Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Now that I got my beautiful much-hoped-for Golden Age Cap Omni Vol 2, I'm wondering if there is any hope of a Vol 3 (which would continue to where the Masterworks left off).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Also Dying and the Dead and now Decorum. This is why, although I wish Hickman the best of luck on substack, I don't have high hopes for his creator owned work, which also won't have any previews or prior info apparently.

He's starting to beat Straczynski in unfinished material.........That said, I don't mind. It would be great if he finishes all those titles (Especially Black Monday Murders, which is phenomenal), but I'm not going to scream out any lamentations over it.

As for Substack, whatever work Hickman does in that realm, I'll just trade-wait.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Now that I got my beautiful much-hoped-for Golden Age Cap Omni Vol 2, I'm wondering if there is any hope of a Vol 3 (which would continue to where the Masterworks left off).
    I'd wager it is a possibility but not one that will be seen for 3-4 years depending on other possible collections for Cap they could do.
    If for no other reason my thinking is it happens as a preservation of the material type collection. Get it restored, then collect it to recoup some funds that way.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Regardless of why Hickman is leaving - back to the collected editions of current X-Men. I was under the impression they were all largely interconnected kinda like the Superman Triangle Years? Is that not the case? Can the titles be read separately and be understood?

What ohc are there? HoX/PoX of course.

X of Swords
    upcoming Hickman omnibus(but where is issue 15 collected at?)
    upcoming Hellfire Gala?
    upcoming Inferno ohc

Is that all for Hickman co/written X-men?

upcoming Cable ohc
    upcoming Wolverine ohc
    Marauders ohc

Are those the only accompanying titles for hardcovers??

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Hickman also wrote alternating issues of New Mutants, but so far those have only been collected in TPB, and I haven't seen/heard of any plans for an OHC.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Regardless of why Hickman is leaving - back to the collected editions of current X-Men. I was under the impression they were all largely interconnected kinda like the Superman Triangle Years? Is that not the case? Can the titles be read separately and be understood?

X of Swords
    upcoming Hellfire Gala?
    upcoming Inferno ohc

upcoming Cable ohc
    upcoming Wolverine ohc
    Marauders ohc

X-Men #15 is collected in the X of Swords HC. Also there is an Excalibur HC. The titles can pretty much be read independently from one another and be understood. The only one I say may be an issue is Wolverine as it is pretty intertwined with X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Just received my copy of 'the death of captain america'. But that is a small book for that price
    Yes, very much a rip off, should of combined vol 1 and 2 into one book, same as with the daredevil reissues, could of been one omni for Bendis and one for Brubaker

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yes, very much a rip off, should of combined vol 1 and 2 into one book, same as with the daredevil reissues, could of been one omni for Bendis and one for Brubaker
    Exactly my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yeah, the 5 Omnibus volumes of Brubaker's run on Cap really shouldn't have been more than 3 volumes.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

X of Swords
    upcoming Hellfire Gala?
    upcoming Inferno ohc

upcoming Cable ohc
    upcoming Wolverine ohc
    Marauders ohc

The ongoing series do have some connections, but are only really reliant on each other during X of Swords and Hellfire Gala. Beyond that they can definitely be read on their own and follow what their own cast of characters are up to (though as someone else mentioned, Wolverine and X-Force in particular do reference each other a lot, and have the same writer).

It seems like we should eventually get all the other ongoing titles collected in HC in some way or another (apparently there’s a big Hellions collection coming down the line), but it’s a question of how they’re going to be organized and how long it’ll take for them all to come out, plus if anything will get dropped.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Hey, was the Empyre event/cross-over any good?
    Story, writing, art?
    Looks interesting, but could go either way...
    (debating on if I should pre-order the Omni or not)
    I only read the main series of Empyre so far on Marvel Unlimited and i will be gtting the TPB of the main story eventually as i collect the Marvel Events.
    Empyre was not spectacular neither terrible,i liked the continuity of the story that had references to older Marvel stories.

Astonishing Member

New Marvel omnibus coming in spring 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

New Marvel omnibus coming in spring 2022.
    Wakanda: World Of Black Panther (2 covers) - collects Rise of the Black Panther (2018) #1-6, Black Panther: World of Wakanda (2016) #1-6, Black Panther & The Crew (2017) #1-6, Black Panther: Long Live the King (2017) #1-6, Black Panther Annual (2018) #1, Amazing Spider-Man: Wakanda Forever (2018) #1, X-Men: Wakanda Forever (2018) #1, Avengers: Wakanda Forever (2018) #1, Black Panther Vs. Deadpool (2018) #1-5, Shuri (2018) #1-10, Killmonger (2018) #1-5, Black Panther & The Agents Of Wakanda (2019) #1-8, King In Black: Black Panther (2021) #1, The Last Annihilation: Wakanda (2021) #1; material from Venomverse: War Stories (2017) #1, Marvel Comics (2019) #1000, Marvel Voices (2020) #1, Marvel Voices: Legacy (2021) #1 and Black Panther (2018) #23-25.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Wakanda: World Of Black Panther (2 covers) - collects Rise of the Black Panther (2018) #1-6, Black Panther: World of Wakanda (2016) #1-6, Black Panther & The Crew (2017) #1-6, Black Panther: Long Live the King (2017) #1-6, Black Panther Annual (2018) #1, Amazing Spider-Man: Wakanda Forever (2018) #1, X-Men: Wakanda Forever (2018) #1, Avengers: Wakanda Forever (2018) #1, Black Panther Vs. Deadpool (2018) #1-5, Shuri (2018) #1-10, Killmonger (2018) #1-5, Black Panther & The Agents Of Wakanda (2019) #1-8, King In Black: Black Panther (2021) #1, The Last Annihilation: Wakanda (2021) #1; material from Venomverse: War Stories (2017) #1, Marvel Comics (2019) #1000, Marvel Voices (2020) #1, Marvel Voices: Legacy (2021) #1 and Black Panther (2018) #23-25.
    It's great they're putting all this into an Omnibus in particular for BP fans. This, however, is a miss for me. The only thing I really liked from all of this was the Rise of the Black Panther mini-series I wouldn't mind that in an OHC on its own next to a Classic BP Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    The legit only reason I'm going to get this is so Marvel and the mouse see that their is a demand for BP material. Hopefully we'll geta BP Priest but I'm not even breaking the seal on this book.