Page 136 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 36861261321331341351361371381391401461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 20754
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I don't understand why you expect to get the price that the book is going for now, you didn't pay that price they arnt going to give you free money. Also the book is and has been out of stock on there for some time not counting the stock on the sale. Unless you mean the variant cover which is over 70. But I'm sorry this happened to you it could of been avoided I'd they packed it better. Did you purchase the 2 dollar shipping insurance? I did with my order. That way you can contact usps and get all your money back and maybe keep the book. I've never had any issues with their packing hopefully my copy will be ok. Did they use the usual newspaper method?
    Giving the customer the option to purchase insurance is such a scam by businesses for 99% of these routine transactions. By agreement with the credit card company processors, the credit card companies themselves, and PayPal, retailers are the ones who are on the hook if a package goes missing during shipment or gets damaged during shipment. This is irrefutable, even though businesses will try to go out of their way to pass responsibility onto the customer. A customer should never have to purchase insurance for a routine commercial transaction involving comic books like these. That's just CGN's way of passing the buck to you and making you do the work in getting your own money back. If CGN wants to insure packages, they either need to bake that into their overhead costs or raise their prices if they won't keep prices as-is and provide that service.

And assuming CGN has the same book in stock, GOOD customer service would be to send out a replacement copy, and hopefully package it with more than their bullshit "newspaper" which is not bombproof packaging. Sending out a replacement is not required, but CGN is just after that bottom line. They've raised the price of the book or their inventory is now the pre-warehouse clearance inventory, so they would rather lose this person as a customer than lose a higher priced sale.

I don't know why anyone orders from CGN when IST exists.

You can be out ~$20 for their mistake, or win the dispute with PayPal and be "banned for life." Real professionals....

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Giving the customer the option to purchase insurance is such a scam by businesses for 99% of these routine transactions. By agreement with the credit card company processors, the credit card companies themselves, and PayPal, retailers are the ones who are on the hook if a package goes missing during shipment or gets damaged during shipment. This is irrefutable, even though businesses will try to go out of their way to pass responsibility onto the customer. A customer should never have to purchase insurance for a routine commercial transaction involving comic books like these. That's just CGN's way of passing the buck to you and making you do the work in getting your own money back. If CGN wants to insure packages, they either need to bake that into their overhead costs or raise their prices if they won't keep prices as-is and provide that service.

And assuming CGN has the same book in stock, GOOD customer service would be to send out a replacement copy, and hopefully package it with more than their bullshit "newspaper" which is not bombproof packaging. Sending out a replacement is not required, but CGN is just after that bottom line. They've raised the price of the book or their inventory is now the pre-warehouse clearance inventory, so they would rather lose this person as a customer than lose a higher priced sale.
    I agree 100%. But regular readers of atleast this forum know how CGN works. I always reccomend IST over CGN anyday, but with a sale like they had it was hard for anyone to resist. With knowing how they work I would do anything I could to gurantee myself a full refund and the ability to still have access to their site if it matter to you.

I thought the stern spidey was oos but I see know its not. Of course anyone would like to just have a replacement, but if you go into any retail store they too would make you pay the diffrence if you want a replacement after a sale. I'm not defending them, CGN could advoid all of their issues if they were a better business. I know internet petitions rarely work if ever, but if they saw every member of this site sign one demanding better customer service it MIGHT change things, or maybe its just wishful thinking on my part.

I truly feel bad for anyone who spends their hard earned money on anything and have to deal with crap like this regardless if its online, a retail store, comics or food. Most people unfortunely care more about money then whats morally right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

You can be out ~$20 for their mistake, or win the dispute with PayPal and be "banned for life." Real professionals....
    I only use IST because they let me ship to a Kinek location so I don't have to pay the insane shipping prices to Canada.
    CGN charges me $60 USD which is like $85 CAD per omnibus. IST charges $40 USD, but I can get free shipping if I ship to a Kinek location by the border.

Because a lot of times they are the only place with oop books or good sales. IST didnt have the omnibus sale, which I was hoping they would.

Fantastic Member

I order from both CGN and IST, but I order from CGN much more frequently. (I buy a lot of books!). I have found the service from both to be fine. I do find that CGN usually has a deeper stock of OOP titles. and I also like the 50% across the board discount on week of release pre-orders for all Marvel/DC books. The search functionality on the CGN website is also much better. If I were being treated poorly (as some on this board have) I would make the switch and begin using IST as my primary seller. As it is I buy where I feel I get the most "bang for the buck". With the amount of books I buy I can almost always get a better discount at CGN, negating the $8 shipping fee. IST regularly has terrific sales and I do order from them several times a year. I also think it would be unhealthy if IST were to become the only game in town (and vice/versa) for discount trades. Monopolies are never good. I know there are a lot of places to buy new trades, but CGN and IST are the only two that regularly offer 40+% discounts. As fans we are lucky to have two such services in competition.

Default CGN vs IST

I've bought from both CGN and IST for years now. I've never had to return anything to either place and have never had anything damaged in shipping. I must admit to having a slight preference for CGN because they tend to ship faster since they seem to keep more books actually in stock. It's a shame to hear they make returns so antagonistic.

The omnibus "sale" was only 50% off. That's the price you can buy them new from IST the day they come out.

IST has the best prices and the best shipping practices. If something is oop I will go Ebay or Mile High Comics.

Nowadays I actually do buy from CGN's brick n mortar store since it is near my house and I'm all about instant gratification. The discount isn't quite as good (40/30/20) especially because you have to pay sales tax, but it's nice being able to browse every week.

Amazing Member

I am looking at selling my entire omnibus collection (around 50 books) and was wondering what is the best way to go about doing it. I am assuming Ebay would be the best option? I am in Canada if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by zeze; 02-05-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The omnibus "sale" was only 50% off. That's the price you can buy them new from IST the day they come out.

IST has the best prices and the best shipping practices. If something is oop I will go Ebay or Mile High Comics.

Nowadays I actually do buy from CGN's brick n mortar store since it is near my house and I'm all about instant gratification. The discount isn't quite as good (40/30/20) especially because you have to pay sales tax, but it's nice being able to browse every week.
    Alot of books were more than 50% off. The stern spiderman omni(the book the poster had damaged) is 125$ retail and it was on sale for 50$. Among many others.

Amazing Member

only reason I placed a couple orders there was due to them having a few books in stock that IST did not.

Amazing Member

pretty sure marvel was having a sale on the omnis. I was in my LCS a few days ago and they were having a 50% off sale for select titles and the cashier mentioned something about marvel having a clearance on those marvel omnis

Amazing Member

browsing is awesome. I was in barnes and noble today and came across so many books that looked great that I would never think of to buy online. I just wrote some of the titles down on my note 4 and then ordered them from IST when I left

Picked up Daredevil vol. 4 ohc, Avengers vol. 3 ohc, and Superior Foes of Spider-man Omnibus. I remember when 17 issues meant a thick hardcover.

I've liked Waid's DD run more than Brubaker's. The art is especially enjoyable.
    How do the four spines look side by side, could you post a pic? I'm really waiting for this one, but my LCS didn't receive it this week...
    I dropped the title once the new creative team took over. Waid's run had such a satisfying conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    I am looking at selling my entire omnibus collection (around 50 books) and was wondering what is the best way to go about doing it. I am assuming Ebay would be the best option? I am in Canada if that makes a difference.
    You can try on FB fanpage Omnibus Collector, lots of people there.