Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Another omnibus announcement
    Heroes Reborn: America's Greatest Heroes Omnibus - collects Heroes Reborn (2021) #1–7, Heroes Return (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Hyperion & the Imperial Guard (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Peter Parker, The Amazing Shutterbug (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Magneto & the Mutant Force (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Young Squadron (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Siege Society (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Squadron Savage (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Marvel Double Action (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: American Knights (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Night-Gwen #1 (2021), Heroes Reborn: Weapon X & Final Flight (2021) #1.

Really? Did this series even sell at all? It came and went in the blink of an eye. Even Omar was totally unenthusiastic about it. Personally, I'm not a fan of alternate takes on heroes anyway. Although, Age of Apocalypse was pretty good and I enjoyed reading the Omnibus.

Marvel, just give us the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus reprint and a Volume 2 or just one hefty expanded reprint. Also, how about a Daredevil SA Vol. 2 Omnibus and a Silver Surfer Vol. 2 Omnibus?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Ewww. More money in my pocket.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Heroes Reborn: America's Greatest Heroes Omnibus - collects Heroes Reborn (2021) #1–7, Heroes Return (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Hyperion & the Imperial Guard (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Peter Parker, The Amazing Shutterbug (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Magneto & the Mutant Force (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Young Squadron (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Siege Society (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Squadron Savage (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Marvel Double Action (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: American Knights (2021) #1, Heroes Reborn: Night-Gwen #1 (2021), Heroes Reborn: Weapon X & Final Flight (2021) #1.

Really? Did this series even sell at all? It came and went in the blink of an eye. Even Omar was totally unenthusiastic about it. Personally, I'm not a fan of alternate takes on heroes anyway. Although, Age of Apocalypse was pretty good and I enjoyed reading the Omnibus.

Marvel, just give us the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus reprint and a Volume 2 or just one hefty expanded reprint. Also, how about a Daredevil SA Vol. 2 Omnibus and a Silver Surfer Vol. 2 Omnibus?
    I see 2 possibilities.

1. The Trades of this story sold well, so Marvel is putting it in omnibus.
    2. Marvel is committed to collecting the event stories in omnibus in quick turnaround, e. g. Empyre, King in Black

Not going to pick this up. Still waiting on Volume 2 for Ultimate Spider-Man and Alpha Flight.

Mighty Member

I see 2 possibilities.

2. Marvel is committed to collecting the event stories in omnibus in quick turnaround, e. g. Empyre, King in Black

Not going to pick this up. Still waiting on Volume 2 for Ultimate Spider-Man and Alpha Flight.
    I'd wager it's 2 - showing off that any and all events will get a nice, timely omnibus is good business. And if you know that all of the events get an omnibus, you might be inclined to put them all on a shelf together, regardless of quality (I'm not naming names, but some of me are obsessive completists)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I see 2 possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'd wager it's 2 - showing off that any and all events will get a nice, timely omnibus is good business. And if you know that all of the events get an omnibus, you might be inclined to put them all on a shelf together, regardless of quality (I'm not naming names, but some of me are obsessive completists)
    Yes, 2 is probably part of the reason as well as an event in Omnibus format being partially attractive. Personally, I don't think it will be a big seller. This does actually give hope for a Devil's Reign Omnibus down the line.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I see 2 possibilities.

Or 3. Jason Aaron has dirt on someone in the trades department. I think he's got the most omnibi of any Marvel writer.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Or 3. Jason Aaron has dirt on someone in the trades department. I think he's got the most omnibi of any Marvel writer.
    Right now, Marvel loves Jason Aaron. Just look at what he did to all of the beloved characters, including the cosmic Phoenix Force.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Another announcement.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Another announcement.
    If money and space were no object I'd have started this line at vol. 1 so it's fans should be happy at a vol.4 announcement so soon.
    It's a pass but if wishes were horses and all that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Another announcement.
    Aliens: The Original Years Vol. 4 Omnibus - collects Aliens: Fast Track to Heaven (2011) OGN HC, Aliens: Colonial Marines - No Man Left Behind (2012) #1, Alien: Isolation (2014) #1, Aliens: Defiance (2016) #1-12, Aliens: Dead Orbit (2017) #1-4, Aliens: Dust to Dust (2018) #1-4, Alien 3: The Unproduced Screenplay (2018) #1-5, Aliens: Resistance (2019) #1-4, Aliens: Rescue (2019) #1-4, Alien: The Original Screenplay (2020) #1-5; material from Dark Horse Presents (2011) #12-17 and Free comicbook Day: Aliens (2016) #1.

Nah, not interested. More savings for me.

MARVEL: JUNE 1962 OMNIBUS
    Written by STAN LEE
    Penciled by JACK KIRBY, STEVE DITKO, STAN GOLDBERG, AL HARTLEY, DON HECK, JACK KELLER with GENE COLAN & DICK AYERS
    Covers by JAVIER RODRĚGUEZ & STEVE DITKO
    Where were you in June of 1962? We know where Spider-Man was: Making his historic debut in Amazing Fantasy #15. But that wasn’t the only thing going on in that all-important month in Marvel history: Thor first held aloft the hammer Mjolnir. Hank Pym donned his cybernetic helmet, becoming Ant-Man. The FF squared off against Namor and Doctor Doom. Kid Colt mixed it up with the Circus of Crime. Millie the Model got mixed up in more Hanover hijinks. Patsy and Hedy worked on their frenemy-ship. Star-crossed lovers dealt with the ups and downs of romance, all while tales of horror and fantasy stories crept from the pages of titles like Strange Tales. Marvel: June 1962 Omnibus collects every comic from this month of Marvel milestones!
    Collecting JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #83; AMAZING FANTASY (1962) #15; TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #35; KATHY #18; LIFE WITH MILLIE #18; PATSY WALKER #102; KID COLT, OUTLAW #106; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #6; LINDA CARTER, STUDENT NURSE #7; MILLIE THE MODEL #110; STRANGE TALES (1951) #100; TALES OF SUSPENSE (1959) #33; LOVE ROMANCES #101; INCREDIBLE HULK (1962) #3; GUNSMOKE WESTERN #72; PATSY AND HEDY #84 and RAWHIDE KID (1955) #30.
    504 PGS./All Ages …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94504-6
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

WAKANDA: WORLD OF BLACK PANTHER OMNIBUS
    Written by EVAN NARCISSE, ROXANE GAY, TA-NEHISI COATES, YONA HARVEY, REMBERT BROWNE, NNEDI OKORAFOR, AARON COVINGTON, DANIEL KIBBLESMITH, VITA AYALA, BRYAN HILL, JIM ZUB, GEOFFREY THORNE & MORE
    Penciled by PAUL RENAUD, JAVIER PINA, ALITHA E. MARTINEZ, JOE BENNETT, BUTCH GUICE, MACK CHATER,
    ANDRÉ LIMA ARAÚJO, MARIO DEL PENNINO, ALBERTO ALBURQUERQUE, OLEG OKUNEV, RICARDO LÓPEZ ORTIZ, LEONARDO ROMERO, PAUL DAVIDSON, RACHAEL STOTT, JUAN FERREYRA, LAN MEDINA, SCOT EATON, GERMÁN PERALTA & MORE
    Covers by SANFORD GREENE & PHIL JIMENEZ
    The wondrous nation of Wakanda is full of stories — whether they star the Black Panther, his staunchest allies or his fiercest foes! Relive the rise of T’Challa through tragedy and triumph! Join his sister, Shuri, as she balances her spiritual side with her technological genius! Discover how the boy named N’Jadaka became the deadly Erik Killmonger! See the Black Panther battle Deadpool, assemble the mighty Agents of Wakanda and tackle a Harlem murder mystery along with his Crew — Storm, Luke Cage, Misty Knight and Manifold! Plus: action-packed tales featuring the Dora Milaje, the Midnight Angels and more from the world of Wakanda! Collecting RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER #1-6, BLACK PANTHER: WORLD OF WAKANDA #1-6, BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW #1-6, BLACK PANTHER: LONG LIVE THE KING #1-6, BLACK PANTHER ANNUAL (2018) #1, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: WAKANDA FOREVER, X-MEN: WAKANDA FOREVER, AVENGERS: WAKANDA FOREVER, BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL #1-5, SHURI #1-10, KILLMONGER #1-5, BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #1-8, KING IN BLACK: BLACK PANTHER and THE LAST ANNIHILATION: WAKANDA — plus material from VENOMVERSE: WAR STORIES, MARVEL COMICS (2019) #1000, MARVEL’S VOICES #1, MARVEL’S VOICES: LEGACY and BLACK PANTHER (2018) #23-25.
    1376 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94627-2

LUKE CAGE OMNIBUS
    Written by STEVE ENGLEHART, TONY ISABELLA, DON McGREGOR & MARV WOLFMAN with ARCHIE GOODWIN, GERRY CONWAY, BILLY GRAHAM, LEN WEIN, BILL MANTLO, GEORGE PEREZ, ED HANNIGAN, ROGER SLIFER
    & CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by GEORGE TUSKA, BILLY GRAHAM, RON WILSON & LEE ELIAS with GEORGE PEREZ, RICH BUCKLER, ARVELL JONES, SAL BUSCEMA, FRANK ROBBINS, MARIE SEVERIN & BOB BROWN
    Covers by PHIL NOTO & JOHN ROMITA SR.
    Luke Cage burst onto the comics scene as a new kind of hero for a new era, a hero for hire. His exploits were set against 1970s New York’s grit and the plight of the city’s people, all while incorporating larger-than-life villains and even the occasional Avenger. As the first African-American super hero to headline in his own series, Luke Cage’s adventures were as historic as they were exciting. Now, his complete solo series is collected in one massive Omnibus edition. Experience the first appearance of Cottonmouth, Cage’s evolving relationship with Claire Temple and the debut of Bill Foster as Giant-Man. Uncover the secrets of Security City and witness Cage battle for the title “Power Man.” Collecting HERO FOR HIRE #1-16, and POWER MAN #17-47 and ANNUAL #1.
    1008 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94496-4

THE THING OMNIBUS
    Written by JOHN BYRNE, MIKE CARLIN, BOB HARRAS, JIM SHOOTER, STAN LEE, STEVE ENGLEHART, DAVID MICHELINIE, JIM STARLIN & MORE
    Penciled by RON WILSON, JOHN BYRNE, PAUL NEARY, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, AL MILGROM, BERNIE WRIGHTSON & MORE
    Covers by JOHN BYRNE & RON WILSON
    It’s clobberin’ time as the Fantastic Four’s ever-lovin’, blue-eyed idol o’ millions goes solo! Join the Thing as he takes on all comers — including the Inhumans, Wonder Man, She-Hulk and Spider-Man! But after the Secret Wars, the Thing seeks a new life on Battleworld — as Rocky Grimm, Space Ranger! It’s action and adventure, mayhem and monsters, love and loss — but is the Thing ready for what awaits him back home? And we don’t just mean the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation! Plus: a wild Thing/Hulk team-up and more classic tales of bashful Benjamin J. Grimm! Collecting THING (1983) #1-36; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #274, #277 and #296; SECRET WARS II #7; WEST COAST AVENGERS (1985) #10; QUESTPROBE #3; MARVEL TALES (1964) #198; MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: HULK & THING — THE BIG CHANGE and material from MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #15 and MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) #5.
    1160 PGS./Rated T+ Â…$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94578-7

PHOENIX OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT & JO DUFFY
    Penciled by DAVE COCKRUM, JOHN BYRNE, JOHN BOLTON, MIKE COLLINS, JOHN BUSCEMA & JERRY BINGHAM
    Covers by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN & RICK LEONARDI
    The cosmic cycle of life, death and rebirth begins as the Phoenix Force debuts! When Marvel Girl sacrifices herself to save the X-Men, she rises again…as Phoenix! Jean Grey has somehow attained power beyond conception, but Cyclops and the X-Men can only watch as Phoenix is corrupted, absolutely. As the team faces the Shi’ar Empire, Hellfire Club and more, can Jean Grey be redeemed? Chris Claremont, Dave Cockrum and John Byrne weave a galaxy-spanning tale of triumph and tragedy that changed everything for the X-Men, the Marvel Universe…and all of comics! The full, original Dark Phoenix Saga is presented alongside bonus tales illuminating Jean Grey’s defining story! Collecting X-MEN (1963) #97-105, #107-108 and #125-138 and PHOENIX: THE UNTOLD STORY — and material from CLASSIC X-MEN #6, #8, #13, #18, #24 and #43; BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27 and WHAT IF? (1977) #27.
    688 PGS./Rated T Â…$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94576-3