Page 151 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    And the new x-men reprint still has the ugly white cover Guess i'll stick with my first printing then.

Is there a release date for Dr Strange yet?
    The first volume is solicited for September 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'll take the opposite side I guess. I'm actually shocked Marvel lets these books disappear for as long as they do. DC wins the trade battle every year because they keep the good sellers available to buy. Only Marvel would let the Daredevil omni go out of print 2 weeks before the Netflix show hit.

The best thing to happen to DC was the Alan Moore contract that forced Watchman to stay in print. They got to sit back and go wow I guess great books like Dark Knight and Watchman and ect, ect. will just keep selling if people
    How many reprints has UXM had, yet this last printing still sold through without any need for a fire sale. Not keeping these evergreen titles in play is just throwing away money.
    Then why don't they reprint Teen Titans omnis 1 and 2 again?

Just MoKF vol. 2 omnibus and Warlock and the Infinity Watch vol. 2 tpb for me. Very nice to have Infinity Watch complete.

Also if you want to be a collector - buy floppies. Collected editions are for readers. Practically every company goes back to press on certain books, and the printing is always marked on the inside page, just like a regular book. As mentioned before, there is a sweet spot for omnibus reprinting where you got the upgraded sewn binding while still getting the nice paper. Desirability in the collected editions marketplace isn't about what edition came first, it's about what edition is best. After all, the "first printing" is the comic book itself, not the collected edition.

DC lets stuff fall out of print all the time. Even the big stuff (Infinite Crisis).

No company can afford to keep any one printing going perpetually and reissues are the name of the game. Even for Harry Potter.

You'll be able to tell the difference between a 2nd New X-Men and future printings by the quality. Not to defend Marvel, 'cause they can be stupid in the omni world, but they have the widest omni library and they have to balance the dependable collector enthusiast market and the expanding new reader market. They have to worry about retailer space/dollars and warehouses as well.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by namor View Post
    Then why don't they reprint Teen Titans omnis 1 and 2 again?
    I'm sure it comes down, like all things, to how fast it sold/would sell this time vs other things and how fast they did/will move.
    Daredevil by Miller, Uncanny X-Men has proven themselves and continue to do so.

I promise, there will never be a reprint of Marvel 90's first omnibus

Edit: We have had trades of Teen Titans before this latest batch, I'm sure they concluded they would make more money reprinting trades than the omnibus. I wouldn't forever rule out a Teen Titans omnibus however. Maybe next time they will actually do a good job with them.
    Last edited by Tony; 02-16-2016 at 12:59 PM.

The Thor OHC is just 8 issues and a fluff annual. I wish they added the Thors Mini to it.
    We need better comics

Amazing Member

I just ordered the new X-Men omni from 1st. I had to go with the classic Paul Smith cover. I remember when that comic first came out. And it's the same price as the regular cover. $62.50 with free shipping. Hard to beat that. I had debated not getting this at first since I have most the contents in other places (MMW and the Adamantium collection) but having them all in one place and with the oversized art won me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    Yup, I kept on refeshing the page i assume I got one of it not the first order. Went with the normal cover, I like the look of the alien looking guy. I know the variant is worth more in the long run and it matches more with the last 2 volumes but its ok with me!!

I was going to order the DM cover to keep in line with volumes 1 & 2. But that Opena cover is just too beautiful to pass up!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Just MoKF vol. 2 omnibus and Warlock and the Infinity Watch vol. 2 tpb for me. Very nice to have Infinity Watch complete.

Also if you want to be a collector - buy floppies. Collected editions are for readers. Practically every company goes back to press on certain books, and the printing is always marked on the inside page, just like a regular book. As mentioned before, there is a sweet spot for omnibus reprinting where you got the upgraded sewn binding while still getting the nice paper. Desirability in the collected editions marketplace isn't about what edition came first, it's about what edition is best. After all, the "first printing" is the comic book itself, not the collected edition.
    Collected editions are for anybody, digital is for readers.

While the printing always says so inside, generally it also says it outside, as it's like a badge of honour.

I see no reason why, if it's all about the readability for those of you that see these items as just a way to read the comics, anyone would be against a small marker saying X edition on the spine or cover, to instantly demark for those that see these as collectable items, which edition is which. Which is what would be the optimum for both sides of the issues.

Collectors can look for books without a demarcation and may even double dip, while readers get top titles always on tap.

Side note, who picked that cover for WatIF vol2?!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    I just ordered the new X-Men omni from 1st. I had to go with the classic Paul Smith cover. I remember when that comic first came out. And it's the same price as the regular cover. $62.50 with free shipping. Hard to beat that. I had debated not getting this at first since I have most the contents in other places (MMW and the Adamantium collection) but having them all in one place and with the oversized art won me over.
    That new jacket art is nice, but I prefer the original Smith cover too. Ordered mine at eight minutes past the hour and snagged the variant for $60, thanks to the rolling +2% discount from last week's order.

CGN used to get the bulk of my business, but gouging us an extra $12.50 right out of the gate for the variant is rather appalling. I shifted my buying to IST about a year ago when this became CGN's standard practice.

IST has been my one and only source for Omnis since I learned about it from this thread a year or two ago, and I've never had cause to regret it.

Mighty Member

Really, a 3rd printing for new xmen while I've been patiently waiting for astonishing to get a second? And ultimates, bendis dd, brubaker cap, etc......arggghhh!!!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I had it in my Wish List and was refreshing there. Once it appeared I ordered as soon as it appeared about 2:03pm cst.
    I'm in the "first" grouping for sure. Got my Email confirmation receipt at 2:04pm

I had to have the Direct Market cover. I prefer the classic covers for my dust jackets on the Silver Age Omnis every time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime