Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    What does "the first 21 stories" even mean?
    First 21 issues? They carefully leave out that specific info. Does it include Amazing Fantasy? Going by the cover, it might not.
    It does include AF #15.

I have the MMW's but this is tempting to me. I'll probably do it for Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. Captain America and Avengers are a Hard Pass, they just aren't very good. I would hope the whole Stan Lee runs will come out over the 10 years.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Anyone interested in this NEW edition of classic comics? It sounds gorgeous, but pricey.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...piderman-vol-1

Taschen prices it at $200 for the book, $600 for the book and aluminum slipcase.

https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/search/spider-man
    This is very tempting but at $200 very pricey. Reading that it's limited to 5000 copies kind of urges me to want to get it but on second thought, 5000 is a lot and I just can't see it selling out that quickly. I have the Omnibus and the first Masterworks so I'll give it a pass unless it gets very heavily discounted at some point. I like how there's no Vol. 1 on the spine but rather the years. If they ever do a Daredevil one, i might very well be interested even though I also have the Omnibus and all the Masterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This is very tempting but at $200 very pricey. Reading that it's limited to 5000 copies kind of urges me to want to get it but on second thought, 5000 is a lot and I just can't see it selling out that quickly. I have the Omnibus and the first Masterworks so I'll give it a pass unless it gets very heavily discounted at some point. I like how there's no Vol. 1 on the spine but rather the years. If they ever do a Daredevil one, i might very well be interested even though I also have the Omnibus and all the Masterworks.
    Hmmm. That a very different take on the spine than I see Raffi. You don't see that straight line between the years(1962, 1964) as a 1? I did but now you make me question that.

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    Hmmm. That a very different take on the spine than I see Raffi. You don't see that straight line between the years(1962, 1964) as a 1? I did but now you make me question that.
    That is a very good point etrumble. I didn't see it. Either way, there is no "Vol." at least and if I ever pick up a first volume, I will envisage that "I" as a partition rather than a Roman numeral or a no. 1

I took it as a Roman numeral, too: I didn't even consider it being a partition, since it's rather thick compared to the years, but it could very well be.

Alas, my Spidey addiction got the best of me and I ended up ordering this a couple of days ago. I hope I don't love it so much that I might be tempted to get all their other Library releases, too.
    Last edited by ShooCat; 12-11-2021 at 07:01 AM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Is this going to be Absolute Edition size or the size of the big DC 75 year book. That one and the Marvel one came in a nice case. Taschen makes NICE books.

While I'm a lifelong Spidey fan I just cannot buy this volume, I have the originals essentials omnibuses and epics, no enough is enough. Looks nice too.
    Last edited by tv horror; 12-13-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I took it as a Roman numeral, too: I didn't even consider it being a partition, since it's rather thick compared to the years, but it could very well be.

Alas, my Spidey addiction got the best of me and I ended up ordering this a couple of days ago. I hope I don't love it so much that I might be tempted to get all their other Library releases, too.
    I know quite a few on the Masterworks forum succumbed and ordered it. It would be wonderful to have it but I just can't justify having another version of those issues and forking out so much dough. Like I wrote earlier, I'm more than likely to pick up a Daredevil one. I would also consider Hulk as I don't have the Omnibus (but I do have the first Masterworks).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Is this going to be Absolute Edition size or the size of the big DC 75 year book. That one and the Marvel one came in a nice case. Taschen makes NICE books.
    I was wondering this myself. I have the DC 75 Years one but missed out on the Marvel one at a decent price. I do have a problem where to place these massive gorgeous books.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    While I'm a lifelong Spidey fan I just cannot buy this volume, I have the originals essentials omnibuses and epics, no enough enough. Looks nice too.
    Yes, it does look beautiful. I like how they've used the cover of ASM #1 as the cover as opposed to Amazing Fantasy #15. Not that I dislike the latter, it's just good to have a change. You never know, you might end up buying it

First video on YouTube - in French.

That’s a good looking book!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    That’s a good looking book!
    It is a good looking book. But it’s my understanding that they simply photographed the original comics vs the work Cory does with his remastering and recoloring in the Masterworks collections. Does anyone know if Cory’s remasters have made it to the omnis? Also, has Spider-Man ever gotten the Adamantium sized reprints? I don’t ever recall one which really surprises me. I have the Ditko is Amazing. But I would love to have more huge Spidey books.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    It is a good looking book. But it’s my understanding that they simply photographed the original comics vs the work Cory does with his remastering and recoloring in the Masterworks collections. Does anyone know if Cory’s remasters have made it to the omnis? Also, has Spider-Man ever gotten the Adamantium sized reprints? I don’t ever recall one which really surprises me. I have the Ditko is Amazing. But I would love to have more huge Spidey books.

I don’t know if it is being recolored but there is something appealing about old comics blown up to giant size. The cover to cover aspect is a nice idea even though I don’t really read the letters page in most comics unless it features famous names. Writers that were fans and such. I do think it’s something to make the whole comic book A work of art. Ads, letters page, Stans Soapbox. I feel like this will sell out but I think that can just happen if enough people say it. This is a strong maybe for me with the FF and Hulk still on my wish list. If it had all the Ditko issues it would feel more complete but it’s kinda of neat that it doesn’t. Now I have to get volume 2 and 3…
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 12-17-2021 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Finishing a train of thought!

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kA_Uq2FHI

One of the top 10 most wanted gets announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kA_Uq2FHI

One of the top 10 most wanted gets announced.