Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    The phoenix omni is a reprint of the dark phoenix omni released in 2018, not sure if it was a big seller back then and if it has different extras than uncanny 1 and 2 or just combines extras that deal with phoenix into the one omni

https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...ibus_hardcover
    Yes. I wonder if there is a specific reason why we are getting a "Phoenix Omnibus" next Summer, as opposed to X-Men book release with the material inside as they have always done prior?

I mean, it is great for Phoenix Fans, but Marvel never did this before. Perhaps a movie, cartoon or some other Jean Grey tie to the Phoenix anew?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes. I wonder if there is a specific reason why we are getting a "Phoenix Omnibus" next Summer, as opposed to X-Men book release with the material inside as they have always done prior?

I mean, it is great for Phoenix Fans, but Marvel never did this before. Perhaps a movie, cartoon or some other Jean Grey tie to the Phoenix anew?
    Probably similar to the Doctor Doom Omnibus, which is even more all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by random82 View Post
    Two new omnibus announced by nearmint

Phoenix and X treme X-men

https://youtu.be/NeGg3ih4fo0
    Been a long time coming for X-Treme X-Men and it'll definitely be a day one preorder for me. Now I just need Omar to announce a Generation X omni.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Not for me, fortunately. I'm tempted by so many Omnibuses but I need to watch my coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    The phoenix omni is a reprint of the dark phoenix omni released in 2018, not sure if it was a big seller back then and if it has different extras than uncanny 1 and 2 or just combines extras that deal with phoenix into the one omni

https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...ibus_hardcover
    Well spotted. I reckon they want to set up/promote Vol. 2 which would include AvX issues and "possessions" of Quentin Quire, Wolverine in Aaron's Avengers and the current Echo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Not for me, fortunately. I'm tempted by so many Omnibuses but I need to watch my coffers.

Well spotted. I reckon they want to set up/promote Vol. 2 which would include AvX issues and "possessions" of Quentin Quire, Wolverine in Aaron's Avengers and the current Echo series.
    I think that would probably be Vol 3 or even Vol 4. There is other Phoenix stories that could fill a Vol 2.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think that would probably be Vol 3 or even Vol 4. There is other Phoenix stories that could fill a Vol 2.
    I assume Volume 2 would have the Rachel Summers/Grey stuff from the 80s and 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I assume Volume 2 would have the Rachel Summers/Grey stuff from the 80s and 90s.
    Volume 2 could have other things in it as well. It might include some X-Factor when Jean revived, or those Phoenix Endsong issues or even The End. It could also have some X-Men Forever with some alternated Jean/Phoenix.

Vol 3 should have Rachel in it.

Vol 4 Possibly AVX stories

Vol 5? Maybe some newer Phoenix stories?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A Phoenix Omni is an easy pass for me. Most of that is collected elsewhere and I have it.

Xtreme X-Men I'll take a harder look at. I'm re-financing my house, getting a better %rate but shaving 10yrs off my mortgage by going from a 30yr(26yrs left) down to a 15yr. That means even at the better rate my payment goes up by $300. That's omni money on the table folks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A Phoenix Omni is an easy pass for me. Most of that is collected elsewhere and I have it.

Xtreme X-Men I'll take a harder look at. I'm re-financing my house, getting a better %rate but shaving 10yrs off my mortgage by going from a 30yr(26yrs left) down to a 15yr. That means even at the better rate my payment goes up by $300. That's omni money on the table folks.
    What's a mortgage payment compared to an overpriced, low quality collection of Clarmont's last great X-Men opus??

C'mon Captain, gotta keep your priorities straight!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    What's a mortgage payment compared to an overpriced, low quality collection of Clarmont's last great X-Men opus??

C'mon Captain, gotta keep your priorities straight!
    You know, you've become a bit of a negative nancy when it comes to omniboo!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    You know, you've become a bit of a negative nancy when it comes to omniboo!
    Blame it on the fact that I've had to pack up, move, and unpack my collection twice in one year!

I'm also a bit of a masochist, because as much as I've come to dislike the format, I can't stop ordering them...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I totally felt like @SJNeal was just having a bit of fun. I didn't take a serious "negative nancy" vibe from his comment. All is good.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

1 new and 1 reprint coming out in summer 2022

Amazing Member

I can’t believe the 1961 omni sold well enough they are doing a 1962. But if boring silver age books you’ve never heard of is your thing then that might be the book for you. The reprint should be evergreen. I’m glad people who haven’t read the original Spider-Man run can get it in one place again. It’s possibly my favorite silver age material.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

1 new and 1 reprint coming out in summer 2022
    Marvel: June 1962 Omnibus - collects Journey Into Mystery (1952) #83, Amazing Fantasy (1962) #15, Tales To Astonish (1959) #35, Kathy (1959) #18, Life With Millie (1960) #18, Patsy Walker (1945) #102, Kid Colt, Outlaw (1948) #106, Fantastic Four (1961) #6, Linda Carter, Student Nurse (1961) #7, Millie The Model (1945) #110, Strange Tales (1951) #100, Tales Of Suspense (1959) #33, Love Romances (1949) #101, The Incredible Hulk (1962) #3, Gunsmoke Western (1955) #72, Patsy And Hedy (1952) #84 and Rawhide Kid (1955) #30.

Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1 (New Printing)