Page 137 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872376371137 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Of course anyone would like to just have a replacement, but if you go into any retail store they too would make you pay the diffrence if you want a replacement after a sale.
    I take issue with "any retail store." That's really not true these days for practically any major retailer when we're talking about standard goods.

You go into Target and you buy a toaster from them on the last day of their Toaster Sale. You take it home and lets say you literally get shocked by it - the toaster does not work as it normally should. You then bring back that toaster to Target and request a replacement. But the toaster is now twice the price. But guess what? It doesn't matter. They give you the replacement from their current inventory to make you whole for your prior purchase. Only if it's completely out of stock would you get the refund instead. You don't pay the difference for the new toaster, because it wasn't your fault the first one was messed up. Target doesn't have to offer you the replacement toaster though. They could say "Here's your money back, good day." and leave it at that. But if Target wants to remain in business, they better have a replacement policy.

That's really the issue here. The store is supposed to make you whole on your original purchase for their mistake. So they can either refund your money, or send you a replacement at no extra cost. Either one accomplishes that. Saying "Yeah we'll replace it if you pay $20 more even though it was our fault" probably rarely happens and I can't imagine any store would think that's good business sense. That might even violate the agreements they have with credit card processors. Sure refunding the money then expecting the customer to place a new order at a higher price is a round about way of hoping for that same result, but at least the customer has the freedom to take their money and give it to another retailer instead.

As long as CGN refunds the money, then fine, it was a fair end to the business transaction, even if it ultimately isn't great customer service.

I once bought a TPB from IST that had a manufacturing defect. When I noticed it, I emailed them and they sent me a new copy out right away without requiring me to send back the bad copy, no further questions asked. That's great customer service. They could have forced me to send it back on my dime, then refunded me the cost of the book, then told me to take a hike. But they didn't because they're a great company and realize how to build a business and a reputation.

Personally though, I don't think CGN gives a damn. They might not have great customer service when issues arise, but they're doing something to stay in business. Their brick and mortar store has expanded to two locations. They snagged one of the best domain names for the online front. They do actually offer low prices on a lot of things, though shipping and/or tax can offset that. But they're still a classic local comic shop when they jack up prices above cover because something has become "rare." Probably the vast majority of their transactions go just fine. But the ones that don't seem to reveal their true nature. And you can go read their Yelp reviews for Pulp Fiction Comics in Long Beach, CA and see that some of their customers get the same nasty treatment in-person. But in the end they still have a 4 star rating and plenty of satisfied customers. So there really isn't an impetus for them to change anything at this point in time, because those of us having this conversation here are absolutely in the insignificant minority for the moment.

In most local comic book shops I take it the books arnt shrink wrapped? How about omnis? I prefer my books to be wrapped if possibly so I know a bunch of random people havnt had their hands on them

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    These guys are total jerks. Customer service is atrocious.

I recommend instocktrades.
    I use IST a lot. I'm definitely going to keep my service with them.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJarmel View Post
    browsing is awesome. I was in barnes and noble today and came across so many books that looked great that I would never think of to buy online. I just wrote some of the titles down on my note 4 and then ordered them from IST when I left
    Ha. I literally just got home from doing this.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    How do the four spines look side by side, could you post a pic? I'm really waiting for this one, but my LCS didn't receive it this week...
    I dropped the title once the new creative team took over. Waid's run had such a satisfying conclusion.
    Volume 4 looks identical to the others as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    I am looking at selling my entire omnibus collection (around 50 books) and was wondering what is the best way to go about doing it. I am assuming Ebay would be the best option? I am in Canada if that makes a difference.
    I would put them all on ebay, staggered every couple of days. I've had good success selling Marvel Omnibuses in particular on ebay.

All-New Member

I am also thinking about selling my entire collection. 54 omnibus in all. I have read most of them, but now they are just taking up precious space in my house. Even though I would like to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Cheers man!

Elusis

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    I am looking at selling my entire omnibus collection (around 50 books) and was wondering what is the best way to go about doing it. I am assuming Ebay would be the best option? I am in Canada if that makes a difference.
    If you're in Canada, I'd be interested. There's eBay, Kijiji, Craigslist, and there's a trading thread a couple thread down in this forum too.

Spectacular Member

Whens the next Hachete solicits release? All we know is the Dr. Strange Omnibus right?

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJarmel View Post
    browsing is awesome. I was in barnes and noble today and came across so many books that looked great that I would never think of to buy online. I just wrote some of the titles down on my note 4 and then ordered them from IST when I left
    Why not buy online from barnes and noble?

The online discounts from bn.com are amazing.

I got Hickman's Secret Warriors Complete Collections Volume 1 and 2 (34.99 each in store) at 28% - 32% off

PLUS Free Shipping

I placed my order on 1-31 and both arrived (undamaged) to my door on 2-3

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    Whens the next Hachete solicits release? All we know is the Dr. Strange Omnibus right?
    The last catalog came out 12/8/2015, and they put them out every four months. The next one should be late March to early April, covering releases from September through December.

Alternatively, the Hachette search feature reveals new listings sporadically, and there are currently some as far out as November 1st:

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/se...sher/?q=Marvel

I got Hickman's Secret Warriors Complete Collections Volume 1 and 2 (34.99 each in store) at 28% - 32% off

PLUS Free Shipping

apparently their packaging is really bad, maybe not for tpb-s but for bigger books it certainly is.

You guys selling your collections should def let CBR get first dibs lol

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    You guys selling your collections should def let CBR get first dibs lol
    lol, seconded

Amazing Member

PLUS Free Shipping

I have nothing against buying from b&n online. It's just that when browsing in person, I get to see so many books that look good to me, whereas when buying online I just go by with what I know, or hear good things about.