Incredible Member

Hate that YA Presents and the two minis with Runaways aren't part of the Young Avengers omni, especially as Civil War is likely to never get an omni. This is why I was glad Fear Itself (which isn't the best of events but still) is being put in the Fraction Thor omni.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Hate that YA Presents and the two minis with Runaways aren't part of the Young Avengers omni, especially as Civil War is likely to never get an omni. This is why I was glad Fear Itself (which isn't the best of events but still) is being put in the Fraction Thor omni.
    I fully expect a later edition to include that material. Captain Britain, The Eternals, Squadron Supreme did the same thing.

The only question is do I buy this and upgrade later, or just wait it out on a hunch?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I fully expect a later edition to include that material. Captain Britain, The Eternals, Squadron Supreme did the same thing.

The only question is do I buy this and upgrade later, or just wait it out on a hunch?
    I think those 3 books not being A-list items (despite Moore's involvement) allowed an "expanded" edition to be released later without too many folks raising a fuss. I think YA is big enough (due to upcoming potential Marvel shows/movies) that they'd issue it the way they actually want to the first time, for better or worse. It's like X-men; they never get expanded editions.

So I'd buy it now, is what I'm saying. If you're a YA fan and you have the Gillen omni too, then you're set. If you have the Journey into Mystery omni that sets up Loki's journey, even better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I am new to the collected editions game for the most part so I have a question. Is there any rhyme or reason to when Marvel decides to release older collected editions, not of stuff that came out in the last year? I got the first two and await the soon to be released third edition of Conan the Barbarian Epic collection. To me it seems like a less costly way to get the classic Marvel Conan stuff than going with the Omnibuses however I don't see any pending release date on the next one. When I got one I saw down the line solicits for two and when I got two I saw down the line solicits for three but nothing even in Amazon about four. Is it all random or is there a rhyme or reason to when to expect releases from Marvel (ie every two years you get a new FF and Uncanny X-Men MCC and two Omni).
    How do you like the recoloring of the Conan Epic Collections? I am thinking about getting those because the Omnibi are damn expensive.

Astonishing Member

the recoloring isn't bad at all. I am of the same mindset, I would like the stories but the omnibuses are very expensive so I am gonna roll with the Epic Collections as long as they put them out. BTW thanks Rince for the heads up on the future drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    The OHCs are missing the Unworthy Thor mini which still has me heated. They should have included it. I think its included in the new omni.
    You know what, looks like there's gonna be one final OHC of Aaron's Thor run, collecting Thor 12-16 & King Thor 1-4, which takes place after War fo the Realms (Aaron's Omni goes up to that), and wraps up his run, and this 5th OHC is not in the Omni. So since I already have the other OHCs, I'll just get this one instead of the Omni, and I should be good. Guess I'll be missing Unworthy Thor, but not a big deal.

@ Slop101 and Destro777, Unworthy isn't in this omni, but only because it doesn't collect up to that point. Going by the placement in the Complete Collections, Unworthy fits in before the War Thor arc starting in Mighty Thor #20. But the omni just announced will only collect up to Mighty #12.

The first Omni will have the Thors mini though, which wasn't collected in the OHCs.

Overall, the first omni will collect the equivalent of the two God of Thunders OHCs, the first two Thor by JA OHCs, as well as the Thors mini. It's a fair assumption that a second omni will collects the contents of the final three Thor by JA OHCs, as well as the Unworthy mini. If someone has the OHCs, all they're missing is Thors and Unworthy. And maybe War of the Realms itself, but that's only if it makes it into a second omni which isn't certain.

6C61725E-7BEA-4EF2-A240-C5037154566E.jpg
    I see it,but I don’t believe it.I guess this is the new spine which pretty much sucks.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Good God that is stupid. Atleast start it with omnis that aren't in a sequence already, know what i mean?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    I see it,but I don’t believe it.I guess this is the new spine which pretty much sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Good God that is stupid. Atleast start it with omnis that aren't in a sequence already, know what i mean?
    Yes, this is very unfortunate. I'm not a hater of the new spine although I think the font is little too small. My biggest beef is that they are doing it to all the SA runs even midway through a series of Omnibuses that have already started such as Fantastic Four and Captain America. From what I have read over on the Masterworks Forum, it's already been decided and there is no going back. It's strange, we were never informed about it alongside the release of the Defenders Vol. 1 Omnibus but we were left to debate as to whether it was a mistake at the printers level or someone had messed up the font. It's not the end of the world, in particular vwith the Defenders but it really messes up the uniformity of the started lines. I read somewhere that 90+% of Omnibus buyers are collectors. As collectors, spine uniformity does matter to us, and I do feel Marvel couldn't have cared less. There was already a slight uproar alongside the Defenders Omnibus release, but nothing was done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    It's ugly! I can't make anything else of it. It doesn't fit.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    You know what, looks like there's gonna be one final OHC of Aaron's Thor run, collecting Thor 12-16 & King Thor 1-4, which takes place after War fo the Realms (Aaron's Omni goes up to that), and wraps up his run, and this 5th OHC is not in the Omni. So since I already have the other OHCs, I'll just get this one instead of the Omni, and I should be good. Guess I'll be missing Unworthy Thor, but not a big deal.

There's another miniseries not included in the OHC s but included in the omnibus: Thors. It's not very relevant because it happens during secret wars, but it explains where the new hammer that appears in unworthy Thor is from.
    Also there will be a second omnibus that will include the rest of the OHC and miniseries for sure. The first omnibus is including 4 OHCs plus Thors, so there are still missing 3 OHCs and probably unworthy thor

For what it's worth (probably not much), someone started here a change.org petition for Marvel to go back to their previous Silver Age spines.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    For what it's worth (probably not much), someone started here a change.org petition for Marvel to go back to their previous Silver Age spines.
    Signed. Thanks ShooCat.

I just signed also.

87 signatures thus far.

If you care, please go to the link on Shoo Cat's 7/18 at 0746 comment.