Page 146 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 46961361421431441451461471481491501561962466461146 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. I decided to pull the trigger on the second printing. On Krisis' website it shows that the second printing of FF vol 1 was in 2007 and it wasn't until 2008 that Marvel started using the sewn binding for their omnibus. But it was worth it to me to have the nicer paper. The paper they use now doesn't bother me most of the time. Until I go back and read one of the older omni.
    What you want to do in that case, is try and find a second printing. The 2nd printings of UXMv1, ASMv1, and FFv1 all had the thicker paper with sewn binding.

Wow the first omni was in 2007? Ive always been under the impression omnis have been out for a good while, especially with seeing how many some of you have.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Wow the first omni was in 2007? Ive always been under the impression omnis have been out for a good while, especially with seeing how many some of you have.
    2006, that was the second printing. Ten years now.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    the Ultimate Spider-man Barnes & Nobles Edition aka "the proto-omnibus" came out in 2004. Then Fantastic Four vol. 1 came out in 2005.

As a new collector, which Omnibus would you say are a good buy for a Canadian who will be paying for retail price?

I have Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest. Mainly into X-men, but I am up to try anything that is a good book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Correct. I order from CGN on Mondays and they can have a shipping label on Tuesday but it's not actually mailed until Wednesday (maybe late Tuesday). That's always been my experience with them anyway. The 9 percent Tennessee state sales tax rarely makes it worth it for me to order from IST now that they moved to Memphis, so I go with CGN.
    We're sort of in the opposite situation. Because of California sales tax (I think it's over 8% locally where CGN is), plus the $7 shipping or whatever, it doesn't make it worth it for me to order from CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
    As a new collector, which Omnibus would you say are a good buy for a Canadian who will be paying for retail price?

I have Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest. Mainly into X-men, but I am up to try anything that is a good book.
    X-Men Age of Apocalypse
    New X-Men
    Uncanny X-Force
    Captain America by Brubaker vol. 1-2
    Daredevil by Bendis vol. 1-2
    Fantastic Four by Hickman vol. 1-2
    The Ultimates ( I wonder how this one holds up now that every comic since has ripped from it)

If you want to try silver age I would recommend Amazing Spider-man vol. 1 and Fantastic Four vol. 1 & 2

Amazing Member

Will Uncanny X Men Vol 2 Omnibus and Thor Vol 2 Omnibus get re prints or should i grab them now?
    Last edited by mrjohnnykid; 02-13-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Will Uncanny X Men Vol 2 Omnibus and Thor Vol 2 Omnibus get re prints or should i grab them now?
    UXM who knows. If you can still get it for around cover or less I would grab it. X books usually get pretty expensive when oop. Thor 2 is being clearanced right now so highly unlikely to be reprinted.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Get UXM vol 2 now. With vol 3 comming out next week, and vol 1 reprint comming out in may I dont see vol 2 being reprinted any time soon. Even if it does get solicitated it wont be out for probably six months after. PLus the longer you wait the more the price will rise. I got my copy for 90$ at CGN which is just a hair under cover price, not sure what they want for it now. But on ebay the cheapest Ive seen it go for is like 135$.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    UXM who knows. If you can still get it for around cover or less I would grab it. X books usually get pretty expensive when oop. Thor 2 is being clearanced right now so highly unlikely to be reprinted.

Yeah, you probably won't get a better deal for Thor 2 if you don't buy now.

Guys, not much of a Spider-Man fan, but the praise & price on Stern Omni is making me consider it.

Is there anything particularly unique or special about this run, that I might enjoy it more than typical Spidey I've read before?

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Guys, not much of a Spider-Man fan, but the praise & price on Stern Omni is making me consider it.

Is there anything particularly unique or special about this run, that I might enjoy it more than typical Spidey I've read before?
    You can't go wrong with Stern. Between Spider-Man, Avengers and his Superman work he's among one of the best in the biz in writing 'capes.' Solid storytelling.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    You can't go wrong with Stern. Between Spider-Man, Avengers and his Superman work he's among one of the best in the biz in writing 'capes.' Solid storytelling.
    Totally agree with this. Stern and JRJR's run on Spidey is one of my favorite Spider-Man runs.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

My ASM vol 1 omni from the CGN sale came today in perfect condition! Before the sale I was planning on getting it when it is being reprinted in may, along with about 4 other omnis, definitely saved me some money!! Very happy.