Page 1288 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 28878811881238127812841285128612871288128912901291129212981338 ... LastLast
Results 19,306 to 19,320 of 20754

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Hulk by Peter David Volume 5 and Maestro by Peter David.
    Hmm, looking at the contents of these two, can someone who's more familiar with Hulk and PAD's work explain these two books?

Omnibus 4 collects all of PAD's original run, right? Is the material collected in 5 "extra material" or does it continue/complete the story lines from omnibus 1-4?

Same thing with the Maestro book - how much of this was collected in 1-4? Is this a hodge podge collection?

Thanks!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I think Incredible Hulk by Peter David Companion would have been a much more appropriate title than "Vol. 5", as 1-4 are a complete story in and of themselves.

Besides the short return to the monthly following Bruce Jones, this book is mostly disparate mini's published many years later, that have little to nothing to do with each other.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Marvel Lands Planet of the Apes Rights, Announces New Series

This sounds promising in that we might hear of some Planet of the Apes Original Years Omnibus announcements in the very near future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Hmm, looking at the contents of these two, can someone who's more familiar with Hulk and PAD's work explain these two books?

Omnibus 4 collects all of PAD's original run, right? Is the material collected in 5 "extra material" or does it continue/complete the story lines from omnibus 1-4?

Same thing with the Maestro book - how much of this was collected in 1-4? Is this a hodge podge collection?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I think Incredible Hulk by Peter David Companion would have been a much more appropriate title than "Vol. 5", as 1-4 are a complete story in and of themselves.

Besides the short return to the monthly following Bruce Jones, this book is mostly disparate mini's published many years later, that have little to nothing to do with each other.
    SJNeal is right about the volume 5 material.

Maestro collects every appearance of the character from the Future Imperfect mini series to Maestro mini series that ended this year. Only Future Imperfect 1-2 and Incredible Hulk 460-461 are collected in the Hulk by PAD volumes. Everything else (including some non PAD issues) are new for omnibus format.

Amazing Member

It looks like that Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe Update 89 Omnibus is coming out on July the 28th or October the 18th.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That Incredible Hulk by PAD vol. 5 is super complete. It contains the 5 issue mini series of New Fantastic Four, the first issue of which comes out I think this week or next.
    I was going to get the individual TPB of the series, versus monthly, but now I'll just wait for this Omni.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

SJNeal is right about the volume 5 material.

Maestro collects every appearance of the character from the Future Imperfect mini series to Maestro mini series that ended this year. Only Future Imperfect 1-2 and Incredible Hulk 460-461 are collected in the Hulk by PAD volumes. Everything else (including some non PAD issues) are new for omnibus format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That Incredible Hulk by PAD vol. 5 is super complete. It contains the 5 issue mini series of New Fantastic Four, the first issue of which comes out I think this week or next.
    I was going to get the individual TPB of the series, versus monthly, but now I'll just wait for this Omni.
    Hmmm thanks for the feedback, all.

I'll have to think it over as the release date grows closer for both of them.

Astonishing Member

New omnibus coming out in March 2023.

^ ^ ^

Well that didn't take long at all. PotA is officially the new Conan... *eyeroll*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Marvel Lands Planet of the Apes Rights, Announces New Series

This sounds promising in that we might hear of some Planet of the Apes Original Years Omnibus announcements in the very near future.

New omnibus coming out in March 2023.
    Whoah! That was quick

Planet Of The Apes Adventures: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus
    - collects Adventures On The Planet Of The Apes (1975) #1-11.

This is going to be a very thin Omnibus. I hope it will be priced accordingly similar to the SW: Kanan "Omnibus".

Those 11 issues were reprints from the PotA Magazine so I wonder how they will "Omnibus" the magazines? Will the "Adventure" stories be included or excluded in a possible Magazine Omnibus? If the former, this Omnibus will kind of be redundant.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It'll be a hard pass from me.

This would be, what, the second smallest Omnibus behind Devil Dinosaur at 9 issues. Right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Whoah! That was quick

Planet Of The Apes Adventures: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus
    - collects Adventures On The Planet Of The Apes (1975) #1-11.

This is going to be a very thin Omnibus. I hope it will be priced accordingly similar to the SW: Kanan "Omnibus".

Those 11 issues were reprints from the PotA Magazine so I wonder how they will "Omnibus" the magazines? Will the "Adventure" stories be included or excluded in a possible Magazine Omnibus? If the former, this Omnibus will kind of be redundant.
    From what I can tell, those 11 issues were the only Marvel issues that were colorized and Code approved.

There were 29 issues of the Black and White 70s magazine by Marvel. Depending how they treat the text pieces, those could all go in one large omnibus.

Since Disney now owns PotA outright from the Fox buyout, there's series from Malibu, Dark Horse, and Boom Studios to be collected.

Almost everyone: "can we get Uncanny X-Men Omni vol. 5?"

Marvel: "No. Here's an omni of a few Planet of the Apes issues we did, and the 19th Conan omni instead!"

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Almost everyone: "can we get Uncanny X-Men Omni vol. 5?"

Marvel: "No. Here's an omni of a few Planet of the Apes issues we did, and the 19th Conan omni instead!"
    Personally, I'm hoping we don't get Uncanny Vol. 5, but rather a rebranded title (Mutant Massacre Prologue? ) so I do not have to see that new tiny-font spine design next to my first 4 volumes.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Hope the reprinted Silver age Thor#1 and Hulk#1 omnibuses sold well enough for Marvel to carry with their silver/ bronze age line of omnibuses.