the Captain Britain Omnibus, Excalibur Omnibus vol 2 and Immortal Hulk OHC vol 4 we’re all cancelled by the publisher? I hope they get resolicted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    Did my one else get an email from DCBS saying the Captain Britain Omnibus, Excalibur Omnibus vol 2 and Immortal Hulk OHC vol 4 we’re all cancelled by the publisher? I hope they get resolicted.
    It's due to Marvel changing their distributer from Diamond to Penguin House. Orders through Diamond are being cancelled and are being resolicited.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-on-new-terms/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    It's due to Marvel changing their distributer from Diamond to Penguin House. Orders through Diamond are being cancelled and are being resolicited.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-on-new-terms/
    Thank you for the quick response. That’s a lot of books. They have put most of them back on the DCBS site. All at the new higher price. Ugh.