Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Thanks Fluffy, that makes me feel a little bit better about it. I "need" to get about 2 or 3 more whales. Then I think (and hope) I'll hang this up. Or like you've done, just slow down. And hopefully someday they'll get read.
    You and Fluffy are not alone. Only today, my wife came into our room designated as the library (over half of it is taken up by my comc and dvd/Blu-ray/cd collection) where I'm currently working from home and asked me how many of these comic books I'd read. She noticed that quite a lot of the Omnibuses were still sealed and asnswered the question herself

Btw, I only have one white whale left and I'm planning on preordering it in February - Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

"How many of these have you read?" - wife

I've also gotten that question. Is there a chat where they gather?

I let her know some yes, some no due to the fact I read the single issues or TPB...which I'm selling on Ebay. Then there is this...

"So you plan to re-read all these at some point?" - wife follow-up question to retaining Omnis.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I am also guilty of this. Way to many times I've waited on buying a certain book only to see it disappear altogether. So now I buy books even if I know it might take months (or longer!?) before I will read them.

Yeah the fear of a book going OOP does not help! I've been annoyed with myself for waiting too long and missing out, which then feeds the "buying and not reading" problem.

I've had the same conversations with my wife too. "Why are you buying more books if you haven't read the books you've got?". They just don't understand
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    IMMORTAL IRON FIST & THE IMMORTAL WEAPONS OMNIBUS
    Written by ED BRUBAKER, MATT FRACTION, DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI, JASON AARON, CULLEN BUNN,
    RICK SPEARS & DAVID LAPHAM
    Penciled by DAVID AJA, TRAVEL FOREMAN, RUSS HEATH, KHARI EVANS, KANO, TonCi ZonjiC, TIMOTHY GREEN II, DAN BRERETON, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, HATUEY DIAZ, ARTURO LOZZI & MORE
    Covers by DAVID AJA & PATCH ZIRCHER
    Iron Fist is explored like never before in these epic adventures steeped in fable, magic and hard-hitting martial arts action! After learning the hard way that the Iron Fist’s centuries-spanning legacy holds more secrets than he ever dreamed, Danny is called to K’un-Lun to fight in a tournament against the Immortal Weapons of the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven! But can he ferret out a conspiracy against K’un-Lun? Plus: The noir adventures of Orson Randall, the previous Iron Fist — and amazing solo tales of the fan-favorite Immortal Weapons! Collecting IMMORTAL IRON FIST #1-27 and ANNUAL #1, IMMORTAL IRON FIST: ORSON RANDALL AND THE GREEN MIST OF DEATH, IMMORTAL IRON FIST: THE ORIGIN OF DANNY RAND, IMMORTAL IRON FIST: ORSON RANDALL AND THE DEATH QUEEN OF CALIFORNIA, IMMORTAL WEAPONS #1-5, IMMORTAL WEAPONS SKETCHBOOK and material from CIVIL WAR: CHOOSING SIDES and I AM AN AVENGER #1.
    1064 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94637-1
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8
    The added material not in the original book is superfluous and unnecessary - though it was basically OHC sized instead of Omni sized, so they gotta bulk it up.

Astonishing Member

By Crom! 3 new omnibus announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

I'll be saving some money. Looks like they will wrap up the main title in 2022 making 10 volumes the longest for any Omni run to date. How many of the satellite books are close to completion?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll be saving some money. Looks like they will wrap up the main title in 2022 making 10 volumes the longest for any Omni run to date. How many of the satellite books are close to completion?
    Conan satellite books? Well, Savage Sword isn’t even close — the one announced above will bring it to roughly the halfway mark (it ran 235 issues). Conan the King/King Conan will probably run three omnis, is my understanding. (Only one has been solicited so far.) And then after the main Conan book ended, there were a number of miniseries and short-lived series and OGNs in the final years Marvel held the license… hopefully those would all fit into one omni.

As for other Robert E. Howard characters, Kull is complete after three omnis. All of Solomon Kane’s Marvel material fit into one Solomonibus. Red Sonja’s rights are currently licensed by Dynamite even though the comic version has almost nothing in common with the REH character, so Marvel probably can’t reprint most of that material. (Or even if they can reprint it, they probably couldn’t put her name on the cover or use it in advertising, so they likely wouldn’t bother.) I’ve seen speculation that there might be enough adaptations of Bran Mak Morn and other REH stories to make up an omni, but those are just speculations, and I don’t think Marvel currently had the license for Bran.
    Last edited by The Lucky One; 01-25-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    "How many of these have you read?" - wife

I've also gotten that question. Is there a chat where they gather?

I let her know some yes, some no due to the fact I read the single issues or TPB...which I'm selling on Ebay. Then there is this...

"So you plan to re-read all these at some point?" - wife follow-up question to retaining Omnis.
    This is like the Omni Thread Clone Saga, where we all find out our wives are clones of the same woman. I've had this conversation with my omni collection AND my video game collection.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

That's... a whole lotta Conan.

Marvel really is trying to beat the clock on their license expiration...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

I mean, maybe, but I think that’s purely speculation; I haven’t seen or heard any hard evidence to suggest that, other than fans wondering why they’re coming out so quickly. It’d be a pretty short licensing agreement.

Not to be morbid, but it’s just as likely they want to get as many of them done (and the introductions written) as possible while Roy Thomas and others are still with us. Also, they may be thinking that all the hype and marketing about bringing Conan back to Marvel inevitably has a shelf life, so they want to pump out the omnis while people are still excited (and before they can decide they don’t really need fifteen volumes of Savage Sword of Conan on their shelves).

I thought there was an announcement about the Morbius 90s series was going to be collected. Does anyone remember this announcement?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Thank goodness. More savings for me as I will not be picking up any of these Conan Omnibuses or the previously announced Carol Danvers Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I thought there was an announcement about the Morbius 90s series was going to be collected. Does anyone remember this announcement?
    That is an Omni I'd be interested in for sure.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I've been procrastinating like crazy on tracking down the rest of Priest's Panther and KSD's Marvel, so this works out nicely for me.

It'll probably even be cheaper than the paperbacks once I sell off the volumes I already have.
    Cyclops was right