Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kA_Uq2FHI

One of the top 10 most wanted gets announced.
    Such a long time coming but this finally being announced has brought me so much joy today.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Finally. I have the first two completed collection trades and would probably skip the Omni if I could just get my hands on the next two trades but they're impossible to find. I might just have to get the Omni's.

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kA_Uq2FHI

One of the top 10 most wanted gets announced.

For those who haven't had a chance to watch the video:

BLACK PANTHER BY CHRISTOPHER PRIEST VOLUME 1 in September 2022

Contains Black Panther (1998) #1-33, Deadpool (1997) #44 and material from Marvel Double Shot # 2.

This is slightly less than the first 2 complete trades. Hopefully the second omnibus volume should get the rest. I really hope they don't omit anything like The Crew or the Priest issues of Thor and Hulk that were included in the complete trades.

Spectacular Member

I've been working through the Coates OHC, I'm on the 2nd volume. Its been a bit of slog and half the time I have little idea what is going on. I generally prefer comics that have a bit more going on, but I think maybe my issue has been that this is someone who is not a comic writer per se. I've been a little disappointed so far- its not bad, but just hasn't grabbed me as I thought it would. It is starting to get better- not sure I'll pick up any more of the OHC, might just finish on Marvel Unlimited.

Astonishing Member

Just in time for an anniversary.

Mighty Member

That's cool. I'll only be getting it if Spiderverse is in something resembling chronological order, rather than the OHC's "by title" ordering.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That's cool. I'll only be getting it if Spiderverse is in something resembling chronological order, rather than the OHC's "by title" ordering.
    Lord have mercy that has been the bane of my comic collecting existence, I have to use multiple bookmarks to keep track of it all.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just in time for an anniversary.
    Spider-Verse/Spider-Geddon Omnibus - collects Edge Of Spider-Verse (2014) #1–5, Spider-Verse (2014) #1–2, Superior Spider-Man (2013) #32–33, The Amazing Spider-Man (2014) #7–15, Spider-Man 2099 (2014) #5–8, Scarlet Spiders (2014) #1–3, Spider-Woman (2014) #1–4, Spider-Verse Team-Up (2014) #1–3, Free comicbook Day: Guardians of the Galaxy #1 (five-page Spider-Man story), Edge of Spider-Geddon (2018) #1–4, Spider-Geddon (2018) #0–5, Superior Octopus (2018) #1, Spider-Force (2018) #1–3, Spider-Girls (2018) #1–3, Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man (2017) #311–313, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider (2018) #1–4, Vault of Spiders (2018) #1–2, Spider-Geddon: Spider-Man Noir Video Comic (2018) #1, Spider-Geddon: Spider-Gwen - Ghost Spider Video Comic (2018) #1, Spider-Geddon: Spider-Man Video Comic (2018) #1, Spider-Geddon Handbook (2018) #1.

I'll probably end up preordering this as I don't have any of the Spider Geddon issues in collected format although I have the Spider-Verse OHC and the Edge of Spider-Verse TPB. Those really were oddly released what with Edge not being in the OHC and the messed up order of the issues in the OHC. IIRC, I got the OHC from Amazon at a glitch price so I won't feel too bad at doubling up.

I can understand them putting these two events together BUT a ton of stuff happens in between which will put any collectors Spidey chronological shelf (mine included) out of whack. There was Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy, Secret Wars, Spider-Men II, Venom Inc. as well as Web Warriors. I probably would have preferred a separate Spider-Geddon Omnibus which would have also included Web Warriors. Btw, I kind of prefer the regular cover.

Incredible Member

Gonna pass on that Spidey omni but obviously all over that Priest omni. Woot!

Astonishing Member

Looks like enough people ordered volume 1.

Incredible Member

Looks like enough people ordered volume 1.
    Hell yes! I can finally continue the run.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Was there ever any doubt there would be a vol. 2?

I mean, X-books and Spider-books sell themselves...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Was there ever any doubt there would be a vol. 2?

I mean, X-books and Spider-books sell themselves...
    Volume 1 first came out in 2012, so there has been some doubt. Once they announced the reprint, odds went way up. Now we need a reprint of Alpha Flight to get that continued.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ah, I didn't realize that reprint was a reprint.

I've pretty much given up on another Alpha Flight omni; none of the remaining material is well regarded among most fans (though I'd buy it). I would settle for some Epic Collections, however...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Watching Omar's recent solicits videos and researching upcoming collections - overall for comic collections in general, it seems almost all of the best comic runs have been collected. Marvel is diving into 90s stuff now and 95% of that stuff is utter garbage - really not worth owning. I mean outside of modern day current works obviously, 1990s material is pretty much all that's left uncollected from my angle.

Sure, people have all different starting points and wishlists, perhaps hoping for a reprint of a book that already came out theyve missed. But for me, ive been building my trade/HC collection for over a decade now and I feel like its reaching its end point. Hellblazer's 11 year tpb run is finally being topped off, Lobster Johnson is getting his 2 hardcovers - O'Neil's the Question finally getting collected - Berserk HCs should wrap up this upcoming year - Aaron's Thor deluxe HCs finally ending too with one final volume. Those look like the endgame for my library.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm