Page 1307 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 30780712071257129713031304130513061307130813091310131113171357 ... LastLast
Results 19,591 to 19,605 of 20773

Any thoughts on the Black Panther omnibus by Ta-nehisi Coates?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Any thoughts on the Black Panther omnibus by Ta-nehisi Coates?
    I'm curious as well. His was the first run of BP I tried. I gave it 10 issues and frankly pushed through to get that far. I did not find it to be the superhero fare I wanted. It was way more personal drama and political with some espionage angles that just didn't hook me.
    Did the tone change?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm curious as well. His was the first run of BP I tried. I gave it 10 issues and frankly pushed through to get that far. I did not find it to be the superhero fare I wanted. It was way more personal drama and political with some espionage angles that just didn't hook me.
    Did the tone change?
    Not really, more of the same. There was the going into space/different universe/timeline storyline also which seems to be popular in most comics these days (Dr. Strange, FF, Iron Man....). It was interesting but pretty long drawn out. Not my cup of tea. I didn't take to his Cap America either.

If you're a BP completist, both the BP and the Wakanda Omnibusem are a must-by. The only thing I really liked from the Wakanda material was the Rise of the BP story which I wouldn't mind having an OHC of.

Got my orders in for next week's Miles Morales and X-Treme X-Men omnibus'. Miles' is just an upgrade for my trades but I've never read X-Treme X-Men before so while I've heard mixed things about it, I'm looking forward to it.

Astonishing Member

Coming in August 2023. Another release from this year's top 50 most wanted poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Coming in August 2023. Another release from this year's top 50 most wanted poll.
    Gonna pass on this but happy for fans of this run. Due to limited space I've had to start being more selective with my purchases.

Astonishing Member

Epic collections updates:

Added to May 2023:

Sgt. Fury Vol 2: Berlin Breakout

For August 2023:
    Avengers Vol 5: This Beachhead Earth (reprint)
    Thor Vol 17: This Mortal Flesh (reprint)
    New Avengers Vol 1 (Modern Era Epic)
    Avengers Vol 25: The Gathering
    Fantastic Four Vol 9: The Crusader Syndrome
    Daredevil Vol 17: Into the Fire
    X-Factor Vol 4: Judgment War

Only one new month information this time.

Interesting, is New Avengers the most modern epic we've had so far? I know the original theory was that the Epic line was only gonna go up to Onslaught but this is way past (and I think at least one book went past Onslaught already but can't remember which, maybe Spidey?). I've stopped following the Epic announcement since I switched to collecting omnis so maybe I missed these newer books.

Mighty Member

Nothing for me in this batch (which is fine). I think there are only 6 DD Epics left to produce now, so they're going to have to give us the Denny O'Neil run at some point soon. Same with back-filling the rest of Roger Stern's run on Avengers - only 6 Epics left. FF only has two more before they have to get to Byrne's run. I wonder if the recent omnibus reprintings of DD by Miller and F4 by Byrne are because they know they'll have to do that material in Epic Collections soon and want one last grab at the omni money?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Interesting, is New Avengers the most modern epic we've had so far? I know the original theory was that the Epic line was only gonna go up to Onslaught but this is way past (and I think at least one book went past Onslaught already but can't remember which, maybe Spidey?). I've stopped following the Epic announcement since I switched to collecting omnis so maybe I missed these newer books.
    Marvel is beginning to include more recent titles and runs under the "Modern Epic" banner. They've announced Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man/Deadpool before this. Going forward, Complete Collections that are reprinted will b e under the Epic line.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Nothing for me in this batch (which is fine). I think there are only 6 DD Epics left to produce now, so they're going to have to give us the Denny O'Neil run at some point soon. Same with back-filling the rest of Roger Stern's run on Avengers - only 6 Epics left. FF only has two more before they have to get to Byrne's run. I wonder if the recent omnibus reprintings of DD by Miller and F4 by Byrne are because they know they'll have to do that material in Epic Collections soon and want one last grab at the omni money?
    There are holes in the Epic line for Byrne's FF, Miler's DD, Layton's Iron Man, and Simonson's Thor. I am personally thankful for avoiding any double dipping in the mapping. I assumed the Epic line was more about filling in the gaps for uncollected material than just another format to collect the greatest hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Got my orders in for next week's Miles Morales and X-Treme X-Men omnibus'. Miles' is just an upgrade for my trades but I've never read X-Treme X-Men before so while I've heard mixed things about it, I'm looking forward to it.
    Is the page count incorrect on IST? If not its $100 cover for a 336 page book. Can that be real?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Is the page count incorrect on IST? If not its $100 cover for a 336 page book. Can that be real?
    League of Comic Geeks site shows it as 888 pages

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...nibus-vol-1-hc

Added to May 2023:

For August 2023:

Avengers vol 25 and Fantastic Four Vol. 9 for me. Might buy the X-Factor vol. 4. Paul Smith's art is always a treat.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Even though this book is gonna be another back-breaking monster, I'm in.

Really wished they'd just committed to the Complete Collection trades...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Added to May 2023:

For August 2023:

Picking up all these. More than pleasantly surprised that the original Epic lines are so close to being finished!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES