Page 125 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 25751151211221231241251261271281291351752256251125 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJarmel View Post
    thanks a lot for the info.

what's the difference between main Omni and the companion?
    The main omnibus is his original run and the companion contains Born Again, Man Without Fear and Love And War. I already own Born Again and Man Without Fear but I'm going to have to get the companion omnibus to have those stories oversized. I've decided to get the Elektra omnibus too, never read any of it but I love Miller's DD and who doesn't love Sienkiewicz.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'll be opting for the Omnibus. I agree that the MMW is better quality but like you say the oversized and uniformed format is what does it for me.
    I'm not a fan of the Masterwork line, but just to play Devil's advocate here, I'll argue that the uniformed look of the masterworks trumps the omnibus line when it comes to consistency. As for the overall look of the spines and covers..that's personal taste and I much prefer the omnibus line.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Masterwork line, but just to play Devil's advocate here, I'll argue that the uniformed look of the masterworks trumps the omnibus line when it comes to consistency. As for the overall look of the spines and covers..that's personal taste and I much prefer the omnibus line.
    That's true. However, my shelf will have a uniformed look when I place the Vol. 2 Omnibus next to my remaining CA Omnibuses

I like the MMWs, but I find the spines, dare I say, boring.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I thought we all agreed that the last part of Remender's UXF sucked?
    Definitely not. And the last issue itself was pitch-perfect.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Definitely not. And the last issue itself was pitch-perfect.
    I think it was the middle-end part "otherworld" he was thinking of, I thought the actual x force ended pretty well. Uncanny avengers however....meh

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I thought we all agreed that the last part of Remender's UXF sucked?
    I don't agree. I liked his run
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Yeah, otherworld had problems not the least of which was the art.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    I think it was the middle-end part "otherworld" he was thinking of, I thought the actual x force ended pretty well. Uncanny avengers however....meh
    There's nothing about this statement that is inaccurate. We really need a "like" button on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I've always opted for the omnibus over the masterwork but now that SA Captain America vol 2 is coming out, I have to decide whether or not to buy it or keep my Masterworks. It's proving a very difficult decision. The quality on the MMWs is sooo much better and they're more comfortable to read but I love the over-sized artwork, the sheer quantity in one book and having the uniform format across my Cap books.

Thankfully I still have some time to decide.
    I'll be keeping my Captain America MMWs for the same reasons.

Just made an order for The Amazing spiderman omnibus vol 1. And ordered Spiderman omnibus by roger stern last week. Both from the CGN omnibus sale. Which book is better? and also has anyone had their orders sent out from the CGN sale? I know it says first week of feburary, but curious.

I recieved my trial of cap omni a few days ago.

Is there the slightest doubt we will get a Miracleman omni at some point, I'm selling my house and moving and I'm looking to slim down my collection in preparation for that and the MM run are the only floppies I have left, have held off selling them before but I think I may just do it now, if for some reason an omni doesn't come out did anyone buy the available HC's? Any extras in them?

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Just made an order for The Amazing spiderman omnibus vol 1. And ordered Spiderman omnibus by roger stern last week. Both from the CGN omnibus sale. Which book is better? and also has anyone had their orders sent out from the CGN sale? I know it says first week of feburary, but curious.
    ASM Vol 1 is like the seed of Marvel Comics. I know FF came first, but Lee / Ditko Amazing Spider-Man is what made Marvel & DC different with the secret identity / "character driven stories" approach to superheroes! That said, Roger Stern Spider-Man is my personal favorite era of Spidey. It's perfect Bronze Age greatness! ASM Vol 1 is essential reading, but has the Silver Age dialog and pacing which can be a turnoff to younger readers IMO. Stern's Spidey still has the epic classic feel to it, but with less of the same troupes. You're in good shape with both books!

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is there the slightest doubt we will get a Miracleman omni at some point, I'm selling my house and moving and I'm looking to slim down my collection in preparation for that and the MM run are the only floppies I have left, have held off selling them before but I think I may just do it now, if for some reason an omni doesn't come out did anyone buy the available HC's? Any extras in them?
    From what I remember hearing the HC editions so have a sizeable amount of extra material in them and an Omnibus is a shoe-in.

Hey, just in relation to this I live pretty nearby you so if you do end up selling much I'll be glad to help you out and save you worrying about postage costs and ebay fees and such hassle.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Mine shipped a couple days ago.
    Cyclops was right