Page 15 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    What is going on with the Moon Knight Epic solicit on IST:

Did they mix up some ASM and Ms. Marvel solicits with this one? I'm not sure any of those creators were alive when this material came out.
    Also, it's G. Willow Wilson not C.Willow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Has anyone here read these books? I like Gambit and I like 90s X-Men goodness. But was this series any good?
    I read UXM & XM religiously from around 1993 to 2002 ish. Yeah, I remember the Gambit solo series but can't remember anything significant or of any lasting impact happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY ABNETT & LANNING OMNIBUS HC
    Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
    Penciled by PAUL PELLETIER, BRAD WALKER,
    CARLOS MAGNO, WES CRAIG, MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
    & TIMOTHY GREEN II
    Cover by ALEX GARNER
    All that stands in the way of universal disaster is an unlikely band of cosmic misfits: the Guardians of the Galaxy, retooled for the 21st century! Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Adam Warlock, Mantis and the all-new Quasar — together with Cosmo the telepathic space dog — take on the universe's most dangerous menaces and have a little fun along the way! The ragtag team must contend with Guardians from the future, a Skrull Secret Invasion and the Church of Universal Truth before the celestial stakes get even higher when an Inhuman/Shi'ar War opens up a Fault in space that may destroy everything! And the return of Thanos could spell doom for the Guardians! Plus: The solo adventures of breakout stars Rocket and Groot! Collecting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) #1-25; THANOS IMPERATIVE: IGNITION #1, #1-6 and DEVASTATION #1; and material from ANNIHILATORS #1-4 and ANNIHILATORS: EARTHFALL #1-4.
    Will this read well on it's own or is it all tie-ins? I don't have any of the other books.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    The GOTG Omnibus looks to omit the main Annihilatiors and Annihilators: Earthfall stories, instead choosing to collect just the Groot & Rocket backups as the solicit says "material from" indicating it's not the whole collection and Tan Eng Huat isn't credited as an artist. That's too bad Marvel didn't just go all-in since DnA wrote those main series too. And I can't imagine they're saving that stuff for a Nova Omnibus or some kind of new War/Realm of Kings Omnibus.
    Ugh, seiously? Stop being difficult, Marvel. Though, I'm still getting it, so...
    Cyclops was right

I already got the two ulti of DnA GotG so I'll skip the omni. Though I do hope that this will increase interest in a DnA Nova omni.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

So these are January solicits, but when do they actually come out? Is it January or later in the year.
    From the list it looks like I'll pick up the Guardians omnibus and the Daredevil OHC.
    Marvel continues to save me money. Except, well, you just know that Guardians omnibus will jump from $99.99 to $125 before it's all over.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    So these are January solicits, but when do they actually come out? Is it January or later in the year.
    From the list it looks like I'll pick up the Guardians omnibus and the Daredevil OHC.
    Marvel continues to save me money. Except, well, you just know that Guardians omnibus will jump from $99.99 to $125 before it's all over.
    Yeah I'm shocked that Guardians Omnibus is priced so low. It'll be interesting to see where the pre-order price on Amazon lands and if people might be able to score a really good deal before it is inevitably bumped to $125. With the popularity of the Annihilation Omnibuses and the GOTG Ultimate/Complete/Whatever Collections, you would think overpricing this Omnibus for the collector's market would be a no brainer.

As for when they come out, aren't the Omnibuses in the solicits usually for 6 months after the solicit? So maybe Summer 2016? Daredevil by Waid Volume 4 isn't even coming out until end of January/beginning of February 2016, so that Volume 5 certainly isn't coming out in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Has anyone here read these books? I like Gambit and I like 90s X-Men goodness. But was this series any good?
    Yes, and no. Not offensively bad, but I've never had any desire to reread them. Enjoyed the recent Gambit series though.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Also, it's G. Willow Wilson not C.Willow Wilson
    We live in strange times.
    Last edited by Peter Parker; 10-20-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY ABNETT & LANNING OMNIBUS HC
    Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
    Penciled by PAUL PELLETIER, BRAD WALKER,
    CARLOS MAGNO, WES CRAIG, MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
    & TIMOTHY GREEN II
    Cover by ALEX GARNER
    All that stands in the way of universal disaster is an unlikely band of cosmic misfits: the Guardians of the Galaxy, retooled for the 21st century! Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Adam Warlock, Mantis and the all-new Quasar — together with Cosmo the telepathic space dog — take on the universe's most dangerous menaces and have a little fun along the way! The ragtag team must contend with Guardians from the future, a Skrull Secret Invasion and the Church of Universal Truth before the celestial stakes get even higher when an Inhuman/Shi'ar War opens up a Fault in space that may destroy everything! And the return of Thanos could spell doom for the Guardians! Plus: The solo adventures of breakout stars Rocket and Groot! Collecting GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) #1-25; THANOS IMPERATIVE: IGNITION #1, #1-6 and DEVASTATION #1; and material from ANNIHILATORS #1-4 and ANNIHILATORS: EARTHFALL #1-4.
    936 PGS./Rated T+ ...$99.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9834-5
    Trim size: oversized
    Does this means a War of Kings / Realm of Kings Omnibus will become obsolete or that it will have to reprint the GoG issues?

The Hawkeye Omni is already #7 on the IST best seller list. I didn't think it updated that fast.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Does this means a War of Kings / Realm of Kings Omnibus will become obsolete or that it will have to reprint the GoG issues?
    Obsolete in my opinion. Especially with Thanos Imperative in here, as that ends this chaper of Marvel Cosmic.

Im still hoping for a DnA Nova omni, but dont remotely expect War/Realm considering the contents left for that is mostly tie in banner headed rubbish. The WoK trade would fill any tiny gap (mostly the Inhumans mini) nicely
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    The Hawkeye Omni is already #7 on the IST best seller list. I didn't think it updated that fast.
    It does updat regularly. I just didn't bother to correct the other poster who assumed it didn't when talking about Werewolf by Night being #1.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Does anyone have any pics of the Hawkeye OHC? I'm going to pick up volume 2, but I already have the first 2 trades and I want to make sure the quality is worth trading up for.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Yeah I'm shocked that Guardians Omnibus is priced so low. It'll be interesting to see where the pre-order price on Amazon lands and if people might be able to score a really good deal before it is inevitably bumped to $125. With the popularity of the Annihilation Omnibuses and the GOTG Ultimate/Complete/Whatever Collections, you would think overpricing this Omnibus for the collector's market would be a no brainer.

As for when they come out, aren't the Omnibuses in the solicits usually for 6 months after the solicit? So maybe Summer 2016? Daredevil by Waid Volume 4 isn't even coming out until end of January/beginning of February 2016, so that Volume 5 certainly isn't coming out in January.
    Yeah - it's usually 3-6 months after the solicit depending on the binding/manufacturer.