Spectacular Member

Hoping for a Thor by Stracyzinski reprint, everytime I see a reprint announcement I hope its for that and then Im disappointed

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

New omnibus coming out in summer 2022
    This early years Silver/Bronze Age Black Panther material has been on my Omni wish list(even if it was near the end of the list) for some time.

I second that I hope one of the 2022 new Spidey Omnis will be a Spectacular vol.1, seeing as they have four volumes of MMW and a fifth will likely be solicited by then.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This early years Silver/Bronze Age Black Panther material has been on my Omni wish list(even if it was near the end of the list) for some time.

I second that I hope one of the 2022 new Spidey Omnis will be a Spectacular vol.1, seeing as they have four volumes of MMW and a fifth will likely be solicited by then.
    My dream is that they collect all spidery satellite titles in one series. Marvel Team Up/Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man/Web of Spider-Man up to the clone saga in one omnibus line.

Astonishing Member

My dream is that they collect all spidery satellite titles in one series. Marvel Team Up/Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man/Web of Spider-Man up to the clone saga in one omnibus line.
    Oh no, that wouldn't make sense because of the cross overs.

I would like to see a Marvel Team Up vo. 1 Omni or two or three with the complete series.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I think it is a safe bet we will be getting volumes of Spectacular Spider-man in Omni format. The MMW are already at four volumes, I wouldn't be surprised to see a fifth announced for 2022 with an PPSSM vol.1 Omni not long after that.

I too hope for a Web of Spider-man Omni. That satellite title was one of my favorites. It had a two part crossover with Hulk that introduced me to Mr.Fixit but anyway. Until we get Web of... MMW I doubt we will see an Omni, so we have several years to wait.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I’m all about the Brubaker DD. Missed this the first time around. Also missed the Bendis omnis the first time, but got the recent reprints, now I just need to wait for Waid’s run to be reprinted and I’ll have all the recent stuff.

I’m of the opinion Daredevil has been Marvel’s most consistently excellent series going back 20+ years (whenever Marvel Knights launched) so I’m happy to be getting caught up on the reprints.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I’m of the opinion Daredevil has been Marvel’s most consistently excellent series going back 20+ years (whenever Marvel Knights launched) so I’m happy to be getting caught up on the reprints.
    Completely agree. The Daredevil title has been consistently good to great pretty much since day one. There was the requisite Silver Age silliness of the late 60's of course, and Chichester's 90's run went off the rails toward the end, but other than that DD's always been done right, imho.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I really need to go back and read more of volume 1. I’ve read the prerequisite Frank Miller stuff, Ann Nocenti, and then I skip waaay up to Fall From Grace, but there’s a lot of holes there.

I really need to go back and read more of volume 1. I’ve read the prerequisite Frank Miller stuff, Ann Nocenti, and then I skip waaay up to Fall From Grace, but there’s a lot of holes there.
    I highly recommend the final two Epic Collections Purgatory & Paradise (Vol. 20) and Widow's Kiss (Vol. 21), they're both great!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Completely agree. The Daredevil title has been consistently good to great pretty much since day one. There was the requisite Silver Age silliness of the late 60's of course, and Chichester's 90's run went off the rails toward the end, but other than that DD's always been done right, imho.
    Chichester's run from #301 was pretty darn awful. That has to be the darkest period in Daredevil writing "Dead Man's Hand" (hot garbage), "Fall from Grace", "Tree of Knowledge", the villain Kruel....ugghh!

If you can read some of the stuff between the two Frank Miller runs which predominantly consisted of Denny O'Neill, do so. Good stuff. It was wrongly compared to the great Miller runs and expectations were high that's why it gets a bit of flack and little credit. Unfortunately, it hasn't yet been collected in Epic format.

I highly recommend the final two Epic Collections Purgatory & Paradise (Vol. 20) and Widow's Kiss (Vol. 21), they're both great!
    Yes, I also recommend these. Not amazing, but Karl Kesel and Joe Kelly wrote some solid stuff and it was a real breath of fresh air following Chichester.

Astonishing Member

New omnibus coming out in Summer 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Chichester's run from #301 was pretty darn awful. That has to be the darkest period in Daredevil writing "Dead Man's Hand" (hot garbage), "Fall from Grace", "Tree of Knowledge", the villain Kruel....ugghh!
    For me, the worst part of that run was the art. To this day I find it pretty ugly, and completely frustrating to look at and try to follow.

But theses things are subjective - or so I've heard!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

New omnibus coming out in Summer 2022

Star Wars Legends: The New Republic Vol. 1 Omnibus
    - collects Star Wars: Mara Jade – By the Emperor's Hand #0–6, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire – Evolution #1–5, Star Wars: X-Wing - Rogue Leader #1–3, Star Wars: X-Wing - Rogue Squadron #1–35 & Special , Star Wars Handbook (1998) #1; material from Star Wars Tales #10, 12, 15 & 23.

I'll probably preorder this as I've started to pick up all the SW Omnis with the exception of the Ewoks Omni and the Marvel UK one. I prefer the regular cover on this one.

For me, the worst part of that run was the art. To this day I find it pretty ugly, and completely frustrating to look at and try to follow.

But theses things are subjective - or so I've heard!
    Yes, the art predominantly by Scott McDaniel was awful. I don't think he's in general a bad artist but this has to be his ultimate low. I agree it's frustrating to look at, I come away with eyesore. It is very difficult at times to understand what's going on. A good artist can really help a bad story. In this case we had a double dose of badness. Being a Daredevil fan I collected the majority of the single issues of that period and have been picking up the Epic Collections.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Star Wars Legends: The New Republic Vol. 1 Omnibus
    - collects Star Wars: Mara Jade – By the Emperor's Hand #0–6, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire – Evolution #1–5, Star Wars: X-Wing - Rogue Leader #1–3, Star Wars: X-Wing - Rogue Squadron #1–35 & Special , Star Wars Handbook (1998) #1; material from Star Wars Tales #10, 12, 15 & 23.

I'll probably preorder this as I've started to pick up all the SW Omnis with the exception of the Ewoks Omni and the Marvel UK one. I prefer the regular cover on this one.
    Is the X-Wing series any good?
    I agree with the covers, the DM one just feels Really lazy as a book cover. But I believe the standard one is a cover from The main Shadows of the Empire series?