Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So, I've been wanting to finish off Slott's run on Spidey and I have all of the new collections up to Worldwide.

I know Marvel has released three oversized books but the last one is completely jacked because four of the issues that is has is already in Clone Conspiracy and I definitely do not want to double dip.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/amazi...de/4050-97872/

They also released an oversized Red Goblin book but it is missing Annual #42 (even though it says it does) and to my knowledge they never released any other book that contains all of the issues between volume three and Red Goblin.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/amazi...n/4050-113686/

Does anyone know if Marvel is finally going to release this volume of Spidey in a coherent manner?
    Unless they release omnibus for this run I think this will stay as it is. It's been too long for it to be fixed
    And the problems with releasing omnibus is that he was 10 years writing Spider-man, and that would be a lot of Omnibus, so it may never happen. I have that ohc collection and it's very disappointing to have those missing issues

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Unless they release omnibus for this run I think this will stay as it is. It's been too long for it to be fixed
    And the problems with releasing omnibus is that he was 10 years writing Spider-man, and that would be a lot of Omnibus, so it may never happen. I have that ohc collection and it's very disappointing to have those missing issues
    Man, I might just have to tpb for the issues then.

That is really disappointing, because I really love Slott's run

Thanks for the info

Question for the X-fans, specifically with Hickman.

I have the HoX/Pox hardcover. It's good. I like it.

Haven't paid attention to anything past that. I know they started releasing trade collections of all the X-titles line by issues(all the first issues, then all the second issues, etc), and I think they started releasing trades of the individual titles. I know there are some solicits for some oversized hardcovers too. But, to me, it looks like collecting this is a bit of a mess? Or is there a solid mapping of post-HoX/PoX oversized hardcovers coming?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

Haven't paid attention to anything past that. I know they started releasing trade collections of all the X-titles line by issues(all the first issues, then all the second issues, etc), and I think they started releasing trades of the individual titles. I know there are some solicits for some oversized hardcovers too. But, to me, it looks like collecting this is a bit of a mess? Or is there a solid mapping of post-HoX/PoX oversized hardcovers coming?
    No, I think you’ve pretty much got the gist, it’s not very organized right now. There’s an OHC each for Excalibur and Marauders up to X of Swords, there’s an X of Swords OHC/slim Omni, there’s an Omni with all of Hickman’s X-Men run coming, there’s OHC collections for Hellfire Gala and Inferno, and then there’s solicits for OHCs for some of the second-wave series that started with Wolverine (but those seem to be subject to change in terms of release date and what they’re collecting). All of these at least use the same branding style as the HoX/PoX hardcover, but nobody’s really sure how definitively the era will be collected in the end.

There’s also a bit of mystery about X-Force and New Mutants, which theoretically should’ve received OHCs alongside Excalibur and Marauders. I’m betting we’ll eventually get Omnis for them, but for now it’s all up in the air. I also wouldn’t be surprised if one day we get Dawn of X and Reign of X Omnis that work like the trade paperbacks, but it seems like that’ll be years down the road if it ever happens.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrGeneric View Post
    No, I think you’ve pretty much got the gist, it’s not very organized right now. There’s an OHC each for Excalibur and Marauders up to X of Swords, there’s an X of Swords OHC/slim Omni, there’s an Omni with all of Hickman’s X-Men run coming, there’s OHC collections for Hellfire Gala and Inferno, and then there’s solicits for OHCs for some of the second-wave series that started with Wolverine (but those seem to be subject to change in terms of release date and what they’re collecting). All of these at least use the same branding style as the HoX/PoX hardcover, but nobody’s really sure how definitively the era will be collected in the end.

There’s also a bit of mystery about X-Force and New Mutants, which theoretically should’ve received OHCs alongside Excalibur and Marauders. I’m betting we’ll eventually get Omnis for them, but for now it’s all up in the air. I also wouldn’t be surprised if one day we get Dawn of X and Reign of X Omnis that work like the trade paperbacks, but it seems like that’ll be years down the road if it ever happens.
    I’ve been reading all the titles via trades. When an OHC gets announced I sell the trades on eBay to offset the cost. I’ve been enjoying most of the series except new mutants as it seems kind of all over the place with multiple writers. Just finished reading X of Swords and thought it was a great crossover. Looking forward to the gala and inferno collections

Im still eagerly awaiting a Ghost Rider epic. I wonder what era theyll start with?

Surely youve seen the news that Hickman is leaving the X-Men, pretty much forced out early, and his original full story idea will never be told?
    To me not worth going any further beyond the Hickman written works.
    Which is:
    Hox/Pox HC
    Hickman Xmen Omni (Hickman's full XMen and Giant Sized Xmen run minus the X of Swords issues - out Dec 2021)
    X of Swords HC or TPB (huge XM crossover event but plenty of garbage-tier non-hickman written issues)
    New Mutants by Hickman TPB (all the Hickman written New Mutants issues)
    Inferno HC (Hickman's last Xmen story - out 2022)
    Last edited by Destro777; 08-28-2021 at 07:40 PM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    I’ve been reading all the titles via trades. When an OHC gets announced I sell the trades on eBay to offset the cost. I’ve been enjoying most of the series except new mutants as it seems kind of all over the place with multiple writers. Just finished reading X of Swords and thought it was a great crossover. Looking forward to the gala and inferno collections

The Hickman portion of X of Swords was great (and the Hellions portion was consistent with the quality of the Hellions title, as a whole, which I enjoy), but I thought the rest of X of Swords was horrible. Most of the other titles made it into a comedic farce, it's best read with Hickman's issues, alone.

What sucks for Hellions fans is, aside from the single issues, the only way to get the Hellions portion of X of Swords, in collected form, is via the X of Swords hardcover. So they're kind of forced to read that entire mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Im still eagerly awaiting a Ghost Rider epic. I wonder what era theyll start with?

Surely youve seen the news that Hickman is leaving the X-Men, pretty much forced out early, and his original full story idea will never be told?
    To me not worth going any further beyond the Hickman written works.
    Which is:
    Hox/Pox HC
    Hickman Xmen Omni (Hickman's full XMen and Giant Sized Xmen run minus the X of Swords issues - out Dec 2021)
    X of Swords HC or TPB (huge XM crossover event but plenty of garbage-tier non-hickman written issues)
    New Mutants by Hickman TPB (all the Hickman written New Mutants issues)
    Inferno HC (Hickman's last Xmen story - out 2022)

How was Hickman forced out? I thought it was voluntary, and primarily due to Hickman doing that Substack project with a few other writers who were all frustrated by the publishing delays caused by the pandemic.....It's definitely a shame Hickman won't be able to tell the completely story like he intended, although nothing ever lived up to the initial House of X/Powers of X storyline (Which I thought was fantastic). The only part of the ongoing X-Men run that got close to that level was "The Vault", which was pretty cool and is in the 3rd tpb.

I assumed Hickman's main X-Men run would get better as it went on, and I've always been under the assumption that it wasn't as good as House of X/Powers of X because HoX/PoX was planned out, whereas the ongoing run was after Marvel offered Hickman $$$ to do an ongoing after that initial set of limited series sold so well.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 08-29-2021 at 03:06 AM.

Basically Hickman was ready to move the story along but the rest of the writers wanted to keep things how they are which caused Hickman to have to change up his story. He wasn't allowed essentially to put the pieces in place he needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    How was Hickman forced out? I thought it was voluntary, and primarily due to Hickman doing that Substack project with a few other writers who were all frustrated by the publishing delays caused by the pandemic.....It's definitely a shame Hickman won't be able to tell the completely story like he intended, although nothing ever lived up to the initial House of X/Powers of X storyline (Which I thought was fantastic). The only part of the ongoing X-Men run that got close to that level was "The Vault", which was pretty cool and is in the 3rd tpb.

I assumed Hickman's main X-Men run would get better as it went on, and I've always been under the assumption that it wasn't as good as House of X/Powers of X because HoX/PoX was planned out, whereas the ongoing run was after Marvel offered Hickman $$$ to do an ongoing after that initial set of limited series sold so well.
    In my interpretation of the Hickman leaving the X-line interviews:
    Hickman planned 3 major acts for his X-run - much of it hinted at, teased, and set up in all of his issues. Act 1 was the Krakoa-era. Hickman was ready to move to act 2 and the rest of the writers and editorial wanted to stay in act 1. He decided then, he had to leave.

Fans of Hickman know he plays the long game - his signature style is to plan his run in its entirety. Almost everything hes written, if read as the single issues come out, has lulls - peaks and valleys - and some stuff or entire issues intentionally dont even make sense at first - but in the end he usually ties everything together. In my opinion his post Hox/Pox Xmen sat in one of these lulls - he told some lower key story beats in the Krakoa-era while the rest of the Xmen line did their thing - just biding his time to pivot to the next major arc - which will now never happen. Hickman's FF4, East of West, and Avengers took a long time to wind up and deliver, especially Avengers - imagine those getting cut short and not being able to tell the full story - in my opinion thats what happened here.

From the moment Hox/Pox dropped I kinda found it hard to believe Marvel was letting him get away with going so big - and I had reservations so I was going just to trade wait and see exactly how they were going to collect this thing - rather than buy every Xmen related issue. (it also didnt help that none of the other writers' books were anywhere close to the level of Hickman. People in my LCS keep saying: "Duggan's Xmen is pretty cool man." But Duggan is no Hickman - not even close).

In the end, turns out I was right to have those reservations - Marvel was not going to let him get away with his original story idea. The Krakoa era was just selling too well I guess - and now we'll never see the actual follow up as it was originally planned. One of the more disappointing turn of events in my comic collecting career.
    Last edited by Destro777; 08-29-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

In my interpretation of the Hickman leaving the X-line interviews:
    Hickman planned 3 major acts for his X-run - much of it hinted at, teased, and set up in all of his issues. Act 1 was the Krakoa-era. Hickman was ready to move to act 2 and the rest of the writers and editorial wanted to stay in act 1. He decided then, he had to leave.

Fans of Hickman know he plays the long game - his signature style is to plan his run in its entirety. Almost everything hes written, if read as the single issues come out, has lulls - peaks and valleys - and some stuff or entire issues intentionally dont even make sense at first - but in the end he usually ties everything together. In my opinion his post Hox/Pox Xmen sat in one of these lulls - he told some lower key story beats in the Krakoa-era while the rest of the Xmen line did their thing - just biding his time to pivot to the next major arc - which will now never happen. Hickman's FF4, East of West, and Avengers took a long time to wind up and deliver, especially Avengers - imagine those getting cut short and not being able to tell the full story - in my opinion thats what happened here.

From the moment Hox/Pox dropped I kinda found it hard to believe Marvel was letting him get away with going so big - and I had reservations so I was going just to trade wait and see exactly how they were going to collect this thing - rather than buy every Xmen related issue. (it also didnt help that none of the other writers' books were anywhere close to the level of Hickman. People in my LCS keep saying: "Duggan's Xmen is pretty cool man." But Duggan is no Hickman - not even close).

In the end, turns out I was right to have those reservations - Marvel was not going to let him get away with his original story idea. The Krakoa era was just selling too well I guess - and now we'll never see the actual follow up as it was originally planned. One of the more disappointing turn of events in my comic collecting career.

That's a shame. It's also surprising they did that, considering the fact Hickman's title was the strongest selling book in the entire line-up. They'll likely regret the decision when Duggan's run starts dipping lower in sales compared to its predecessor.

It would be cool if they just ask Hickman to come back when they're ready for his other world-building shake-ups, but I doubt that'll happen......Now if only Hickman could start releasing the concluding storyline to Black Monday Murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    It would be cool if they just ask Hickman to come back when they're ready for his other world-building shake-ups, but I doubt that'll happen......Now if only Hickman could start releasing the concluding storyline to Black Monday Murders.
    hmmm...it appears there's a pattern with Hickman not finishing his stories which is worrisome.
    As you mentioned Black Monday Murders - also I dont think Manhattan Projects was ever finished. He did semi wrap up Shield after a multi-year long delay. Now Xmen is in the same boat.
    Currently Reading:

Hey, was the Empyre event/cross-over any good?
    Story, writing, art?
    Looks interesting, but could go either way...
    (debating on if I should pre-order the Omni or not)

Just received my copy of 'the death of captain america'. But that is a small book for that price

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There are two days left in the week, so plenty of time for Omar to do more announcement videos. We're getting two omnis in the run up to the Thor movie, so it's entirely possible there will be two BP omnis before the BP sequel.
    Definitely in the minority here but as popular as all the planned recent material are, I do hope that they will be continuing the Silver/Bronze age material with The Mighty Thor Omnibus #4.

Incredible Member

hmmm...it appears there's a pattern with Hickman not finishing his stories which is worrisome.
    As you mentioned Black Monday Murders - also I dont think Manhattan Projects was ever finished. He did semi wrap up Shield after a multi-year long delay. Now Xmen is in the same boat.
    Also Dying and the Dead and now Decorum. This is why, although I wish Hickman the best of luck on substack, I don't have high hopes for his creator owned work, which also won't have any previews or prior info apparently.