Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm wondering what the title would be for a third Marvel Horror?

Marvel Horror Strikes Back
    Marvel Horror Rebirth
    Marvel Horror The Final Horror
    Do they even have enough stories to collect especially with first time appearances. Personally I'd like a Ghost Rider volume on its own or at least a Simon Garth zombie or Vampire Tales. .
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    They’ve actually done two: Marvel Horror in 2019, Marvel Horror Lives Again in 2020. The first one is OOP, but the second can still be had for under cover.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Ill have to track this one down.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I'm glad people are getting stuff they missed out on with all these reprintings, but it seems like it's taking away resources from printing and putting out new stuff that's never been omnibused.
    I agree. A few reprints here and there is always helpful to get people in on long running series, but Marvel is going OTT with them at this point. It would definitely be better to see more new stuff over the constant reprinting
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

People voted for the reprints. They’re actually giving us what we wanted.

Astonishing Member

This is a new title never before done in omnibus.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It took his 50th Anniversary to get an Omni.
    Not S1 of his show.
    Not the Defenders series either.
    Not S2 of his show.

SWEET CHRISTMAS this edtion is overdue but very welcome!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

This is a new title never before done in omnibus.
    Long overdue but Sweet Christmas I'm definitely buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I disagree with this position. This not a zero sum game with a hard limit on the number of releases from Marvel. Instead Marvel is following demand and sales. When new material sells, Marvel responds by adding new releases. When reprints sell, Marvel responds by adding reprints. They do this by increasing their resources to match the market. They do not cancel new releases because of reprintings. In some cases, reprints of old volumes can make it easier to release new material. This happened with New Warriors after the first volume was reprinted.

Not only are the most wanted reprints getting released, not only are the most wanted new material getting released, but we're also seeing series like Knights of Pendragon or Handbook to the Marvel Universe getting released.
    As Hive mentioned above, there are finite resources - I'm not saying that for each reprint we're missing out on something new, but I'm sure they have to put off and/or delay some new material in lieu of so many reprints (which are more of a sure thing, sales wise), especially with covid still slowing things down.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It took his 50th Anniversary to get an Omni.
    Not S1 of his show.
    Not the Defenders series either.
    Not S2 of his show.

SWEET CHRISTMAS this edtion is overdue but very welcome!!
    Yeah, exactly and I could say the same with Iron Fist. No reprint of Immortal Iron Fist or an Omnibus of the earlier stuff whereas we get various announced Moon Knight Omnibuses before the series has been aired, Power Pack Omnibuses (why?), Alias/Jessica Jones Omnibus reprinted twice IINM....sometimes no rhyme or reason. Maybe we'll finally see those Iron Fist Omnibuses in 2024 on his 50th anniversary

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, exactly and I could say the same with Iron Fist. No reprint of Immortal Iron Fist or an Omnibus of the earlier stuff whereas we get various announced Moon Knight Omnibuses before the series has been aired, Power Pack Omnibuses (why?)
    I mean… maybe because Power Pack is a fondly-remembered series with ties to the Fantastic Four and X-Men, versions of the characters continue to appear in kid-targeted limited series, and their series was smack in the middle of Marvel’s ‘80s golden era?

They may not be to your taste, and that’s totally fine! But let’s not pretend that Iron Fist is a bigger name than Power Pack these days, or that anyone remembers the quality of his series being better than that of Power Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I mean… maybe because Power Pack is a fondly-remembered series with ties to the Fantastic Four and X-Men, versions of the characters continue to appear in kid-targeted limited series, and their series was smack in the middle of Marvel’s ‘80s golden era?

They may not be to your taste, and that’s totally fine! But let’s not pretend that Iron Fist is a bigger name than Power Pack these days, or that anyone remembers the quality of his series being better than that of Power Pack.
    I have nothing against Power Pack and I'm happy for fans regarding the Omnibuses. I was referring to the choices made by Marvel, Power Pack was one that came to mind. Iron Fist had two seasons on Netflix and was in the Defenders. All we got was an Epic for S1 a reprint of that same Epic for S2 and another tpb or two whereas other characters get Omnibuses seemingly on the strength of one upcoming movie/series.

Spectacular Member

So disappointed in myself for clicking on this

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    So disappointed in myself for clicking on this
    I steered clear. What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by actionjackson2099 View Post
    People voted for the reprints. They’re actually giving us what we wanted.
    I'm definitely happy with it. I get to rectify the mistake of not buying Hickman's FF omnibus volumes in the past, as well as Brubaker's first 3 Cap omnibus volumes.

And I'm sure plenty of people missed out on the Wolvie omnibus when it was first printed.....Plus, we're still getting some interesting new omnis, like Luke Cage & Invaders.

Astonishing Member

Another new omnibus coming in Spring 2022.