Page 132 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 32821221281291301311321331341351361421822326321132 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 20773
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    In response to Jake Jarmel. I f-ed up the quote sorry.

There is a possibility, yeah, but it would probably be a two year printing plan. They wouldn't dump all four on the market at once, probably two a year to align with the show seasons - IF they decided to reprint them. However they also may just reprint the TPBs or find another way to re-release the material. Since the Bendis stuff has been steadily repurposed (TPB, OHC, OMNI, Completes) I think marvel will find another way to get it on people hands in the next few years.

The Brubaker stuff is great but not as well known so who known. I think we'll see reprinting of the trades for that one before anything.
    ok. thanks for the info.

so even if they do decide to reprint them, it would take a couple of years.

currently, it look like the only way to collect those two runs, and stay consistent in format, is through the ultimate tp collections.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Yeah I almost bought Star Wars vol 1 for #5 in Game but thought that the OHC would be announced soon.

Do you buy a lot of single issues?
    Yes. Yes I do. Every single week.

There is a music/bookstore near me that sells new and used GNs at 35% off. From time to time I will pick up a TPB of a series I missed or passed on. One of my best finds was Uncanny X-Men Masterworks TPB volumes 4 and 5 for about $10 each. I like to use B&N gift cards to get TPBs online. I have to check out IST. I agree their search engine needs tweaking.

I failed my own test today because I did buy Iron Man #5 and Spider-Man #1..also got Amazing Spider-Man #7 and Doctor Strange #5.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    The first 21 issues of Daredevil will be in Epic format this summer.
    EPIC line, what the hell Marvel Collected Editions?!!
    This +another 10/12 issues should be in an Omni!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I have the first two OHC of Avengers, New Avengers, and the Infinity Omnibus by Hickman.

I think book 2 for both Avengers and New Avengers is covered in Infinity. If I want the full story, can I just pick up volume 3 of both Avengers and New Avengers?
    I have infinity, avengers vol 1, new avengers 1 and 2. Infinity does not have all of the issues that are in NA vol 2, maybe a few are in infinty but most are not. Also you need avengers vol 3. There is no New avengers vol 3. In a few months there is a OHC called avengers time runs out which will collect the remaining issues after Avengers vol 3 and new avengers vol 2. Then we go into Secret wars

Spectacular Member

Guys and gals, what is your expert opinion on New Avengers. Do you think we will get a vol 2 omnibus?

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I've only read the Miller run on DD so far. I was planning on reading Bendis and Brubakers run first, but those Waid HC's are very tempting right now. Does his run require any knowledge of the Bendis and/or Brubaker runs?
    Nope, just go for it. Its awesome.

I had updated the Omnibus OOP list last week and just want to give a heads up to everyone that some of these recent clearance books are already out of stock on IST and TOW.

So once stock of these titles start drying up they will become much harder to find sooner rather than later.

They are

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus
    Deadpool Omnibus by Joe Kelly
    Deadpool and Cable Omnibus
    Spider-Man Omnibus by Roger Stern
    Alias Omnibus
    Thor Volume 2 omnibus
    Last edited by Omnibus; 02-03-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    I had updated the Omnibus OOP list last week and just want to give a heads up to everyone that some of these recent clearance books are already out of stock on IST and TOW.

So once stock of these titles start drying up they will become much harder to find sooner rather than later.

They are

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus
    Deadpool Omnibus by Joe Kelly
    Deadpool and Cable Omnibus
    Spider-Man Omnibus by Roger Stern
    Alias Omnibus
    how is the deadpool and cable omnibus? anybody can chime in on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Born Again is one of the top DD stories ever. It gets major praise, even as a chapter separate from the rest of Miller's run. I could understand DD: The Man Without Fear mini-series being more criticized.
    whoops...it appears all this time I was saying Born Again I was actually meaning MWF

Picked up Daredevil vol. 4 ohc, Avengers vol. 3 ohc, and Superior Foes of Spider-man Omnibus. I remember when 17 issues meant a thick hardcover.

I've liked Waid's DD run more than Brubaker's. The art is especially enjoyable.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    whoops...it appears all this time I was saying Born Again I was actually meaning MWF
    Now THAT I can agree with. I think the story, while pretty good, is mostly carried by JRJR's art, and I'm not a fan of him. Definitely something different from Born Again though.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

X-Men X-Tinction Agenda HC

Hello there - Anyone familiar with this ? I own the singles but the HC looks really good. Is it out of print? Is it worth picking up for $20?

I am also looking at X-Men MMW 7 and 8 & Uncanny MMW 2 and 7

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Ha ha, you'd never get the same amount of replies if you said what you meant which says everything you need to know I think. I really like Man Without Fear because I love JRJR's art and how it ties back in to Miller's first run but it certainly isn't what I'd call an all time great.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    X-Men X-Tinction Agenda HC

Hello there - Anyone familiar with this ? I own the singles but the HC looks really good. Is it out of print? Is it worth picking up for $20?

I am also looking at X-Men MMW 7 and 8 & Uncanny MMW 2 and 7
    It's a very good OHC, restored and chock full of extras.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I have infinity, avengers vol 1, new avengers 1 and 2. Infinity does not have all of the issues that are in NA vol 2, maybe a few are in infinty but most are not. Also you need avengers vol 3. There is no New avengers vol 3. In a few months there is a OHC called avengers time runs out which will collect the remaining issues after Avengers vol 3 and new avengers vol 2. Then we go into Secret wars
    Perfect! Appreciate the info.